STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

lol here is a snapshot of my email inbox earlier, that had continued for a page or two.

9b75cbf61288475c873511c07ea55690.png

wtf what do you sell lol???

Its all looks these days

HOW DO YOU MAKE THE MONEY!!!!!!!

You just sell the trading cards on the Steam market. You won't make much, each card sells for maybe $0.10-$0.15. They might sell for a bit more at the very start of the summer sale, though. I'm at work right now, though, so I can't check current prices.  :ph34r:

You just sell the trading cards on the Steam market. You won't make much, each card sells for maybe $0.10-$0.15. They might sell for a bit more at the very start of the summer sale, though. I'm at work right now, though, so I can't check current prices.  :ph34r:

where do you check prices?

Its all looks these days

Mkay, an updated list for me: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Shadow Warrior, One finger death Punch, 10 second Ninja (probably), Valdis Story: Abyssal City, A Wizard's Lizard, Ascendant, Viktor (probably won't go on sale though ;_;, the soundtrack to this game is absolutely insane btw.), Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Alice: Madness Returns, Sleeping Dogs, VVVVVV, Hitman: Absolution, Metro: Last Light, Enslaved: Oddysey to the West, Transistor, Shovel Knight (please be on sale you gorgeous piece of 8-bit love, I need you!)

I basically kicked out all the random stuff from my wishlist that I've gathered over the past few months and the newer AAA titles. If there is a really good discount on AC4 (like 80% or something) I might go for it. Thief would also be pretty nice, but it's too expensive right now. Hmm......

I'm watching for a heavy Thief discount myself actually, if it goes 75% then we may see a purchase. :D

I own it already but it'll be cool for you if DE:HR Directors Cut goes on sale, as it includes the 'Missing Link' DLC.

wtf what do you sell lol???

Trading cards and CSGO items.

This is correct, the majority of those items were Trading Cards of low value.

where do you check prices?

If you go into your inventory in Steam, any saleable item there will have a 'items starting at' price, so you can see what people are listing the items for and hence how much they're worth, you can also sell them from the 'Sell' button on each item's description.

should i buy bf4 20$???? Its tempting.... steam sale isnt that good yet for me.... far cry 3 is the only thing I like lol

Its all looks these days

how does win 3 wishlist thing work???

Its all looks these days

should i buy bf4 20$???? Its tempting.... steam sale isnt that good yet for me.... far cry 3 is the only thing I like lol

Don't get Bf4, hit registration (while it finally got better now after 7 months) is still pretty bad. The game is full of lock-on bs weapons and explosive spam (airburst grenade launcher for example). Also, getting on a decent server will get harder and harder with the last 2 DLCs, so you'll probably have little choice where to play or be forced to buy premium. Not to mention that Hardline will probably kill the playerbase for a month or two. The community is awful as well, an absolutely toxic environment on the forums and in-game.

how does win 3 wishlist thing work???

You have to be in the winning team (it was purple this time) and then just get picked at random. The chances of actually winning are pretty slim though.

Is RAGE good? I'm thinking about buying that.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Is RAGE good? I'm thinking about buying that.

It's worth playing, it has a combat racing element too that is in my opinion pretty good. You also get to drive the vehicles around the wasteland and upgrade them ect.

Welp, I just bought The Far Cry Franchise, Rage + DLC, Bulletstorm, and The Last Remnant 'cause why not. That's 30 bucks down the drain and still no PC that can run shit. I was debating XCOM and The Bureau, but whatever since I'm not that into strategy games, anyway, and I don't remember The Bureau much.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Welp, I just bought The Far Cry Franchise, Rage + DLC, Bulletstorm, and The Last Remnant 'cause why not. That's 30 bucks down the drain and still no PC that can run shit. I was debating XCOM and The Bureau, but whatever since I'm not that into strategy games, anyway, and I don't remember The Bureau much.

Stockpiling. :)

If you're going to get one of the new xcom games I'd recommend starting with enemy unknown.

