What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia

Mostly there users. They are usually ignorant and just buy the phones / laptops because they look good, and they're overpriced for what they do, so it makes me sad :(

Mostly there users. They are usually ignorant and just buy the phones / laptops because they look good, and they're overpriced for what they do, so it makes me sad :(

And it's childish comments like this that piss off everyone.

I'm ignorant? My father is ignorant? Shit, lets just call their entire user base ignorant while we're at it.

Get used to the fact that people pay for convenience. That's what Apple largely is. You're paying for after sales support that no one else can touch. You're paying for badge snobbery.

A Ford Focus can do everything a Mercedes CLA can, but it isn't a Mercedes. That's all apple is. They might not have more performance, they do have more quality. They tend to better built. They tend to give you a little more in the long run. That's all.

Let's call all Mercedes buyers ignorant too, they could've just bought Ford equivalents to do the same things , couldn't they?

If people buying what makes them happy makes you sad, you've got bigger problems to deal with kid. Grow up, gain some perspective.

I like soldered on RAM, so when I rage quite minecraft and throw my macbook out the window at least the RAM is still attached to the main board.
but seriously.

I have watched a few Apple keynotes and I have heard Tim and I think even Steve say something along the lines of Apple cares about music. This annoys me a little as FLAC support isn't native and they more or less abonaded the iPod classic which is what people that have a large library's or just want music and none of the other stuff the iPod touch offers. I would like a replacement for my 160Gb iPod classic. Flash storage, FLac(just more support in others as well) better battery life and better DAC. happy to pay $500 or more for that. Market that as a semi-enthusiast music device

The iPod touch is a pretty decent device, I had to buy one just so I can use my drone and to my surprise I use it more for streaming radio as it is so portable and has enough volume for when I need to do stuff around the house.
The camera isn't half bad either.
The MBPR is a slick machine too. Anybody that puts SSD's into laptops/notebooks is alright in my book. Nice screen too.

PC= Personal Computer. If you buy a MacBook Pro, That's your personal computer. I think this divide stated from some clever marketing.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

a lot of the time people that hate apple is because they are windows or android fan boys, they just assume that everything they make is bad without a fair trial, sure i am not a fan of apple products but having had an iphone for 2 years and disliking it and getting a macbook from my university and not being the biggest fan of it i use it and its nice for my uni work because i cant really get distracted by my games on it, i love the hardware its so beautiful and has a great display runs smoothly and looks nice, however i would never pay for one out of my own pocket. Different strokes for different folks but i believe that anybody who hasn't used or tried something they shouldn't slam it, its fair enough to say i dont like being tied into it or dont llke aspects of it, however do not hate on the product because its not for you and dont hate on people that buy the products because they are happy and maybe dont like what you use.

I would be fine about everything, except the OS.  First thing I did on mine was install Win 8

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/176532-the-macbook-pro-is-actually-not-overpriced/

I still don't see how people continuously say macbook are overpriced. Maybe they were several years back, but they aren't overpriced for sure at the moment

Maybe... Just maybe, all the laptops you compared the Macbooks to are overpriced as well? Maybe buying a laptop for 2000+ dollars is not exactly a good idea since they won't be that good anyway (compared to a desktop), they get outdated quickly and usually gets smashed up pretty badly?

You have a lot of bullshit in your chart as well, such as "designed for professional work and developers" and "designed for gamers". It's like reading a marketing pamphlet.

Please explain how the Macbook and Blade are specially designed for those things.

The fact that most people go, "WOW it's so pretty, It's the best"

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Maybe... Just maybe, all the laptops you compared the Macbooks to are overpriced as well? Maybe buying a laptop for 2000+ dollars is not exactly a good idea since they won't be that good anyway (compared to a desktop), they get outdated quickly and usually gets smashed up pretty badly?

You have a lot of bullshit in your chart as well, such as "designed for professional work and developers" and "designed for gamers". It's like reading a marketing pamphlet.

Please explain how the Macbook and Blade are specially designed for those things.

Okay I guess my wording is bad. I should say "meant" instead of "designed". Because who buys a Blade for developer work, they use it to game because of the kickass graphics card. People buy Macs for professional work and developers (#swift). Im no "professional" , but I know there are software for OS X that is great for professional work. And for developers, you will be needing a mac for iOS development or if u want to learn Swift, etc. Also, if u want to do other kinds of platforms, u can install a Linux distro or Windows. There are other reasons why its good for developers, but im not exactly the most hardcore dev. A hackathon person could probably tell u why its great for developers, like seriously, 99% of hackers at a hackathon use macbooks.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

The fact that most people go, "WOW it's so pretty, It's the best"

Stupid people make the resale value go up for the smart people. We make money, they lose money. Woot.

like seriously, 99% of hackers at a hackathon use macbooks.

