How many radiators are enough

I am going to build a PC around fx-8350 and two Hd7870's.

I am going to cool the CPU, GPU, Vrm of my motherboard, northbridge and four sticks of ram.

I was thinking to put two120X30mm radiators, A 92X60mm radiator, A 140X30mm radiator.

Will be using two pumps and two reservoirs in series.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Rally you do not need RAM or MoBo cooling,because it is waste of your money.

And for CPU and GPU:s do not need more than these two 120 and one 140 RAD:s.

Rally you do not need RAM or MoBo cooling,because it is waste of your money.

And for CPU and GPU:s do not need more than these two 120 and one 140 RAD:s.

i beg to differ.

"A: There is a general "rule of thumb" many use to help decide this. Typically you need 120x120mm of radiator surface for each waterblock (CPU, GPU, etc.) in your system, plus an additional 120x120mm for headroom. This assumes "typical" components and standard running operations. When using something like a dual GPU card like a NVidia 690, remember, although you would only have one waterblock, you have the heat of two GPU's. Overclocking the CPU some? Consider additional radiator space to compensate. In the end, if you have the minimum covered by the formula, with good quality fans, you will be covered.

The more radiator coverage you add though after a certain point will not continue to bring temps down. You get to a point of diminished return on more radiator surface. However, more radiators do have another major benefit. You can run all the fans on your rads at slower speeds because of the extra radiator coverage, which in turn means a much quieter system."

directly from the Q&A thread. and no offense but i will believe ghost before i believe any one else. the man knows his stuff

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

Hmm..have a look at some of the build logs as well..to get an idea of the scope of your project versus what other people have done..and how they have accomplished their builds..

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

Vrm of my motherboard, northbridge and four sticks of ram.

all of these are kinda useless  

Vrm of my motherboard, northbridge and four sticks of ram.

all of these are kinda useless  

not on AMD overclocks.. the VRM are pretty warm and when you remove the CPU fan,

they lose their ability to cool and poof... similarly, but not quite as much for the NB/SB, but

depending on how overclocked it goes all the cooling is needed. RAM is window dressing.

period.

what case is this all fitting into? since you included a 92mm radiator this must either be a

TJ07 or older chassis. pass on the 92mm radiator as the fans are stupidly loud and not

well-performing temperature-wise.

why do you think you need a dual loop? (2 reservoirs)

dual pumps is nice, but unnecessary. if its a 24/7 build, then yes.

radiators needed would be a 360x 60mm and 240x 60mm to keep cooling temperature

performance and the fans on low speed for less noise-level. if not CFX, then the single

360x 60 would be enough. thin radiators can be used, but you'll have to have the fan

speeds annoyingly high to make-up for the higher temperatures. going by your location,

heat is a pretty big factor.. you picked the hottest CPU to cool and moderate GPU.

what make are the GPU? have you found full-coverage water blocks for them yet?

airdeano

I presently own a 1090t and a couple of HD5770's My temps are very high. I have a old case. that does not allow me to put more then a h60. I will be modding my case completely(It also do not a front intake fan). I will be buying all these items and watercool them. 

The most can I do is to swap a 120mm rad with a 140mm and in place of 140X30mm rad opt for a 140X45mm rad.

not on AMD overclocks.. the VRM are pretty warm and when you remove the CPU fan,

Yes my Vrm's are hot.

what case is this all fitting into? since you included a 92mm radiator this must either be a

TJ07 or older chassis. pass on the 92mm radiator as the fans are stupidly loud and not

well-performing temperature-wise.

My case will be a custom one. i want a compact PC and my case supports full-ATX boards and is pretty small.

why do you think you need a dual loop? (2 reservoirs)

dual pumps is nice, but unnecessary. if its a 24/7 build, then yes.

Yes it will be 24/7 build.

radiators needed would be a 360x 60mm and 240x 60mm to keep cooling temperature

performance and the fans on low speed for less noise-level. if not CFX, then the single

360x 60 would be enough. thin radiators can be used, but you'll have to have the fan

speeds annoyingly high to make-up for the higher temperatures. going by your location,

heat is a pretty big factor.. you picked the hottest CPU to cool and moderate GPU.

what make are the GPU? have you found full-coverage water blocks for them yet?

mine is a msi twin frozr 2 fits with 

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16422/ex-blc-1165/EK_Radeon_7870_GTX_VGA_Liquid_Cooling_Block_-_Nickel_Acetal_CSQ_EK-FC7870_-_Nickel_Acetal.html?tl=g30c309s1705

It is full coverage water block. I am also gona buy a back plate for it.

For the vrm's

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8289/koo-153/Koolance_MVR-100_Motherboard_Voltage_Regulator_Block_No_Fittings.html?tl=g30c89

My cpu block

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14366/ex-blc-1001/Swiftech_Apogee_HD_High_Performance_4-Port_CPU_Waterblock_-_White_-_Intel_w_LGA_2011_Hardware_AMD_Ready_Apogee-HD-WT.html?tl=g30c325s842

Chipset block

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6580/ex-blc-368/Enzotech_Sapphire_Series_SNBW-REVA_Extreme_Performance_Northbridge_Liquid_Cooling_Block_-_12_ID_Native.html?tl=g30c89#blank

if you have any sort of overclock, you need radiator capacity. and with CFX

you need even more.

tbh, i'd be looking for a case that would handle the hardware and radiators.

if not, you'll be running into thermal issues and loud fans. the case just isn't

radiator friendly and you need radiator capacity.

single fan radiators are not system kits. for a CPU or GPU loop maybe ok, not

in series or parallel just not feasible.

airdeano

Thanks to all for the replies.

Will add another 120X30mm and a 140X30mm rads.