What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia

for iPhone it is small and it doesn't improve anything over generations. iOS is terrible compared to android and iPhone is a brand which means you pay a lot more for something that you can get cheaper. I hate Apple phones.

Sorry to say this but you are not the target demographic for the iphone. iphones are not to for tech saby people and thinkers. 

For bashing features of other operating systems only to add a similar feature to their operating systems several months later

game compatiblity is bad for most games not all just most overpriced for spec to spec even against a prebuilt pc thats the only reason i will never buy a mac if they make games more alloud on macs theres still the case where you wont be able to add wat u want to ur system like every piece of hardware that goes in your system like you can a pc only reason i dont like apple

I dont hate apple. Well, i kind of do.
The thing i don't like about the company, is everything is proprietary.
The thing i ~most~ dont like about their OS... Is the inability to click on an item in the dock when it is open, and have it minimize.
Then there is the whole "oh you hit the red close button? lol, you have to right click on it and quit it to actually close it, sorry" BS.

Don't get me wrong, i actually own an Imac.
It was given to me. What do i use it for? Netflix.
If i want to get anything done, i use my pc. It is that simple. The OS is flawed, (as is windows, in its own way) to the point of default applications causing that Beachball of bullshit all the time, spaces lag when you have more than four things open at a time, The expose was a good idea, but was done horribly, and you cannot change half of the things the OS has to offer. It is terrible IMHO and i cannot stand to use it unless i am half asleep and only see the netflix UI.

Now for what i like. The touch pad gestures. The one cord design.
Err, that's all i can think of.

What do i like about Windows?? It is fast, there is simple support for multiple screens, millions of programs to do anything, the ability to entirely change the look and feel of the OS with simple UI programs, task manager actually freaking works, simple overclocking (can you overclock a mac? i have not seen anyone even attempt this), i know the OS like the back of my hand and can use keyboard shortcuts, programs, searches, and simple memory to find and change ANYTHING i want. I CAN screw the OS up if i wanted because they do not limit you to do that, and I CAN get programs to overclock within the OS, i can use multiple things at once and not run into throttling because of the sub par hardware that apple uses, and NOT have to upgrade my ram.
I can change hardware without any (or many) issues. I can work with it a thousand times faster than i can Mac OS and i have the freedom to do whatever i want.
I could go on, but i have other things to do ON MY PC because i can actually do more than one thing at a time.

I could be called a bit of a fan boy, but i used a mac, and gave it a fair shot before coming to these conclusions. I did my best not to come into the OS with a bias and i think i did an okay job. I was able to get a few things done, but not nearly as much as i could with my PC, and not nearly as fast.

Bottom line? if you want to waste a good bunch of your time waiting on a beachball to gtfo, that is fine. But i will not stand for it, and it is officially a netflix machine.
Whats funny about that? well, i am using two PC cases as a desk next to my bed, for my Mac...

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

I dont hate apple. Well, i kind of do.

The thing i don't like about the company, is everything is proprietary.

The thing i ~most~ dont like about their OS... Is the inability to click on an item in the dock when it is open, and have it minimize.

Then there is the whole "oh you hit the red close button? lol, you have to right click on it and quit it to actually close it, sorry" BS.

Don't get me wrong, i actually own an Imac.

It was given to me. What do i use it for? Netflix.

If i want to get anything done, i use my pc. It is that simple. The OS is flawed, (as is windows, in its own way) to the point of default applications causing that Beachball of bullshit all the time, spaces lag when you have more than four things open at a time, The expose was a good idea, but was done horribly, and you cannot change half of the things the OS has to offer. It is terrible IMHO and i cannot stand to use it unless i am half asleep and only see the netflix UI.

Now for what i like. The touch pad gestures. The one cord design.

Err, that's all i can think of.

What do i like about Windows?? It is fast, there is simple support for multiple screens, millions of programs to do anything, the ability to entirely change the look and feel of the OS with simple UI programs, task manager actually freaking works, simple overclocking (can you overclock a mac? i have not seen anyone even attempt this), i know the OS like the back of my hand and can use keyboard shortcuts, programs, searches, and simple memory to find and change ANYTHING i want. I CAN screw the OS up if i wanted because they do not limit you to do that, and I CAN get programs to overclock within the OS, i can use multiple things at once and not run into throttling because of the sub par hardware that apple uses, and NOT have to upgrade my ram.

I can change hardware without any (or many) issues. I can work with it a thousand times faster than i can Mac OS and i have the freedom to do whatever i want.

I could go on, but i have other things to do ON MY PC because i can actually do more than one thing at a time.

I could be called a bit of a fan boy, but i used a mac, and gave it a fair shot before coming to these conclusions. I did my best not to come into the OS with a bias and i think i did an okay job. I was able to get a few things done, but not nearly as much as i could with my PC, and not nearly as fast.

Bottom line? if you want to waste a good bunch of your time waiting on a beachball to gtfo, that is fine. But i will not stand for it, and it is officially a netflix machine.

Whats funny about that? well, i am using two PC cases as a desk next to my bed, for my Mac...