Actually true hackers, "not crackers", use a Linux distribution of some sort to hack, specifically " Linux Backtrack " and " Kali Linux " are the most known OS's for hackers to use, not mac OSX.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

The pips

My PC rig: I7-4790, Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87, EVGA GTX 780 SC ATX 6GB, Thermaltake Urban S31 Case with Window, Corsair RM 850, Samsung Evo 120gb SSD, 5TB HDD, Kingston Hyper 1866 8GB RAM

Maybe, just maybe, an expensive laptop is often more durable than your average cheap plastic-ey laptop? The macbook air is one of the most durable laptops I've ever used, the unibody aluminum chassis is great and its very rigid and durable ;)

We've also got a pretty old macbook in the office that we use for testing, and abuse it all the time (think its from 2007), still in great condition. Nothing wrong with paying for good build quality.

Raw specs aren't the only thing to consider when buying a laptop, build quality, battery life, touchpad quality, keyboard quality, screen quality etc... are all very important. How important each of these is depends on the needs of the individual buying the laptop.

Okay I guess my wording is bad. I should say "meant" instead of "designed". Because who buys a Blade for developer work, they use it to game because of the kickass graphics card. People buy Macs for professional work and developers (#swift). Im no "professional" , but I know there are software for OS X that is great for professional work. And for developers, you will be needing a mac for iOS development or if u want to learn Swift, etc. Also, if u want to do other kinds of platforms, u can install a Linux distro or Windows. There are other reasons why its good for developers, but im not exactly the most hardcore dev. A hackathon person could probably tell u why its great for developers, like seriously, 99% of hackers at a hackathon use macbooks.

I honestly can't follow your train of thought here. So you're saying the Blade is "designed for gaming" because it has a powerful GPU? Alright I can kind of buy that. How is the Mac "designed for professional work and developers" though? The gaming aspect I can kind of get because it has hardware that is good for gaming and is typically not found in laptops in it. "professional work and developers" are extremely vague terms though, and I don't understand how something can be specially designed for it. If it had a Quadro in it like some Thinkpads then I could kind of get your reasoning, but it just has regular hardware you find in most other laptops.

Swift sucks balls by the way. It's slower than Python (in some situations) for crying out loud. Even if you ignore the awful performance, you still have to remember that it's a programming language that only works on one platform.

That kind of propitiatory crap is what we should stay as far away as possible from. Even C# is cross-platform (albeit only because of Mono).

Yes there is software on OS X that is great for professional work. The same can be said for Windows though so you need to elaborate on that. Give examples and why they are better than the alternative of other platforms.

The hackathon argument is just argumentum ad populum.

Maybe, just maybe, an expensive laptop is often more durable than your average cheap plastic-ey laptop? The macbook air is one of the most durable laptops I've ever used, the unibody aluminum chassis is great and its very rigid and durable ;)

If you think the Macbook Air is durable (gets dented fairly easily, get stained and scratches easily etc) then you haven't seen a properly durable laptop, like a Thinkpad.

Raw specs aren't the only thing to consider when buying a laptop, build quality, battery life, touchpad quality, keyboard quality, screen quality etc... are all very important. How important each of these is depends on the needs of the individual buying the laptop.

Well those things could be classified as "raw specs" but whatever.

What I don't get though is why you would pay thousands of dollars extra for that. A lot of people with Macbooks claims that they use it for "professional work" or something along those lines. The thing is, if you're going to sit down and do serious work then you will probably be close to a wall socket (reduces the need for good battery life). No matter how good a touch pad is, it still won't be as good as a mouse (just throw a mouse with you in your bag). This might be me having high standards but I hate the keyboard on the Macbook, and all other laptops as well for that matter. They are awful. Choosing between a laptop with a bad keyboard and a laptop with one of the best keyboards is like picking between HIV and AIDS if you ask me. If I am going to do serious work then I want a good keyboard. Even a really cheap desktop keyboard feels far better in my opinion.

The screen quality argument kind of becomes null and void when you take "professional work" into consideration as well. No matter how good the screen is, it's still pretty damn small. You want more space.

So for "professional work" I'd argue that those things do not matter.

For general laptop stuff (web browsing and such) then those things are nice, but not something I'd be willing to spend thousands of dollars extra to get.

I know some people are, but I think those people are wasting money. Some people in my classes has Macbooks, and they use them for note taking and web browsing, and that's pretty much it. Good job. You bought a 2000 dollar notepad and Facebook machine.

I honestly can't follow your train of thought here. So you're saying the Blade is "designed for gaming" because it has a powerful GPU? Alright I can kind of buy that. How is the Mac "designed for professional work and developers" though? The gaming aspect I can kind of get because it has hardware that is good for gaming and is typically not found in laptops in it. "professional work and developers" are extremely vague terms though, and I don't understand how something can be specially designed for it. If it had a Quadro in it like some Thinkpads then I could kind of get your reasoning, but it just has regular hardware you find in most other laptops.

Swift sucks balls by the way. It's slower than Python (in some situations) for crying out loud. Even if you ignore the awful performance, you still have to remember that it's a programming language that only works on one platform.

That kind of propitiatory crap is what we should stay as far away as possible from. Even C# is cross-platform (albeit only because of Mono).

Yes there is software on OS X that is great for professional work. The same can be said for Windows though so you need to elaborate on that. Give examples and why they are better than the alternative of other platforms.

