What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia

The main thing I hate about Apple is the marketing and how they sell general consumers things they don't need, Oh and the prices are ridiculous for hardware that's really not that special

You should be paying for performance not for specs, and in non gaming environments a Mac can easily compete with a PC with higher specs.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

You should be paying for performance not for specs, and in non gaming environments a Mac can easily compete with a PC with higher specs.

Yeah true, ive never really properly used a Mac for much, ive only really used one for Photoshop at college and they seem to do just fine, although they can be a bit slow at times, but that just my experience. 

If it wasn't for the fact that Apple stuff is so damn expensive, and the OS was so restricted (can't install on other PC's and there's a very limited amount of things you can do with it compared to Windows) I would have a Mac or something running OS X.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

If it wasn't for the fact that Apple stuff is so damn expensive, and the OS was so restricted (can't install on other PC's and there's a very limited amount of things you can do with it compared to Windows) I would have a Mac or something running OS X.

It's because it's very restrictive that makes osx a joy to use--assuming it supports what you're doing :P

Yeah true, ive never really properly used a Mac for much, ive only really used one for Photoshop at college and they seem to do just fine, although they can be a bit slow at times, but that just my experience.

I was using my old Mac-2.2ghz core 2 duo, 4gb ddr2, 128mb gt8800s. And even now, at 7 years old it performs quite well. Unlike most other old windows PCs that I've used I'm not ready to kill myself while waiting for the stupid thing to open chrome--which on my Mac is pretty quick (with no ssd).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It's because it's very restrictive that makes osx a joy to use--assuming it supports what you're doing :P

My thoughts exactly.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I do support for about 100 of the little buggers and about 250 pc's at work. The main thing I see with people who hate on macs is a lack of understanding or the fear of difference, it must be bad because its not what I am used to.

Now Macs are pretty stable and basically run what ever you throw at them, they are well built and we have some old cheese grater mac pros that are still chugging along granted a bit slower than the new ones. Maviricks can go suck knob through a straw, it might be free but caused a lot of stability issues (upgrade with caution).

We use the macs for the editorial and design staff which is using them where they excel in the creative sector for the rest of the business is all pc's because of cost and compatibility with the software that we use except for some of the app developers for whom the tools that the BSD based system can provide are a far stride above windows.

Now to my hates... 

1. They are a bitch to automate, yes you can get 3rd party business applications to get things done but its a pain there is nothing like a group policy on a windows domain.
  2. It is very locked down so sometimes finding the source of issues can be... fun.
  3. Mac users and fanboys/girls... Shut the fuck up! My pc does all the same shit as your uber shiny bling bling mac ultra pro stab you with a spoon book... The reason it does this is because I know what I am doing and how to make it do what I want it to. No an iPhone is not better than my android (I own both and should therefore know) Your iMac can break, let me demonstrate with my cricket bat!
  4. Ok got a bit off track there so self repair! ever had a failed HDD? now have a failed HDD in an iMac... Hint you have to go in from the front. good luck!
  5. OSX yes it is BSD based (long ago), yes it is strides above windows in terms of being sane and secure, but to me it looks like something vomited glitter over the screen and smudged it in, half of the things that should be instinctive aren't (I have had t show people who have used these things for years how to get an app out of full screen) The app names make no sense what so ever people who make mac programs have eaten too many of the magic mushrooms.
  6. The damn mouse why the hell would I want to ctrl+click to get a damn dropdown menu on a two button mouse with one button disabled? many of my users request pc mice on their macs for this purpose.

Now my Likes...

1. Its locked down, Simple admin... one admin user all other users standard anyone wants anything installed they put in a damn ticket... its heaven.
  2. The screens due to the creative intended usage are all very good.
  3. Easy to move imacs, seriously Power and network that's all you need to unplug if you just pick up all the shit and go.
  4. SSHing into peoples macs and screwing with them can be fun :D
  5. Finally the build quality, I work with a lot of kit and out of all of it macbooks are the best built in my book... I have plans to once I stop buying other useless crap get one and put Linux on it for general usage.

