be quiet! Dark Rock pro 3 vs Noctua nh-d15

Vicente Gomez

Both really good coolers and both will do great overclocking and will give a great overall performance. Which cooler is better?

i'd go with noctua cause they look sexy o._O

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

I think the Be Quiet! looks better but I think the Noctua performs better.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Personally I prefer the Dark Rock Pro 3, it's not the best performer, the NH-D15 is a bit better, but I prefer to sacrifice 2-3°C just for sheer looks.

b1.jpg

looks like the d15 is better, everything is the same except for the db

Better looks and easier mounting. You won't notice a difference of 5 decibels

ok, thanks

I Would go for the NHU14S With an Extra Fan.... it only a 2-3C Higher Temps than the D15 but looks and FIT"S a lot better...And Cheaper too

I have had mine about 4 weeks now and love it... Running the fans at 850rpm i can just hear the moving air and real low temps...25C idle and 48-50C full load Aida64.

Looks are subjective. Noctua if i recall correctly have the EASIEST mounting for any heatsink. Also, you will notice 5dB.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

Looks are subjective. Noctua if i recall correctly have the EASIEST mounting for any heatsink. Also, you will notice 5dB.

Both are great coolers. It really comes down to personal preference.

I prefer the look of the cryorig. It is really quiet and performs very well.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Both really good coolers and both will do great overclocking and will give a great overall performance. Which cooler is better?

The D15 is the best performing air cooler on the market hands down, however the Rock looks better but, I'd go for the noctua.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

5 decibels is far from not noticeable. 

The NH-D15 is the best air cooler atm. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5db is the noise of x *1.5. A GPU that makes 50db of noise is twice as loud as  one that makes 40db of noise. 

The Noctua on performs better but it's ugly and louder. I'd say be quiet!