Stockpiling. :)

If you're going to get one of the new xcom games I'd recommend starting with enemy unknown.

Yeah, but I'd rather get games I know that I can get into quickly or like from the beginning due to past games or similar genres like the Batman games, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Assassin's Creed, etc. The only strategy game I ever got into were the Fire Emblem games and I will say that Super Smash Bros. Brawl not Melee that got me into it. You can thank Ike for that.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Yeah, but I'd rather get games I know that I can get into quickly or like from the beginning due to past games or similar genres like the Batman games, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Assassin's Creed, etc. The only strategy game I ever got into were the Fire Emblem games and I will say that Super Smash Bros. Brawl not Melee that got me into it. You can thank Ike for that.

I'm looking forward to when Saints Row 4 complete goes on full sale, number 3 was weak and I didn't enjoy it but I played 4 during it's free weekend and you know what? That game is really good fun, you have superpowers and can do stuff like run super fast/jump super high/fly and the action flows nicely it's actually quite addictive speed running down a road and leaping from rooftop to rooftop.

It has a ridiculous alien invasion plot as well with a really sarcastic sounding british alien antagonist.

If that game comes up cheap and you like the idea of an insane sandbox then I'd grab 4, but definitely not 3 it has none of the superhero madness and it's pretty bland despite it's efforts to be silly/funny.

I'm looking forward to when Saints Row 4 complete goes on full sale, number 3 was weak and I didn't enjoy it but I played 4 during it's free weekend and you know what? That game is really good fun, you have superpowers and can do stuff like run super fast/jump super high/fly and the action flows nicely it's actually quite addictive speed running down a road and leaping from rooftop to rooftop.

It has a ridiculous alien invasion plot as well with a really sarcastic sounding british alien antagonist.

If that game comes up cheap and you like the idea of an insane sandbox then I'd grab 4, but definitely not 3 it has none of the superhero madness and it's pretty bland despite it's efforts to be silly/funny.

Some of the games on sale were cheaper during other sales or stuff like Humble Bundle. I kind of do regret not getting Prince of Persia (2008) for $3 and find it funny how Mirror's Edge sale price is $10, flash sale is $5, and the other sales before the Steam Sale it was $5. Well, whatever.

Got Super Meat Boy, Don't Starve, The Witcher 2, Monaco, Castle Crashers and Orion: Dino Horde for $18.

Want to get Nether (it's $6.74 right now) but will probably wait another week or so.

And I'm waiting for Portal, Portal 2, Crysis 3, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Borderlands 2 to come down in price.

I was too inpatient during the Christmas sale, I've learned my lesson :P

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I bought nothing so far ;P get wrecked Ill buy everything last day lol or good flash sale :)

Its all looks these days

Where is the assassins creed like hexapack??? Id buy that no questions asked :) math wiz tell me what it would be called_____pack

Its all looks these days

Where is the assassins creed like hexapack??? Id buy that no questions asked :) math wiz tell me what it would be called_____pack

It is likely that an Assassin's creed pack will come on sale, it normally does.

GIVE ME JRPG'S, OR GIVE ME DEATH!

G-Cloud, I really like that image, I spent a minute or so looking at it and I can't decide whether the size of the head is right... It's wrong and right at the same time.

Bought far cry 3 and the witcher 2. Both are too cheap not to buy them :P

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

Wow, cart had twenty games in it but I managed to knock it down to two titles for right now, which is: Tomb Raider: Survival Edition and Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition. :lol:  Also, really glad I got the Humble Bundle package for RPG Maker VX ACE because having experience with that thing tells me it is not worth anything more than 10$. XP is loads better. lol

Question: does anyone know if it is possible to purchase games through a phone call or perhaps call to put money into a wallet? My friend doesn't like to put his card on anything (despite it being safe...) and wants to know if it is possible. Highly unlikely I feel, but I thought I should just ask you guys instead of waiting days for support to answer him.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Personally I'm waiting for skyrim legendary edition to go on the daily deal

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w