STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

Watchdogs. Hmm

Im tempted to buy it

i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz | Stock Cooler :/ | ECS Gank Machine Z87H3-A2X EXTREME | Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 960 100th ME 2GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Seasonic m12ii evo 750W | Razer Modded Phantom 410

For ME games; I don't think those games have native support. But using controllers is entirely possible, still. I played AC1 with a controller though, so I know it supports it.

Ascred games all have native support for 360 controllers, none of the ME games do, you have to use a 3rd party app like Xpadder to make a controller profile so it's not impossible to use one with ME games it's just a pain in the ass and doesn't work as well as native support like on xbox 360 for instance.

Alright, thanks guys. Maybe if the AC Franchise Pack goes to 75% I'll snag it then. I still like to kick back with a controller and play sometimes

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

I'm predicting Payday 2 to sell pretty well today.

I might grab the AOE II pack seeing as it now has updated AI, I've been avoiding it since TB said on launch that it's basically AOE II but smaller, however now if there are other improvements and it is so ridiculously cheap then a purchase may have to be made seeing as it was pretty much the no1 game of my childhood and most likely absorbed 1000s of hours of my time.

Hmm, Transistor is on sale. It's on my wishlist, but I'm pretty sure I can wait for a really good deal next year or so. Argh! Now it's getting harder to decide on certain games......

My list is now: Valdis Story, A wizard's lizard, Viktor, Ascendant, Transistor, Divinity: dragon commander, shovel knight, always sometimes monsters, beyond good and evil, enslaved and VVVVVV. Hmm, I'll probably have to get rid of one or two games that aren't on sale right now and one or two of the more expensive games...... I'll just pray to GabeN for better discounts on everything.

Hmm, Transistor is on sale. It's on my wishlist, but I'm pretty sure I can wait for a really good deal next year or so. Argh! Now it's getting harder to decide on certain games......

My list is now: Valdis Story, A wizard's lizard, Viktor, Ascendant, Transistor, Divinity: dragon commander, shovel knight, always sometimes monsters, beyond good and evil, enslaved and VVVVVV. Hmm, I'll probably have to get rid of one or two games that aren't on sale right now and one or two of the more expensive games...... I'll just pray to GabeN for better discounts on everything.

Transistor is a fine game.

Transistor is a fine game.

I know, but it's a game that I can wait for. It's pretty new and I know that I won't play it immediately, so I might as well wait for the next sale. I hope that makes sense.

I know, but it's a game that I can wait for. It's pretty new and I know that I won't play it immediately, so I might as well wait for the next sale. I hope that makes sense.

Yeah it does, it is an easy to wait for game.

Day 9 in the forum title caught my eye.. ;)

image.jpeg

Who is that?

GO TAMPON TEAM!!!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

-snip-

Not what I'm talking about. That is managing your downloads locally through the Steam program. You can manage your downloads remotely through the Steam website if you go to your games. It will show which PC you are looking at and which games are installed, downloading, and not installed, and how far along the downloads are. However, it won't let you decide where to install the games you tell it to install remotely.

So say my PC is at home. I'm at work. I'm logged into Steam's website (since I can't have Steam's application on my PC at work). I go to my games on the website. I tell it to remotely install Payday: The Heist to my PC at home. It will just do it to your C by default (or wherever the Steam application is installed). It won't let you choose another drive.

That's what I'm talking about. It's cool that they let you do that, but I would expect Valve to consider such an option, which is why it irritates me.

*haven't seen Day 9 sales yet otherwise I'd comment on them*

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Thought I would add my 2 cents regarding AC.  Having played them all on Xbox360 not pc, I think I liked Brotherhood the best for sheer playing enjoyment.  The ability to beyond the storyline just go out and have fun with killing in interesting ways was a lot of fun and i think they hit their stride in Ezio's control abilities.  Broomstick beatdown anyone?

AC1 was interesting but felt more like cut scene - play for a minute - cut scene.  The flow seemed a bit stilted.  Good story though.  

ACII was where I originally started and learned the game.  It was a great game and had a great story as well. I thought Revelations was way too short and I kind of felt cheated after paying the Xbox price for the game.  With AC3, I thought they lost their way for sure.  Adding the grinding of mobs for mats like an mmo was a big mistake.  Dare I mention the terrible animal fighting play?  

Black Flag was a refreshing return to a lot of the gameplay that I originally enjoyed with this series.  I was initially wary of the emphasis on ship fighting.  After playing through most all of the game I really began to enjoy the sea battles and found myself on the high seas most of the time.  I liked the characters and enjoyed the story.  I must say, I still miss Ezio.  He was a boss.

I would definitely recommend the series to anyone and would suggest you play from the beginning to get the story.  Would be nice to see them offer a nice discount package for the whole lot.

Edited by Flaming Brain

With Liberation, I thought they lost their way for sure.  Adding the grinding of mobs for mats like an mmo was a big mistake.  Dare I mention the terrible animal fighting play?  

Do you mean Assassin's Creed 3? Liberation was ported from PSP recently, but to my knowledge it doesn't have all the frontier/animal bullshit that AC3 has. (Seriously, all that running through the snow on the frontier in AC3 made me want to punch a hole in my screen...)

Do you mean Assassin's Creed 3? Liberation was ported from PSP recently, but to my knowledge it doesn't have all the frontier/animal bullshit that AC3 has. (Seriously, all that running through the snow on the frontier in AC3 made me want to punch a hole in my screen...)

AC3 has a silly amount of running in it, I agree there.

Yep your right.  It is 3.  I hate their naming scheme...

AC3 has a silly amount of running in it, I agree there.

You bet, you feel like Forest Gump the Assassin!

nom asseto corsa, for my g27 @ bday

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

snip

Ok now I understand what you are saying, sorry for the confusion.

I have only used the remote install once or twice from the Android app and found it to be unreliable, sorry to bring up my internet speed again but because it is fast enough I am cool to just wait to download the game at home because to download a 10GB game will take just over 10 minutes. :ph34r:

RED TEAM IS LOVE. RED TEAM IS LIFE.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

Did Red Team seriously win again? :o

@Askew

what Steam theme are you using? That looks nice. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Omg so happy age of mythology went on sale. I didnt think of that game at all till now and it brings back so many good memories!! Instabuy!

Also bought dishonored & the bioshock triple pack

Still hoping for DmC to go on a 75% sale :$!!!

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

Thank you Askew. I'm now using it! :D

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |