Intel - "Talk to the Product Marketing Engineer" Live Chat & Giveaway

LinusTech

the traditional,

would you rather fight a horse sized duck or a duck sized horse and why 

I Will be there!

My Brother will anyways upgrade to a Z97 MB / I5 4690k. Maybe I get the chanse and win him the CPU:D lol

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Btw What Is a "Live Viewer?"

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Btw What Is a "Live Viewer?"

he will gave the CPU's away to people who are watching the livestream, not the ones will look at the youtube video (i dont now if hes even gonna upload it to youtube, but you get my point)

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

yey!

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

he will gave the CPU's away to people who are watching the livestream, not the ones will look at the youtube video (i dont now if hes even gonna upload it to youtube, but you get my point)

aha. I Will watch on Twitch. I Will Hold my tums for that CPU:DD

GOD DAMN IT! I have an important university exam that day.... 3 hours after the stream start and I have to drive into university .... GL the viewers I suppose :\

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (Stock Speed)  Motherboard: Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark-S  Memory: 4x8GB Klevv GENUINE DDR3 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 550Ti PSU: Corsair RM850

Question for an engineer: Why do Inlet's CPUs have much better graphics on the higher end CPUs then on the lower end, where people are more likely to actually use on board graphics?

im sorry mr fx but if i will win you're out 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

Yay I have a change to win a cpu that I don`t a compatible motherboard, but if I win I will defently buy a good 97 board

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

hello all the way from Perth Australia :)

thanks for making this international

disclaimer i use AMD products at least i will be honest about this.

since the FX line which was cheap and value oriented is now mostly dead; i have a few questions in regards to how intel will respond to the shift.

1) when designing new chips how much input does Intel have in the designing of motherboards. do you set parameters on what should be standard across the line of mobos. 

or do you leave the mobo manufacturers creative freedom to implement functions according to value. eg 3rd party audio processing, oc functions, thunderbolt, usb and sata manufacturing.

in regards to sata express, i understand that the first iteration of sata express was created using a ASMedia controller. i would like to know if Intel helps to engineer the hardware that goes into the mobos;

that there is a performance consistency across all ports. all devices perform similarly.

2) a more interesting topic is that AMD have effectively dropped out of the processor race and have shifted to the APU sector.

i fully acknowledge that the FX series is in reality a server processor that was re-branded to appease enthusiasts.

but the idea of the FX series, was that the highest performing chip was priced at below 250 around launch.

this meant that we felt a immense value when purchasing the chip. prestige if you will.

i want to know if you plan to release a separate line of gaming oriented chips, priced around 250 that will give consumers the same experience. (highest possible chip at competitive price points)

IMHO i would buy an i7 as a enthusiast but at launch that would have cost me an additional 600 dollars as i would have to buy a new motherboard along with the chip. (money that i did not have  :( )

To be fair the highest I7 is not really meant for gaming, rather its for productivity.

but that being said, will you follow in a value oriented perspective? (possibly with a new branded line of chips that are disassociated with the 'I' series)

3) in regards to the last point if you do make a line of gaming chip, will there be backward compatibility?

i have understood that almost every 2 refreshes the socket change meant that the motherboards were not backward compatible.

this is a factor that prevents me from investing in hardware for an Intel chip. i am not thrilled about putting away a good mobo and chip every 2 years!

i have components as old as 5 years in my current rig. an AM3 mobo being one of them. how will you address backwards compatibility in terms of ports.

will the ports consistently change as we progress or will it maintain the same socket so that older hardware can still be connected. (usb thunderbolt, sata)

4)i live in Australia. the internet sucks and the people in charge of infrastructure and tech investment are dinosaurs.

this means that all electronics are basically 25% more expensive because of how they are taxed pre-sale. how will you address our market here in Australia?

i recently saw chips that were grossly overpriced (links below) when compared to the us ( sites like Newegg etc).

will or do you have options for international customers to buy products at standard rate + free shipping?

5) lastly as enthusiasts, we always love innovation. when something is backwards compatible AND boast a new useful features. we will be the first in line to buy it!

that being said ,will you move forward in a more cores direction or will you maintain the clock speed race?

will there ever be a intel APU that will end amd? Intel Nvdia collab?

how soon will it be before we see a heterogeneous system. a single piece of hardware that will replace the desktop pc?

are you able to tell us if such a concept is even in development?

Personally the reason i ended up with the fx was because of how cheap it was and how it leveraged multiple cores when rendering or gaming.

it wasn't great for everything but it did everything i wanted; and then some.

in my years of building computers, i never had enough money for the premiums. but when i knew a products true value i would invest.(i still have my intel dual core rig from early 2000. ddr2 and everything! :D)

i started with a celeron single core, then a pentium 4 hyper threading,,then the q8200 quad core. but none of them ever performed to my expectations. lag,system instability, not being able to play new games. 

i hate to say this but when i made the switch, i was dumbfounded at how something that cost the same as my q8200 at lanuch could completely change my view on value oriented builds. :(

i know that my next rig is intel based. Not by choice, but by what is currently relevant.

