STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

Pro Tip: don't mix alcohol and SSS :unsure:

Oh man, i graduated wednesday came home drunk, checked steam and yea... You can guess what happened next :P

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

lego games anyone lol? R they fun for the PC??

I have lego batman and lego marvel heroes and you know what? Yes they are fun platformers I'm not gonna lie I enjoyed them.

I thought they looked toilet, but I took a chance and had fun.

Overall, I've noticed that trading cards for really popular games sell for between $0.05 and $0.15 usually. Other games you'd expect less people to play push $0.20-$0.40. Agarest: Generations of War is an example of this. In fact, the backgrounds for this game go for $2-$3 usually. Probably because people want them and they are rare, which I think because most backgrounds for most games sell for $0.03 (effectively $0.01 since Valve & the dev get $0.01 each too).

It's strange how trading cards are worth more than the reward you get if you complete them. There would be almost no point in completing them A) If people weren't so completionist and B) If they weren't the only way of actually levelling up your Steam Level.

Trading Cards don't go below $0,10 for some reason. Even Half-Life 2, a game I assume everybody in the universe have has its trading cards go for +0,10.

Speaking of trading cards, it seems they have updated the design of the market for them to match the Steam Adventure Cards's one, its much easier now.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I have lego batman and lego marvel heroes and you know what? Yes they are fun platformers I'm not gonna lie I enjoyed them.

I thought they looked toilet, but I took a chance and had fun.

Are they good pc games or more xbox 360 titles?

Its all looks these days

It's strange how trading cards are worth more than the reward you get if you complete them. There would be almost no point in completing them A) If people weren't so completionist and B) If they weren't the only way of actually levelling up your Steam Level.

Trading Cards don't go below $0,10 for some reason. Even Half-Life 2, a game I assume everybody in the universe have has its trading cards go for +0,10.

Speaking of trading cards, it seems they have updated the design of the market for them to match the Steam Adventure Cards's one, its much easier now.

That's just it. It's gambling basically. Because you get items that, if very rare, could be very valuable. For example, I bought each of the Agarest cards ($0.30 each roughly), which cost about $3.00 overall. I got a background when I crafted the badge that was worth $3.00, so I broke even. Except I didn't. I got free XP, an emote, and a SSS Adventure trading card too. So yeah. It just depends. 

There are items on steam that sell for over $30. If you get very lucky, you can get it. So yeah, it's because they are completionist, but there is potential to break even or even make money/get free games (because you won something worth enough money to buy a game).

Well, no. I have had several cards sell for $0.04-$0.09. They are never $0.03 (minimum value) though. 

Yep. I love it. Now I can mass-buy cards for maxing out the badges I actually care about having. To the Moon was one of them for example.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Are they good pc games or more xbox 360 titles?

They are ports, I play on PC with a 360 controller.

They were on 360 first I think, they are more 360 titles but run well on PC, good ports.

Just picked up a copy of display fusion. Works very well for people with multiple monitors.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

They are ports, I play on PC with a 360 controller.

They were on 360 first I think, they are more 360 titles but run well on PC, good ports.

Graphics better???

Its all looks these days

Just picked up a copy of display fusion. Works very well for people with multiple monitors.

Yes it does, I've been using it ever since LTT posted that video with Slick going over some of the features.

just a little side note......if anyone on this forum has NOT played the bioshock series and want a game with a story i highly suggest to get the triple pack. It is in my top 3 best franchises. 

also is xcom worth it?

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Divinity: Original Sin is a must buy for anyone who likes RPG games, especially ones based on D&D ruleset

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

Civilization 5 worth getting? 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Civilization 5 worth getting? 

If you are into that kind of strategy I believe it's the best there is.

also is xcom worth it?

Watch youtube gameplay then decide, if you pick one though Enemy Unknown is said to be the better of the two recent ones.

If you are into that kind of strategy I believe it's the best there is.

I'll give it a try, I purchased the regular version.... I should of bought the full edition for 16 bucks. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

I'll give it a try, I purchased the regular version.... I should of bought the full edition for 16 bucks. 

It's a gamble on a fresh game, if you love the game you'll wish you had got the full edition, if you don't then you'll be glad you left it.

It's a gamble on a fresh game, if you love the game you'll wish you had got the full edition, if you don't then you'll be glad you left it.

True, is it similar to age of empires? 

True, is it similar to age of empires? 

No.

No.

Thanks, good thing I bought the regular version then. 

Is csgo worth getting for 7.50?

I got a friend pushing me to buy it since I'm rather skilled with FPS but I told him no until it's selling for $5 lol

Tempted to just buy it at $7.50 cuz I don't see it being cheaper anytime soon, should I?

Is csgo worth getting for 7.50?

I got a friend pushing me to buy it since I'm rather skilled with FPS but I told him no until it's selling for $5 lol

Tempted to just buy it at $7.50 cuz I don't see it being cheaper anytime soon, should I?

It used to be $3.75 on sale all the time but because of hackers they bumped up the sale price. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

It used to be $3.75 on sale all the time but because of hackers they bumped up the sale price.

It's populated with hackers..? Sounds very unappealing now

I was thinking about getting display fusion as well because Windows handles multiple monitors so poorly..... In the end I made a ridiculous pixel perfect template so I can change wallpapers quickly.