If you think the Macbook Air is durable (gets dented fairly easily, get stained and scratches easily etc) then you haven't seen a properly durable laptop, like a Thinkpad.

What I don't get though is why you would pay thousands of dollars extra for that. A lot of people with Macbooks claims that they use it for "professional work" or something along those lines. The thing is, if you're going to sit down and do serious work then you will probably be close to a wall socket (reduces the need for good battery life). No matter how good a touch pad is, it still won't be as good as a mouse (just throw a mouse with you in your bag). This might be me having high standards but I hate the keyboard on the Macbook, and all other laptops as well for that matter. They are awful. Choosing between a laptop with a bad keyboard and a laptop with one of the best keyboards is like picking between HIV and AIDS if you ask me. If I am going to do serious work then I want a good keyboard. Even a really cheap desktop keyboard feels far better in my opinion.

The screen quality argument kind of becomes null and void when you take "professional work" into consideration as well. No matter how good the screen is, it's still pretty damn small. You want more space.

For general laptop stuff (web browsing and such) then those things are nice, but not something I'd be willing to spend thousands of dollars extra to get.

I know some people are, but I think those people are wasting money. Some people in my classes has Macbooks, and they use them for note taking and web browsing, and that's pretty much it. Good job. You bought a 2000 dollar notepad and Facebook machine.

I added a note at the bottom of my chart that shows why it's designed for developers. For professional work, we'll, I'm no professional but I can ask some

Charge more for same hardware.

I do not like osx.

Mac fanboys are annoying. (From a PC Fanboy)

mac-vs-pc.jpg

I'm no mac fanboy. I don't even own many apple products, just PCs.

Show me a comparison between a rMBP and a cheaper Windows machine alternative with "same hardware"

I can't eat its  <_< . even after someone already take a bite of its. 

Im SORRY for:-1. My Broken English. 2. "if" posting wrong section. 3. "if" my replay hurt someone. 4. "if" posting already posted before

Because im new to active forum >.< (bow) please kindly guide me thanks

Charge more for same hardware.

I do not like osx.

Mac fanboys are annoying. (From a PC Fanboy)

mac-vs-pc.jpg

Bullshit  :rolleyes: You're forgetting about the fact that you don't have to pay another 100$ for the OS.

PC fanboys are annoying aswell. They don't charge more, or not much more

Personally I don't hate Apple and I think that their style of hardware are "unique" and quite cool looking.

Like most of the people said that their products may cost a little bit more than what you usually see in the shops.

And I really wanted to point this out, even if it doesn't cost so much compared to other products in your country that's okay.

But for example, If you live in the 5th most expensive European country you'll know what they meant about the price.

To tell the truth I would maybe buy an Iphone. when they are on sale, but otherwise no chance.

( I am not an Apple fan and I don't own any apple products, the reason why I use Windows it's because I am the most familiar with it)

+ I respect cool designed products.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

Scratches are just cosmetic, the unibody chassis *is* pretty durable and not easy to break like cheap plastic hinges etc...

"Apple are overpriced!:

Are they? While you might see specs being the thing that costs the most in a system, I see rock solid stability, ease of use and exceptional design of the operating system itself justifying the cost."

I see that in Apple AND other much cheaper devices. And IOS and OSX just aren't open enough for me.

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

I am a firm believe that Apple isn’t as bad as the public set them out to be. I understand why people would think their products are over-priced, however I feel as though they are misinformed on the reasoning behind it. For example, I have a friend who has gone through a series of Windows laptops and I have a friend who has had one laptop, a first generation MacBook Pro. This justifies many things, but I will emphasize one thing as it’s something I respect quite a lot and is a massive factor when buying technology – build quality. I see people here disregarding build quality and are saying the main thing is the hardware you’re paying for. If that’s logical, please look at my example and tell me who spent less money?

• Besides, spec for spec they aren’t overpriced anywas if you actually compare it to other competitive laptops out there.

About the OS...

I have been using Windows since forever and I found it safe to say that Windows was the best OS out there. About 2 years ago when my Windows laptop died, I contacted my insurance and there was only an Apple replacement. I was doubtful, after disliking my friends MacBooks when I used it and disliking my relative’s iMac and overall didn’t know if it was suitable for me. Anyways, I started using it for university/productivity when out and began to really like it, regardless of my Windows activism and love.

• I currently use a Windows PC as my daily driver at home and a MacBook Pro as I said earlier for when I’m out.
  • I now prefer Mac OS however a big factor stopping me from using it on my PC is that it’s simply not open enough for me. I don’t like using virtual OS’s to run unsupported software.
  • I just like everything that much more about Mac OS now, regardless of using/loving Windows in the past.
  • People don’t like the OS, just like myself at first. I gave it a try and subconsciously didn’t give it enough of a chance to justify itself. After being forced to use it though, it then began to reveal its true efficiency and worthiness.
  • Just like I stated earlier, I do like it due to its build quality/robustness too.

I think they arent overpriced IF you use them for work, or if you really need that power. If not, get a normal PC