Can you reassure us, the consumers that intel will continue to innovate and keep moderate backward compatibility? most of all! not push products which 'deliver at cost' 

most of your consumers are not rich, they are students, gamers, and mostly 6 year olds who pester their working class parents because they think they need 745725 fps to play cod.

i am better off now than i was 10 years ago. but if i wasn't in a position where i couldn't afford the high end stuff, i would never realize the value of what i was purchasing.

staying true to the wan show buffoonery! i have rewarded you with a dr evil meme for your attention! all in good jest! i'm sorry if you wanted cats, i'm sure someone else will post one pretty soon  :D

rkca93.jpg

2il68y.jpg

Also Linus i love that you haven't fired slick in a while. buttttttt it just doesn't feel the same when he has that much job security.

he's getting 'complacent' and you should fix that!  :P and whatever happened to that toy and gaming channel?

need moar nerf and fpses! and the occasional Logan, Wendell or Qain wouldn't hurt too!

much love from perth and never stop making your videos!

sincerely

Bryan 'THE ARC' Angel

Why did Intel name a cpu line after me and my home without asking me if it was ok first?  

DeViLzzz Canyon

:P

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

2) a more interesting topic is that AMD have effectively dropped out of the processor race and have shifted to the APU sector.

i fully acknowledge that the FX series is in reality a server processor that was re-branded to appease enthusiasts.

but the idea of the FX series, was that the highest performing chip was priced at below 250 around launch.

this meant that we felt a immense value when purchasing the chip. prestige if you will.

i want to know if you plan to release a separate line of gaming oriented chips, priced around 250 that will give consumers the same experience. (highest possible chip at competitive price points)

IMHO i would buy an i7 as a enthusiast but at launch that would have cost me an additional 600 dollars as i would have to buy a new motherboard along with the chip. (money that i did not have  :( )

To be fair the highest I7 is not really meant for gaming, rather its for productivity.

but that being said, will you follow in a value oriented perspective? (possibly with a new branded line of chips that are disassociated with the 'I' series)

wouldn't that be the i5 series?

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

(name pronunciation: m - vit - cun)

QUESTION 1 FOR STREAM: I'm aware that Intel stopped soldering the die to the IHS after Sandybridge on the consumer platform (e.g. LGA 1155,1150), and I'm wondering if it's more cost effective to simply use TIM or if Intel had some other reason for switching from a solder to TIM.

QUESTION 2 FOR STREAM:Will Intel continue to use TIM on the consumer platform, or will they go back to soldering the die to the IHS for Skylake.

QUESTION 3 FOR STREAM:I understand that the requirements for anyone to benefit from the Retail Edge program are quite strict, and that the highest tiers are very difficult to achieve even for highly active members of Intel's community as the requirements entail you participating so heavily in their forum. Couldn't Intel create a tier with similar requirements to the top tiers  (e.g. Rock Legend and Rock Star) but for standard consumers, so that those people that participate heavily in Intel's forum might benefit from the discount without heaving to be a part of retail?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

wouldn't that be the i5 series?

Well to begin, the i5 isn't top of the range. i'm talking about a new line of chips entirely. doesn't have to be power efficient or even the most powerful chip.

it however must be a chip for gamers, where the socket can remain the same THROUGHOUT the many upgrades!  :) ; also the max pricing should be at the aforementioned $250.

it could be a pentium chip for all i care. the idea is basically to have a chip designed to provide the power needed for a gamer, and then some 

any workload or game must work without issue, just like the 8350.

i guess the best analogy is to say; the average gamer does not need an i7 PERIOD! no game to date needs that much power!

but if you tell him that the i5 is sufficient for his 'meaningless' hobby. he would most definitely feel that he has made a loss by buying a less powerful chip.

i hope i clarified that point. if you have a different take, please do share  :D

I'm so excited  ^_^ and it is even a good time for me.

I just want to know that the Over Clocking potential is for the 4790K   

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Why must these streams always be when I have to do other things!!!! First during school now during work. AAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

I am attending as well. 2pm in my location.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Can we expect to see Devil's Canyon like refreshes to future processor generations like Broadwell? Or is this only a one time thing?

Will Broadwell ship with a TIM similiar to the Devil's Canyon chips?

I hope i can partecipate....

Question #1: Why is intel shipping it's processors with that ridiculous heatsink?

"             "#2: How long does it takes to develop a new cpu and how long does it takes between building the ES and the actual CPU?

4 am in Australia.....

get good.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.