I've got a wimpy macbook air and certainly don't have to 'waste my time waiting on a beachball', That complaint is just as silly as the people that claim windows constantly BSOD's :P

I'd agree OSX's window management isn't the greatest though, its fallen behind the times there. Its not that bad once you get used to using command + q to close apps though. If you want to close multiple apps quickly, you can command tab and hit q on any apps you want to close. I have no problem getting things done in OSX, just a different workflow. The only things that really bother me are lack of an aero-snap like feature, and the stupid slow fullscreen transition animations.

I prefer windows and android but I have to say that Apple hardware looks and feels great.

Expensive. It don't always ownt the latest hardware You pay to much for the design

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I've got a wimpy macbook air and certainly don't have to 'waste my time waiting on a beachball', That complaint is just as silly as the people that claim windows constantly BSOD's :P

I'd agree OSX's window management isn't the greatest though, its fallen behind the times there. Its not that bad once you get used to using command + q to close apps though. If you want to close multiple apps quickly, you can command tab and hit q on any apps you want to close. I have no problem getting things done in OSX, just a different workflow. The only things that really bother me are lack of an aero-snap like feature, and the stupid slow fullscreen transition animations.

Mac book airs use an SSD. That would be why.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

I had a 5400RPM HDD in my macbook pro, I never had to wait either...

People only use them to use Facebook!:

Not true in the slightest. I've never seen one of these coffee-shop hipsters in my life.

I'm going to avoid the shitstorm of the other points in your topic, but would like to point out that I live in a small town in Nebraska (aka land of rednecks) and I see coffee-shop hipsters who think their macs are sooooo much better than everyone else's laptops all the time. I used to visit Colorado once a month and it was ten times worse there. I never even talk to them, I've literally on dozens of occasions walked in to get coffee and overheard mac vs PC arguments, its fairly common actually...

Ultimately I think the small (yet still existent) group of Apple users like above simply give Apple a bad name and everyone jumps on the fruity hipster hater bandwagon.

Personally I don't care, I just want peace love and happiness between us so that we can gather and war against the health nuts who say we are going to die if we don't start eating pomegranates and acai berries.

why i hate apple:

1. Fanboism

2. People that think because its apple its cool (yea now stick with a tiny screen on your iphone)

3. People think its for designers because it has 'retina' display. We have 1440p and 4k, paired with a good PC then well, you can do more than what you can in a mac.

4. Overpriced.

Your first two reasons are the same, and the 3rd just doesn't make sense, and the fourth is justifiable both ways.

I'm going to avoid the shitstorm of the other points in your topic, but would like to point out that I live in a small town in Nebraska (aka land of rednecks) and I see coffee-shop hipsters who think their macs are sooooo much better than everyone else's laptops all the time. I used to visit Colorado once a month and it was ten times worse there. I never even talk to them, I've literally on dozens of occasions walked in to get coffee and overheard mac vs PC arguments, its fairly common actually...

Ultimately I think the small (yet still existent) group of Apple users like above simply give Apple a bad name and everyone jumps on the fruity hipster hater bandwagon.

Personally I don't care, I just want peace love and happiness between us so that we can gather and war against the health nuts who say we are going to die if we don't start eating pomegranates and acai berries.

But you do have to admit those MacBooks in the coffee shops are SO much more attractive looking than the $300 plastic, smudged-up and thick PC laptops...

and windows computers benefit just as much from an ssd, my point remains the same. 

The only things that really bother me are lack of an aero-snap like feature

Better Touch Tool :P 

and windows computers benefit just as much from an ssd, my point remains the same. 

Yes, but OSX still feels--and is--faster.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Expense, expense, expense...

I went balls to the wall on my education-priced MBP ($3400) to get the 1TB of Flash storage, 16GB of RAM, GTX 750M (that actually pisses me off. It should have had an 800M series GPU in it by now), and the better processor option. My university requires any applications built for a Master's Thesis must be built on 2 or more of the most popular platforms of a given media. For me that means developing for IOS and Android, which means owning a Mac. Since my Dell Latitude E6430 is becoming bleached on the display, has poor resolution, and less screen real estate (multiple tutorial and code windows open at once so I can read and type simultaneously); I like the features the MBP Retina 15" brings to the table.

I'm hoping this lasts me 7+ years well. I will triple boot Linux and Windows 7 on it to be able to play games and browse on an OS with almost no bloatware running in the background (and do most of the programming in thank you Clang Compiler--I hate XCode), and hopefully the experience will be good.