Well I might have missed a bit but safe to say I don't hate macs its more that I see that there is a tool for every job, a screwdriver will not work well on a nail while a spanner will be absolute shit at tightening a screw and you try to hammer in that bolt!

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

I work as a computer technician in Canada and I have seen time and time again a motherboard for a Windows laptop is around 50-250 generally where as a Mac it starts at 400 and goes up from there.  

Any thing to do with Mac for video/picture editing I will tell people to stay away from that are enthusiasts.  This is because I can overclock my PC and you can't (that I know of)  on a Mac.  Therefore my video can be rendered faster.   

Mac is too locked down in the registry compared to Windows or Linux 

I work as a computer technician in Canada and I have seen time and time again a motherboard for a Windows laptop is around 50-250 generally where as a Mac it starts at 400 and goes up from there.  

Any thing to do with Mac for video/picture editing I will tell people to stay away from that are enthusiasts.  This is because I can overclock my PC and you can't (that I know of)  on a Mac.  Therefore my video can be rendered faster.   

Mac is too locked down in the registry compared to Windows or Linux 

You don't actually need to overclock to render the same as a mac (assuming you spend the same on a windows based system), it seems to be a bit of a myth that macs are better for video/creative work.  They only used to be because they came with decent software out of the box, but now you can get cheap/free software from anywhere for windows so this is no longer the case.  

Only a very limited number of creative business actually use macs for video work, even lucasarts only use some, they also use linux machines and some windows machines.  the rest of the industry actually prefer HP workstations.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Only a very limited number of creative business actually use macs for video work, even lucasarts only use some, they also use linux machines and some windows machines.  the rest of the industry actually prefer HP workstations.

Or Avid systems. Those are pretty much everywhere in movie studios. Even South Park Studios, which Mac fans loves to bring up, renders everything on Avid machines. Same goes for Futurama.

Here is why I dislike Apple.

Steve Jobs was one of the worst human beings I can think of (except real criminals) and I have explained why in this post. It makes me sick when people idolize him.

The fans never shuts the hell up about how everyone is copying Apple (and then completely disregards any instance of Apple copying others).

• The fans always defends Apple product's lack of features, saying that adding those features are bad or not needed. Then when Apple finally adds that feature they say it's the best thing ever. It happened when Apple moved from PowerPC to x86 (first Apple fans said x86 was worse and then they did a 180 and said PowerPC was bad after Apple announced they would make the switch).
  • It happened with multitasking on iOS. When Android had it but iOS didn't they said it was a useless feature and just used up your RAM. Now they say it's good.
  • It happened when Steam was announced for OS X. Before they said OS X didn't need games because people with Macs got work done, like video editing and graphics design. When Steam was announced they went "woho games! Take that Windows fanboys! We got games now!".
  • It happened when Bootcamp was announced. First they said they didn't need Windows because OS X did everything they needed, and now they go "Woho I can use my Windows programs in Bootcamp now!"
  • It happened with the iPhone screen size as well. People saying that 3.5" was the absolute best size and anything bigger was too big because they couldn't reach stuff anymore. Then the 4" iPhone was announced and everyone went "yes a bigger screen! Finally!".

You might think "oh but those are different people saying the before and after stuff". No... I have seen plenty of people say that feature X is bad, and then a few months later when Apple announces it, it's a great feature.

Another thing I dislike about Apple is their lawsuits... Not just against Samsung for stuff like "slide to unlock" and "black rectangle with a grid of colorful icons" but they are also suing things like a café in Germany because their logo is an apple.

ALL THE YES

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

which Mac fans loves to bring up,

With only 6% of total pc market share they are going to run out of companies to point out soon.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Because of the company, not because of the product.

LAwLz summarized it well.

DISCIPLE OF HIS HOLINESS, GABEN FIRST OF HIS NAME FOR NOW AND THE END OF TIME

STEAM - Brendson | ORIGIN - LGBrendson | BATTLE.NET - Brendson#2793

PLACES TO FOLLOW ME - Pastebin

Steve Jobs was one of the worst human beings I can think of (except real criminals) and I have explained why in this post. It makes me sick when people idolize him.

