STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

Unbelievable. Green team went from number 2 to 5 in the last 18 seconds........ ughhh x(

And today's final sale is going to kill my bank saldo

QF5fDzU.jpg

XNqTnBh.png

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

Steam's jammed and not displaying anything yet. <_<

Just hover over the individual titles.

And, NOOOOOO! Not a single game on my remaining list is discounted, god damn it Steam! You had one job! Maybe I'll farm some cards and see if I can get VVVVVV in the end......

Trine 2
Wizorb
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition
Dead Island Riptide
Rush Bros
Slender: The Arrival
Super Meat Boy
Takedown: Red Sabre
The Swapper

I am looking for cards for these sets guys.  I am not trading away Steam Summer Sale cards though for them.  If you are looking to trade with me I am TRADENOW! (LV 11 - Sean from Sarnia, ON, Canada) 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

So is this the final day or am I confused, all the daily deals are back but it doesn't say Encore Day as it normally does. :wacko:

So is this the final day or am I confused, all the daily deals are back but it doesn't say Encore Day as it normally does. :wacko:

I'm pretty sure this is the final day.

TAMPON TEAM WON!

YES!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Damn it, trying to find something else to buy. Only spent $119.13. 

I loved Saints Row 3 on Xbox 360, what do you guys think about the Saints Row Franchise Pack for $18.74 (75% off).

How does it run on PC? I've heard a lot of different stories.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Not a single good racing game on sale..... sad

Yea I would've liked to see a good racing game as well

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

Damn it, trying to find something else to buy. Only spent $119.13. 

I loved Saints Row 3 on Xbox 360, what do you guys think about the Saints Row Franchise Pack for $18.74 (75% off).

How does it run on PC? I've heard a lot of different stories.

3 and 4 run very well, SR4 is the best one, 3 is a bit shit IMO.

2 was one of the worst PC ports ever probably hence what you've heard.

Final day... :(  this year's sale felt like it went faster than last year. Maybe it was because I didn't see a lot of games I personally thought was interesting? Hmm.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Final day... :(  this year's sale felt like it went faster than last year. Maybe it was because I didn't see a lot of games I personally thought was interesting? Hmm.

Yeah more time waiting for the next day in the hope of better stuff = less time savouring.

Yeah more time waiting for the next day in the hope of better stuff = less time savouring.

Yup, that' show it felt to me. Not enough "Oh man, that game's on sale" on my end...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

A quick recap of the summer sale for me this year:

A Wizards Lizard, Alice: Madness Returns, Ascendant, Awesomenauts, Bastion, Beyond Good & Evil, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite, Defy Gravity, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Devil May Cry 3, Devil May Cry 4, DmC: Devil May Cry, Dishonored, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Enslaved, Far Cry 3, Hitman: Absolution, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Risk of Rain, Shadow Warrior, Shovel Knight, Sleeping Dogs, They Bleed Pixels, Tomb Raider, Transistor, Valdis Story, Viktor, VVVVVV, The Witcher, The Witcher 2, The Wolf Among Us.

Pretty successful for me.

Uh technically the sale is still going on and I got to level 8 and I don't get all the cards for voting?  What a joke.  I was working on getting one last account to level 8 and now I see it was bumped to level 8 by Steam probably by some Summer Sale achievement for it being over with even if it is not over with.  Heck can we even get items still with the Summer Sale cards by combining them to make a badge?

Uh technically the sale is still going on and I got to level 8 and I don't get all the cards for voting?  What a joke.  I was working on getting one last account to level 8 and now I see it was bumped to level 8 by Steam probably by some Summer Sale achievement for it being over with even if it is not over with.  Heck can we even get items still with the Summer Sale cards by combining them to make a badge?

You can craft the badges still I do believe, but the teams won't benefit from it. I leveled up to 8 last night and it took a couple hours and by that time, I was bumped to level 9 because the whole team thing ended. I'd say give it a few hours first. If the cards don't come by then, you might not get them. :(

You can craft the badges still I do believe, but the teams won't benefit from it. I leveled up to 8 last night and it took a couple hours and by that time, I was bumped to level 9 because the whole team thing ended. I'd say give it a few hours first. If the cards don't come by then, you might not get them. :(

666th post for you ...

probably not good luck for me ..

oh wait I am the Devil! So maybe I will get those cards. LOL

Any1 have a 4 and 9 to offer in regards to SSS cards?  I have other SSS cards I can offer you and of course other stuff.

Honestly I can't wait til the SSS for 2014 is over with so at least I don't have to vote, trade and all the other stuff that takes up time I want back honestly. LOL

So since this is the end of the sale, and the SSS Adventure cards only have about 17 hours until they expire (as of this posting), the market is very active. 

SSS Adventure card 3 has been sold 240,000 times in the last 24 hours. Valve just made ~$2,500. Whoever came up with this trading card thing must be the golden goose over there (I assume it was Gabe). 

Overall, I've noticed that trading cards for really popular games sell for between $0.05 and $0.15 usually. Other games you'd expect less people to play push $0.20-$0.40. Agarest: Generations of War is an example of this. In fact, the backgrounds for this game go for $2-$3 usually. Probably because people want them and they are rare, which I think because most backgrounds for most games sell for $0.03 (effectively $0.01 since Valve & the dev get $0.01 each too).

Edit: Also, I know I've said it a bit already, but Archon: Classic is an awesome LAN party type game. It has a campaign too, so singleplayer fun can be had. It supports controllers very well. My nephew, my friend from high school, and I all played a 3 way FFA then did a 4 player (one CPU opponent) team battle. It was epic. 

And I recommend One Way Heroics for anyone who enjoys 8-bit RPGs with a bit of difficulty. 

Those are the 2 best dollars I've spent all sale so far. I haven't had time to play anything else I've bought sadly. That might change once I do, but I've gotten enough enjoyment out of them so far that I'd say I'd buy them if they were over $5. $10 would be pushing it, but still, they are really fun.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

lego games anyone lol? R they fun for the PC??

Its all looks these days