Still, I hate Apple. Everything but their iPhones just speaks of arrogance, cynicism, and anti-programmer mentality.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

not boasting but i have had iPhones since the start with the iPhone 2g to the iPhone 5 which i swapped for a htc one. i missed my iPhone so much !! but i stuck with android and got myself a s4 after my one broke. if i had the money or the opportunity to go back to an iPhone i most definitely would but i understand that android is more open and easy to mod but meh who i don't care i just want ease of use ! Luckily last summer i started a computer science degree at uni, for that i searched for a laptop to use at uni. i looked at notebooks, ultra books and gaming laptops. But looking at them and windows 8 i just couldn't bring myself to buy one. i then reluctantly looked at MacBooks and i got a great deal on one for £800 from my mate who works in a computer shop. So i thought id give it a bash and I'm surprised to say after a year of using it i wouldn't look back. keyboard is great and with lots of programming its a joy to use for typing, yeah its not the same as my gaming keyboard but great for a laptop. its robust and when i use it i know that the apps i have will work. Its beautifully built and i love it. yeah its not very powerful but what i use it for its perfect. And the battery is also a big plus! sure gaming is just a no on it but you do know that computers are used for more than gaming haha. but it still manages to run Football manager and mine craft in those boring lectures. For more hardcore gaming I've got my gaming computer at home so meh who cares. so before anyone calls me a fan boy for loving MacBooks, iPhones and my great other purchase my 2nd iPad, i am not a fan boy i also own windows laptops, a gaming pc and android phones. 

retina is just a number. 

People get Macs because of the amazing UI and retina displays (a concept that Apple actually invented).

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

PC's with similar specs to Mac's are about the same price these days. You're looking at $700+ just to get into basic SSD territory. Theres still a ton of PC laptops being sold with HDD's. I like MacBooks because 1. excellent/superior build quality 2. Apple after the sale support is excellent 3. I prefer OSX 4. I like the integration between products.

Now...I think PC fans have benefitted a lot from what Apple is doing. For a long time laptops basically had the same materials and build quality. The unibody MacBooks spurred PC laptops to become better. For the longest time they were just thick plastic beasts with terrible screens and crappy specs. Apple has pushed the bar higher of what people expect for their money...but theres still a ton of poor build quality out there. Im always amazed when I see a Vaio on display, push down the keyboard, and they just have a TON of flex. Even the MBA is very rigid and thats the build quality Apple is putting into their products. Of all the PC laptops I'd consider buying they're all pretty much over $1k anyways, and with a student discount something like a 13" rMBP is pretty competitive there with what comes in a higher quality PC laptop. At one point I had a series 9 Samsung laptop which was nice, and cost the same as a rMBP. Now Im a MacBook user and couldn't be happier. 

As far as Android goes...well...I tried it and didn't like it. Maybe things have gotten better there but Im not really impressed with what is out there, and I still see people complaining about the bugginess and crashes. Other than that Ive always used iPhones and they've always worked well for me. I don't need a phablet in my pocket, and with the integration Ive got no reason to switch. Im not interested in toying with a phone trying ROM's and widgets and reading XDA everyday to see how I can mess with my phone today. If thats what floats your boat then fine but I have no use for that stuff, and Apple is the better product unless you're heavily invested in Google services. Even then I have Google Maps, YouTube, Docs, Drive, and a couple other Google apps on my phone.  

• Compatibility with Hardrives. (NTFS!!!!!)

• MS Office Mac version & Apples iWorks alternative.

• Fanboyism

• Locked down/dumbed down interface. (although, great for computing newbies like my parents. Still wish there was more flexibility)

• 'Magic Mouse' - lol

• iChoones

• Johnny Ive's cringe worthy explanations on their promo videos. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehggh

Compatibility with Hardrives. (NTFS!!!!!)

Paragon.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

• Compatibility with Hardrives. (NTFS!!!!!)
  • MS Office Mac version & Apples iWorks alternative.
  • Fanboyism
  • Locked down/dumbed down interface. (although, great for computing newbies like my parents. Still wish there was more flexibility)
  • 'Magic Mouse' - lol
  • iChoones
  • Johnny Ive's cringe worthy explanations on their promo videos. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehggh

Office is a more feature packed suite than iWork but what don't you like about iWork?

For me being 'locked down' has no bearing on anything since I have no interest in play around around on the software of a phone.

iTunes is far superior to Kies.

In fact, people just rage in silence every time Windows crashes and applications freeze, and don't want to tell everyone about it.

Windows doesnt crash. It's all because of the person behind it.

I think I'll argue this from another perspective (How PC's are good compared to Macs.)

1. Price to performance: Not much to say here...

2. Not as "Locked-down" as Mac: Yes this does make them more susceptible to viruses and crashes. But if you are a user who knows what you are doing (like me) You won't get viruses on PC even without an Anti-Virus program, and personally My computer has not crashed in the 6 years I have had it.

3. Much better UI: Sooooo much easier to navigate and just feels right (I wont speak for Windows 8 though *Fingers crossed for Windows 9 :P)

Please someone else feel free to expand on this post, I am quite tired atm.

It's apple! What more can I say.

I remember in the 80's rocking the commodore 128 ,  I also remember my old elementry school having commodore 64's And I loved being able to copy stuff and con the teacher out of floppy disks for my old knocking 1541, Then later I switched to a cathloic school called St. Lawrence, I still remember the tour of the school when they showed me the computer lab classroom at St. Lawrence. When I walk in they show me a bunch of ugly old Apple 2's, I was all tore up.

CPU: Intel i5 3470@3.8ghz, Motherboard: Biostar TZ77A, Ram: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600, GPU: EVGA SC GTX 970 ACX 2.0 , PSU: Corsair CX600, Case: Antec 300, OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64