The fans never shuts the hell up about how everyone is copying Apple (and then completely disregards any instance of Apple copying others).

• The fans always defends Apple product's lack of features, saying that adding those features are bad or not needed. Then when Apple finally adds that feature they say it's the best thing ever. It happened when Apple moved from PowerPC to x86 (first Apple fans said x86 was worse and then they did a 180 and said PowerPC was bad after Apple announced they would make the switch).
  • It happened with multitasking on iOS. When Android had it but iOS didn't they said it was a useless feature and just used up your RAM. Now they say it's good.
  • It happened when Steam was announced for OS X. Before they said OS X didn't need games because people with Macs got work done, like video editing and graphics design. When Steam was announced they went "woho games! Take that Windows fanboys! We got games now!".
  • It happened when Bootcamp was announced. First they said they didn't need Windows because OS X did everything they needed, and now they go "Woho I can use my Windows programs in Bootcamp now!"
  • It happened with the iPhone screen size as well. People saying that 3.5" was the absolute best size and anything bigger was too big because they couldn't reach stuff anymore. Then the 4" iPhone was announced and everyone went "yes a bigger screen! Finally!".

You might think "oh but those are different people saying the before and after stuff". No... I have seen plenty of people say that feature X is bad, and then a few months later when Apple announces it, it's a great feature.

Another thing I dislike about Apple is their lawsuits... Not just against Samsung for stuff like "slide to unlock" and "black rectangle with a grid of colorful icons" but they are also suing things like a café in Germany because their logo is an apple.

This this is real life right here!! Kudos my brother!

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

We wouldn't hate apple as much if there weren't so many ignorant kids that fanboy about apple and how apple is great for everything and apple is better than PC and all gamers are on apple.

You know I'm actually interested, where have you found these people? I scour the YouTube comments a lot and rarely see any Mac pride unless it's trying to justify the computer they bought against all the anti-Mac comments that flood his account. Other than YouTube I've never seen anyone on gaming forums, gaming communities, or in public actively try to convince me that a Mac is the end-all be-all for computers.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

You know I'm actually interested, where have you found these people? I scour the YouTube comments a lot and rarely see any Mac pride unless it's trying to justify the computer they bought against all the anti-Mac comments that flood his account. Other than YouTube I've never seen anyone on gaming forums, gaming communities, or in public actively try to convince me that a Mac is the end-all be-all for computers.

Trust me they're everywhere

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Just like this commercial

Invisible Cop - Checkpoint: http://youtu.be/WfHiuF9xm7g

All the idiots at my school that own macs.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

100% of why I dislike Apple.

I like the Macbook Air and the trash can Mac Pro for what they are.

I'm not a fan of the Mac ecosystem though, I feel restricted from my freedom of use.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

People get Macs because of the amazing UI and retina displays (a concept that Apple actually invented).

Lol you really think a retina display is actually something, apple just came up with the name for high dpi screens you sheep

Lol you really think a retina display is actually something, apple just came up with the name for high dpi screens you sheep

You sheep lmfao!

Overpriced for what they are compared to their Windows counterpart.

Example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0AJ1KC4356&cm_re=macbook-_-34-100-326-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA57X1NG5711

For the same price as a Macbook, you could get an MSi laptop that would be better in every aspect.

MSI:

i7

16GB of RAM

6GB of VRAM

A dedicated video card

WAY more storage

Windows

Crapbook 'Pro':

i5

8GB RAM

No VRAM

Integrated Graphics

Less than 1/4 the storage

OS/X

I think I justified why Apple sucks. :)

for iPhone it is small and it doesn't improve anything over generations. iOS is terrible compared to android and iPhone is a brand which means you pay a lot more for something that you can get cheaper. I hate Apple phones.

Hoe Hoe Hoe and a bottle of RAM © Gankplank

i personally have an Imac and a gaming pc. i use my mac for my coding lessons  and  for rendering my youtube video and my friend  uses it for FLstudio too so i do see a lot of uses for a mac they are not compleatly for Facebook and instagram