Intel - "Talk to the Product Marketing Engineer" Live Chat & Giveaway

LinusTech

Okay Linus. Im re-building my brothers pc. he is currently running a fx6100 running at 4.4 ghz. cooled by a h100.  BUT he want something more compact. so i where thinking about getting a 250d and asus z97i plus mobo. what would you recommend, the g3258 overclocked for maybe 1-2 years. or should i get the i5 4690k ? 

He is not really on a budget, but if he could save 2/3 the money for the next build, it would make sense right ? 

THANKS (: !

Oh, hes videocard is a direct cu 770! 

What work is intel doing to help developers better utilise multiple threads or are they happen to see most games run on fewer cores.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

So here goes my question:

When will we reach the limit of silicone and if there is a limit, what will be the next element that will drive the CPU manufacturing industry?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

My Question is this. Is it worth the money for the performance we will see?, I understand it is a refresh mainly, but what kind of performance would we be expecting over the previous gen compared to cost.

Question: Why you did Pentium G3258 with so great overclock-potential? WHY PENTIUM, WHY!?

Does AMD Mantle or Direct x 12  have any affect on intel CPU in the future? 

What's it like to work for Intel? Is there really that hatred for AMD like the internet suggests or do you have good communication with them? Sharing info etc to push forward technology

Last Intel chip I had was a slot in Pentium 2 (sorry)

Intel recently released details about its upcoming Knights Landing chip, featuring 16GB of on-package stacked DRAM. Has a solution like this been considered for retail processors? If the memory performance is so much better and home computers don't require a large amount of DRAM to begin with, it would make almost make off-chip memory optional. 

Question: Do you think Devil's canyon came about to fill in the gap caused by the Broadwell delay, at least in part?

Question for intel 

When do you think 6 core and 8 core cpus will come down to mainstream pricing.

Whooo we're starting!

Another question. The overclockable Pentium is awesome, but can we please get an i3?

Question for Intel Product Marketing Engineer:

What are the some of the common challenges of your engineers and development team in terms of making a better processor? 

What are the acceptable tradeoffs when designing a processor that is top of the line in relation to older generation processors?

I have a 2600k would i benefit from a upgrade? apart from rendering would i notice a difference in the real world. My 2660k wont go over 4.3 ghz.

What about laptop devilscanyon sku and will it work on the current haswell laptop socket?

hi, i have the 2500k and z68 platform, running with a gtx770. 

is ther any real performance increase with the new stuff?

Question for Stream: Honestly answer this please, what reasons for a gamer do you see for someone to upgrade from SandyBridge (such as myself) ?

If only we all could afford 8 SSD's in Raid 0  :wub:

A few questions:

1.Why not make any i3 or i5 Devils Canyon CPUs?

2.Is the Pentium G3258 any good for gaming?

Question for Stream: What about laptop devilscanyon sku and will it work on the current haswell laptop socket?

Base clock is not always the best indication of processor ability, you need to look at thing such as instructions per cycle, number of cores etc. as well. If you go back far enough you will see points where a processor successor has lower clocks than its predecessor, but faster overall. So Intel still have plenty of things to go on and change to their processors for future generations. 

If anything I have said is wrong, can someone correct me as I am still learning, and would appreciate any knowledge others have to share :)

Thank you, that was very informative! However, I'd like to know Intel's direct response while hopefully citing out their specific areas for future development.