Watch_Dogs patch removes compatibility with the worse mod

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME IF IT'S A REPOST! I didn't find an equivalent post!

Linus mentioned on the latest netlinked daily that the new "performance patch" for Watch_Dogs actually breaks compatibility with the "mod" that allowed you to unlock E3 graphics. DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS PATCH!!!

here's the full video:

Worse and worse Ubi...

-EDIT-

Apparently it is still possible to install the mod by unpacking and re-packing the files with the patch ( @PokémonTrainerFour wrote it in his post) so it's not as bad as it looked, but it's still not clear if the compatibility issue was intentional or not and most of all why the hell the patch didn't include those graphics options in the game to start with.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Linus mentioned on the latest netlinked daily that the new "performance patch" for Watch_Dogs actually breaks compatibility with the "mod" that allowed you to unlock E3 graphics. DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS PATCH!!!

here's the full video:

Worse and worse Ubi...

It was mentioned on the newest WAN Show that you can re-enable the mod by unpacking and repacking the files with the patch, so it's safe to get.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

Because uPlay wasn't enough to hate you, Ubisoft...

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Of course it does. What else did you expect from Ubisoft... I can't help but to imagine all of this part of a massive conspiracy to make EA look good. Like if we dig in deep enough we will find out that entire executive branch of Ubisoft was replaced by EA employees not too long ago or something.

In any case, if this keeps up we will have to take EA's crown back and give it to Ubisoft.

I'm definitely not buying Watch_Dogs after all this crap. And the next Assassin's Creed game. And the next Far Cry game.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

As noone else wrote it, I will: REPOST

:P Sorry, couldn't help it

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

Yup, Ubisoft is dead to me.

"So, you want to enjoy the better graphics that we failed to deliver by installing a community mod? Too bad, here's a patch that will screw things up even more!"

EDIT: Oh crap, I just now realised that I bought Far Cry 3 in the SSS...

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Oh crap, I just now realised that I bought Far Cry 3 in the SSS...

I was going to buy it as well but nope. I'm saving money thanks to Ubisoft's dickheadedness.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Well in their defense this probably wasn't intentional. 

The mod is made of 2 files called patch.dat and patch.fat. To apply it you just have to paste those into a folder, no original game files are replaced or modified in any way. 
And so since the game automatically uses those files without any modifications to the game files it must have been programmed from the start to know to use any "patch" files in the folder because that must be how they intend to issues patches. So the patch Ubisoft released must just overwrite the mod since the file name is the same. 

u just posted news on linustechtips that was reported by Linus himself ......

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I was going to buy it as well but nope. I'm saving money thanks to Ubisoft's dickheadedness.

Yup, Ubisoft is dead to me.

"So, you want to enjoy the better graphics that we failed to deliver by installing a community mod? Too bad, here's a patch that will screw things up even more!"

EDIT: Oh crap, I just now realised that I bought Far Cry 3 in the SSS...

Far Cry 3 is actually very good and looks amazing.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

Far Cry 3 is actually very good and looks amazing.

Don't care, was made by Hitler.

u just posted news on linustechtips that was reported by Linus himself ......

It was an ncix video

As noone else wrote it, I will: REPOST

Link?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Well ubisoft decided to bitch a b*tch this week 

Don't worry now that those E3 files are out there now the modders will keep updating their release as well. It's too late for Ubisoft to pull the plug on it.

somehow it could be expected since, but then again why leave these graphical abilities inside the game if you aren't allowed to use them?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Just a matter of time...

Still, Ubisoft...

Woah.

Is anyone going to buy any game from you on PC?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Don't worry now that those E3 files are out there now the modders will keep updating their release as well. It's too late for Ubisoft to pull the plug on it.

Yes, but this move indicates an attempt from ubi to remove access to those files and brings us to the question: why pull such a dick move on us?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yes, but this move indicates an attempt from ubi to remove access to those files and brings us to the question: why pull such a dick move on us?

I really don't think it's intentional. I know on other games (Skyrim for example) when an update was released, certain mods and tweaks needed to be updated to work with the game as well or they wouldn't work correctly.

The update wasn't purposely made to block out the tweak to turn on the features, based on that. I know everyone's on the Ubisoft-hate-train, but in this part I think it's safe to say that they didn't make the tweak incompatible on purpose.

I really don't think it's intentional. I know on other games (Skyrim for example) when an update was released, certain mods and tweaks needed to be updated to work with the game as well or they wouldn't work correctly.

The update wasn't purposely made to block out the tweak to turn on the features, based on that. I know everyone's on the Ubisoft-hate-train, but in this part I think it's safe to say that they didn't make the tweak incompatible on purpose.

I disagree: first of all, the first thing they should have done with the patch was implement e3 graphics officially, which they didn't. Secondly, the worse mod isn't a mod in the proper sense of the word, as it's not inserting new content but rather activating something that exists already. To block it from working ubisoft would have had to specifically change the way that part is accessed and since that particular asset was not affected by the patch, they wouldn't have any reason to do so other than to block the tweak from happening. For these reasons, it's almost certain that there was malicious intent behind this patch.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I disagree: first of all, the first thing they should have done with the patch was implement e3 graphics officially, which they didn't. Secondly, the worse mod isn't a mod in the proper sense of the word, as it's not inserting new content but rather activating something that exists already. To block it from working ubisoft would have had to specifically change the way that part is accessed and since that particular asset was not affected by the patch, they wouldn't have any reason to do so other than to block the tweak from happening. For these reasons, it's almost certain that there was malicious intent behind this patch.

Did you read what this guy posted on the first page of the thread?

It was mentioned on the newest WAN Show that you can re-enable the mod by unpacking and repacking the files with the patch, so it's safe to get.

Like I said, when a game gets updated, tweaks and mods often become incompatible. I know TheWorse's file isn't a "mod", I didn't say it was. It's a tweak to get the hidden features turned back on.

Way to go, Ubisoft.

Joker-clapping.gif

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014