STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

I sense that controller is for a noob whom thinks if he gets this he will prestige 2739 times in cod on his console within a 12 hour peroid

Well, this exists so...

0074384083070_500X500.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Well, this exists so...

Omfg!! I forgot about that! Lmao now I can play for approx 3 days longer without having a chance of getting the dreaded ylod

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Well, this exists so...

That's the stupidest thing I have ever seen to be fitted to a PS3 slim lol, it doesn't need it especially not the 160/320GB models that had a die shrink, the original 120/250GB slims ran quite warm but didn't have overheating issues AFAIK.

That's the stupidest thing I have ever seen to be fitted to a PS3 slim lol, it doesn't need it.

Omfg!! I forgot about that! Lmao now I can play for approx 3 days longer without having a chance of getting the dreaded ylod

This is much, much worse when you know that the Wii and Wii U run the coolest and with the lowest power consumption compared to Sony's and Microsoft's consoles.

nyko-nintendo-wii-intercooler.jpg

Oh, and remember these? Kontrol Freeks?

KFreek.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

This is much, much worse when you know that the Wii and Wii U run the coolest and with the lowest power consumption compared to Sony's and Microsoft's consoles.

Posted Image

Oh, and remember these? Kontrol Freeks?

Posted Image

I'm honestly dying laughing right now from remembering these things! That wii must be playing some intense Mario Kart action!

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

I'm honestly dying laughing right now from remembering these things! That wii must be playing some intense Mario Kart action!

3rd gear! 3rd gear! DAMN KOOPA SHELL! MOVE MUTHA-bleep-A! DIRTY-ASS, PEACH! GO SUCK IT, YOSHI! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! NO!!! NOOOOOO!!! DAMN YOU, BOWSER AI! I WOULD HAVE BROKEN MY RECORD OF 60':00":00!!!

racingon_1.jpg

53014.jpg

3rd gear! 3rd gear! DAMN KOOPA SHELL! MOVE MUTHA-bleep-A! DIRTY-ASS, PEACH! GO SUCK IT, YOSHI! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! NO!!! NOOOOOO!!! DAMN YOU, BOWSER AI! I WOULD HAVE BROKEN MY RECORD OF 60':00":00!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is so me drunk when I play my emulator of Mario kart

I feel the need to post this video while the Nintendo theme is rolling, very impressive work from the man there IMHO.

I feel the need to post this video while the Nintendo theme is rolling, very impressive work from the man there IMHO.

Ehhh maybe I'll watch it tomorrow if your lucky

Ehhh maybe I'll watch it tomorrow if your lucky

You don't really need to watch it all just flick through to see what he's done, my favourite thing is the paintwork, I'd like to know the paints he used to get the top coat to crack up as it has to create that cool effect.

I'd like to know the paints he used to get the top coat to crack up as it has to create that cool effect.

Ask and you shall receive

Vallejo_-_AV_Crackle_Medium_17ml__94886.

It's a medium, so you just blend some in any acrylic paint you want while you're painting, and it'll crack up once it dries.

AG3557236.JPG

Note that it should be varnished afterwards so it won't flake.

Note that the N64 paint job in question didn't have crackle all over, which was a nice touch. You'd just paint without the medium in some places and with it in others to create the same effect. Might need a thicker coat in the non-crackle areas.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Vallejo_-_AV_Crackle_Medium_17ml__94886.

It's a medium, so you just blend some in any acrylic paint you want while you're painting, and it'll crack up once it dries.

AG3557236.JPG

Note that the N64 paint job in question didn't have crackle all over, which was a nice touch. You'd just paint without the medium in some places and with it in others to create the same effect. Might need a thicker coat in the non-crackle areas.

Awesome thanks for posting !

Awesome thanks for posting !

Wow, that's awesome. 

My mom made that herself using some tiling stuff. She did it by accident the first time, then liked it and decided to do our fireplace in it. 

It's awesome there's paint specifically for that. :D

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Got around to reading some of the more recent posts. Got a little bit of games, but I paid double for them. See, instead of getting lots of discounted games for myself, I got a couple of multi games for myself and my GF aswell as gift a few games to friends.

Wide hipped half Japanese gamer gf with a cute face. fite me irl

Wow, that's awesome. 

My mom made that herself using some tiling stuff. She did it by accident the first time, then liked it and decided to do our fireplace in it. 

It's awesome there's paint specifically for that. :D

Ahah, I bet the first discovery of crackle medium was an accident too :P

It's fairly popular for making wargaming terrain, especially desert surfaces, (like for Warhammer 40K) - that's how I know about it. In addition to the Vallejo Crackle Medium there are some other types, I think one is called "distressing medium" and does the same thing.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

How do you all think the sale was in general this year? There were some amazing games for sure, but I would say it wasn't as insane as the past few sales.

How do you all think the sale was in general this year? There were some amazing games for sure, but I would say it wasn't as insane as the past few sales.

If you owned none of the games, it was great, but the fact is the majority of us already owned most of them from previous years of the sale.

I thought it was a little lacking this year. There were hardly any good games in my opinion and when there was, I already owned them. It was a little disappointing... :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

A few games were worth it, but it wasn't that good IMHO.

I thought it was a little lacking this year. There were hardly any good games in my opinion and when there was, I already owned them. It was a little disappointing... :(

You are... everywhere in the forum haha

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

A few games were worth it, but it wasn't that good IMHO.

You are... everywhere in the forum haha

I am? I'm probably a bit more active at the moment given that I'm stressing my PC and can't do much else...and I'd rather not leave it going while I'm not here to monitor it.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I am? I'm probably a bit more active at the moment given that I'm stressing my PC and can't do much else...and I'd rather not leave it going while I'm not here to monitor it.

Every day. :)

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p