STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

Anyone else getting pauses while downloading games? I keep going from my max bandwidth down to 0 for like a minute then back up

lol wait like 2 hours till everyone is off the site :)

Its all looks these days

What games is everyone waiting to be on sale?? These are games Ill get :) Any other recommends???

Assassins creed all of em

Arma 3

Day Z

Watchdogs

Far cry 3 bought lol

Call of Duty sales

The last of us

Crysis for when I get a new cpu :)

Maybe dishonored

Its all looks these days

Is fc2 any good??? I might just buy fc3 for 8$ I probs wont ply the others

Personally I didn't like Far Cry 2. It is very very repetitive.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/510-Far-Cry-2

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

OK, i have 25$ to spend over the whole 2 weeks. SHould i get anything thats for sale now?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

DisplayFusion is also for sale, most likely going to pick that up

Eh just so people know I would recommend checking this site as it shows Steam games on sale for the Summer Sale that are not showing up when I search in Steam application on pc. http://steamdb.info/sales/

This is gold. If only Steam could understand that this is the type of UI we want. 

>Games only

>Sort by % discounted

>Only buying 85%+ discounted games.

Deep Black: Reloaded looks cool.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

OK, i have 25$ to spend over the whole 2 weeks. SHould i get anything thats for sale now?

Ok, Just put my money in.

Should I get anything now? I like FPS games, flying, racing, and havent realy tried others. I have 25$ for entire 2 weeks. Anything i should get? i dont have like any games now

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ok, Just put my money in.

Should I get anything now? I like FPS games, flying, racing, and havent realy tried others. I have 25$ for entire 2 weeks. Anything i should get? i dont have like any games now

Bide your time, keep an eye on the daily deals each day and see if anything tickles your fancy, also keep an eye on the top sellers to see what's popular as normally the good stuff rises to the top.

The best deals of the sale normally have an encore on the last day too, plus there are flash sales for next 2 weeks!

Bide your time, keep an eye on the daily deals each day and see if anything tickles your fancy, also keep an eye on the top sellers to see what's popular as normally the good stuff rises to the top.

The best deals of the sale normally have an encore on the last day too, plus there are flash sales for next 2 weeks!

There are too many deals in the big list tho.

Glad do see people are recommending it, I just bought it because I thought it looked neat. Graphics look amazing

Not only that, but it has a great story that 2/3 of is different depending on a choice you make quite early on, it has very high replay but for a second playthrough after you've finished it once.

I bought Mirror's Edge.  Good choice guys?  Anyone here play it?

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Is Hotline Miami worth getting for £1.04 / $1.49?

Yes!

I don't get paid til two weeks...WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! *shoots self*

But bro that's the last day of the sale where all the good deals get an encore!

30€ for DmC3, DmC4, DmC: Devil May Cry, Far Cry 3, They bleed pixels, The witcher and The Witcher 2. Not too bad.

I'm still waiting for Valdis story, Shadow Warrior, One finger death punch, 10 second ninja, Tower of guns, The last federation, Ascendant, Lifeless Planet, A Wizards Lizard, Metro 2033, Metro last light, Hitman Absolution, Sleeping Dogs, Transistor, Deus Ex: Human revolution, VVVVVV and Alice: madness returns.

I'm pretty sure that I will get all of that for <100€ total.

Do you think watchdogs will go for sale?

30€ for DmC3, DmC4, DmC: Devil May Cry, Far Cry 3, They bleed pixels, The witcher and The Witcher 2. Not too bad.

I'm still waiting for Valdis story, Shadow Warrior, One finger death punch, 10 second ninja, Tower of guns, The last federation, Ascendant, Lifeless Planet, A Wizards Lizard, Metro 2033, Metro last light, Hitman Absolution, Sleeping Dogs, Transistor, Deus Ex: Human revolution, VVVVVV and Alice: madness returns.

Duece ex is here

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238010/

But bro that's the last day of the sale where all the good deals get an encore!

The sale lasts for two weeks, wow didn't know that.

Do you think watchdogs will go for sale?

Nah, oh hey btw the way don't pirate it, a lot of the torrents have miners in them.

Bought:

Transistor

Audiosurf 2

Age of Empires 3: Complete Collection

The Last Federation

Papers Please

Wolfenstein: The New Order

If you don't already own metro games I'd recommend getting the redux versions, as they have some touch ups and include all the DLC.

If you'd rather save cash and grab at least the original release of one of them especially if on sale, I'd take 2033 redux and original Last Light because 2033 stands to have the most improvements to it in the redux pack.

Nah, oh hey btw the way don't pirate it, a lot of the torrents have miners in them.

No, the infected ones are all removed from TPB now and have been pretty much since launch.

Bought:

Transistor

Audiosurf 2

Age of Empires 3: Complete Collection

The Last Federation

Papers Please

Wolfenstein: The New Order

A fine selection of games there, AOE3 is one of my favourites, Transistor is an awesome experience with its top quality soundtrack, and wolfenstein is pretty good too, that happens to be the game I'm playing right now.

I have papers please but have not played it yet.