What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia
Just now, firelighter487 said:

i've never heard that before. nerfed how?

They have a special version of the xeon that's lower clocked. obviously it helps with thermals, but it's cheaper for apple without that price difference ever coming to the consumer since they don't advertise it. They cost less since they're just failed versions of the actual xeon SKUs, so Intel ships them to apple for less than the good ones and apple passes them off as the real deal.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

21 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

nevermind those exist ?

although i wanted new replies, now that the latest Apple event just happened. also the imac pro controversy has kinda died off too. 

19 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

They have a special version of the xeon that's lower clocked. obviously it helps with thermals, but it's cheaper for apple without that price difference ever coming to the consumer since they don't advertise it. They cost less since they're just failed versions of the actual xeon SKUs, so Intel ships them to apple for less than the good ones and apple passes them off as the real deal.

so if Apple puts in an OP cpu that thermal throttles it's bad, but if they put in a lower clocked cpu specifically to adress thermals so it won't throttle it's bad too?

and how do you know intel is charging less for it? 

She/Her

so if Apple puts in an OP cpu that thermal throttles it's bad, but if they put in a lower clocked cpu specifically to adress thermals so it won't throttle it's bad too?

and how do you know intel is charging less for it? 

I've got to go hunting for the video I learned it in, it was an interesting discovery. It was a video of course comparing a hackintosh to a regular mac.

Also, the lower clocked xeon doesn't address thermals, the crappy underclocked xeon and the vega graphics chip are still waaaaay too much thermal load for the miniscule cooling system to handle in long loads, so the weaker CPU means less burst performance, and the still crappy cooler means worse long load performance. It's a lose-lose for the user, and this variety of xeon is neither advertised in any material by its name (which I believe is the regular xeon's name but with something like an e at the end), nor can a regular consumer even go buy it since it's literally from the reject pile off Intel's product line.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

vega graphics chip

last i checked the mac pro didn't have vega graphics. unless you mean imac pro, in which case yes, the cooling is way too small for the specs you can get it with.. like one tiny heatsink for a vega 64 and 18 core's... 

She/Her

unless you mean imac pro, in which case yes

I did lol, I felt like I was typing something wrong but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Primary PC:

27 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

Apple

I love Apples and apple pie, sliced apples, I do not care what brand of apple it is, I've eatten even a Grapple which is an apple that tastes like a grape.

Hate is such a bad word, we hate everything equally! No matter what it is.

While trying to find the name of the CPU to compare against the nerfed version, I came across something interesting

retailers don't list the name of the xeon, they just say "Xeon W" but they do list the graphics chip name

Even apple's website keeps it vague and nonspecific. Far from a smoking gun, but it's bad practice.

Primary PC:

There are many things I dislike.

Customer service and servicing costs.I have had one good post sale experience with customer service so far, the rest are acceptable but nobody really going out their way to help.

Costs of fixing broken things is VERY high and risk of going 3rd party is often too high too.

Peripherals also cost too much.

I dislike some of the software limitations and I have had so many issues with family members accidentally creating new Apple ids it’s unreal...

Things are getting better, their PoS service is very high and had been for a while.

I dislike some of the limitations that drive the security, the low number of Apple viruses vs windows is a good thing. You still gotta practice good security behaviours whatever your OS as these days the bad guys know the person is the weakest link, not the software.

I do like a lot of things about Apple however, highlighted recently by a saga for one family member who has android and windows which going Apple could have avoided.

My first tablets and phones were Android, I refused to go apple due to price. 

Once i got my first apple product, a 5S, I realised how much better apple was vs Android and switched. Now we are 100% Apple in our house bar my gaming PC and we are much better off for it.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz