What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia
2 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Well...

Hackintosh's existing in the first place is my response.

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

Hackintosh's existing in the first place is my response.

Well there are cases where it's legitimately useful, but I can't debate you right now because it's 12.30 AM and I have work in the morning

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

6 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Apple makes amazing kit, but some of the decisions are questionable after Jobs died.

Especially when it comes to the "Pro" line. Jobs brought the company back to life by appeasing creators and fostered a great relationship with them. Current Apple is just undoing all of that for the sake of appealing to the mainstream "prosumer". 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 heat pipe cooling the GPU and CPU...……… Apple fucked up the design, and they still refused it. What they need is redesign the cooling to keep the i9 cool. Apple surely underestimate the I9 heat output. This also taking us back to the iPhone 3? When Apple saying you are holding your phone wrong that cause signal to drop instantly.

Ok, but with the thinness of the laptop, and others compared to it, could you fit more heat pipes and do other laptops of the size and specs do they have more heat pipes, do the old MacBook pros have more than 1 heat pipes?

7 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'd argue that they created the modern smartphone. You're not gonna feel at home using a smartphone older than the iPhone, but you'll feel right at home, if not a bit more constricted, with the original iPhone and iPhone OS. Yes, that's what it was originally called.

Nah popularize it. I had a "smartphone" before the iphone. Then my mum got me the original on contract (the only way at the time) for xmas, because it had the appeal of looking slicker than most previous clunky phones. They took what was already a product and made it "cool" for the masses. I know what the original OS was called etc, i literally grew up with them.

6 hours ago, CallOfSnowgolem. said:

Ok, but with the thinness of the laptop, and others compared to it, could you fit more heat pipes and do other laptops of the size and specs do they have more heat pipes, do the old MacBook pros have more than 1 heat pipes?

THINNEST LAPTOP EVVVAAAAA!!!!111oneoneone

Form and "coolness" over function and practicability. How sheep were born.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

12 minutes ago, Noctus said:

Nah popularize it. I had a "smartphone" before the iphone. Then my mum got me the original on contract (the only way at the time) for xmas, because it had the appeal of looking slicker than most previous clunky phones. They took what was already a product and made it "cool" for the masses. I know what the original OS was called etc, i literally grew up with them.

Yeah I had a “smartphone” before the iPhone too, it was the LG Prada. Horrible phone by today’s standards, but I believe it was actually the first capacitive touch screen phone, and I had it before the iPhone was released.

I don’t “hate” apple, I just hate how some of their products suffer from stupid design oversights in the name of a “premium” look or feel. The iPad Pro Smart Keyboard doesn’t need to be so damn sensitive with regards to how perfectly angled it is when folded out before working. The iMac Pro doesn’t need shit for a vesa mount and an impossible-to-service design for a workstation product. The headphone jack REALLY didn’t need to go just yet. The MacBook Pro  should have been made to handle the i9 better. The Mac Pro garbage can just plain didn’t need to exist. Antenna problems, GPU overheating problems, general inability to repair their computers, etc., are all things that have kept me away.

Small, stupid things that you think they’d get right, go wrong. And they take forever to admit these oversights, if ever. If they just fixed these problems and didn’t have a bad track record for refusing to acknowledge major design flaws, I might actually consider their products a little more. As it is, the only reason I have an iPad Pro is because Android tablets are generally sparse with little support. And the Apple Pencil. That was worth it.

And honestly? The company has gone flat since Steve Jobs died. There’s very little in terms of strong direction. They just seem to be trying to repeat past success without knowing what they’re doing. It’s sad, really. I want them to be successful. Microsoft needs a swift kick in the ass every now and then to keep them honest. Just like AMD and Intel/Nvidia. Competition is good for everyone.

1 hour ago, CallOfSnowgolem. said:

Didn't Linus in his iMac pro video (before it broke) that the specs were fairly priced for what you get?

Yes, and he also proved that apparently Apple doesn't believe in repairing professional level hardware. Imagine you're an AV tech for AC/DC on their latest tour, responsible for the functionality of their compact all-in-one mobile live concert recording rack. The rack itself is made up of components from various manufacturers, but it's designed and assembled by some exquisite AV company and resold for either a large profit, or close to what it would cost you to build it yourself.

It's 2 hours before the show starts, and low and behold, the Focusrite multi channel XLR recorder has zero power, despite it working yesterday just fine during the sound check. No problem, you think; I'll just unscrew it from the rack and replace it with one of the spares we have in the trailer. Except you cannot, because the rack has been assembled with glue, has proprietary screws, and has glass shelving that breaks whenever equipment needs replacing. To boot, the company that sold you the rack won't repair it unless you purchase the accompanying power supply, cable kit, and another software license, even though you don't need any of those parts.

1 hour ago, CallOfSnowgolem. said:

mate, those I macs are built like a tank, they are the some of the highest build quality around, that's just a fact

When they last, I agree with you: they're built like old Dell desktops, which can literally be used as boat anchors after they wear out from becoming too slow. (That's right, they usually don't wear out from failed parts - they simply become too slow, and are better used as boat anchors or door stops.)

53 minutes ago, CallOfSnowgolem. said:

I agree, the whole not being able to upgrade is dumb, but apple isnt the only one, correct ( I dont know the answer to that)

Apple isn't the only one without upgradeable machines, but they are by far the largest. That in and of itself is a problem because it creates an uneducated mass of people who wouldn't even know that upgradeable products exist, even with their pros and cons.

I'm not saying that companies should have to make all products upgradeable, however, consumers need to be provided choice. The moment ANY company takes away my choice is the moment I no longer support them, and will personally go out of my way to recommend that others do the same while educating them on the companies business practices that lead to my choice.

53 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

They charge too much money for systems without essential features that break and are not repairable

Exactly, although sometimes the cost is comparable to what you could build yourself, so if you also need MacOS, it makes sense in some cases to buy Apple hardware. But I agree that producing an unrepairable, non-user-serviceable product NO MATTER THE MANUFACTURER is just flat out, plain old piss poor design. 

To be clear, I don't hate Apple any more than I hate other companies using the same tactics. In fact, I'd love to have an iPad again sometime as there really is no competition for them at the moment, at least on the consumption side of tablets. But the fact that they still charge the same price for an iPad Mini 4 is a great example of another bad practice.

You wouldn't pay the same price for a 5 year old city map as you would a new map because it's outdated. That just doesn't make any sense. The logic applies to electronics, cars, appliances, etc. based on their function, and yet so many people don't question the prices they pay for certain technology. I have no problem paying top dollar for top tier tech, but an older iPad should go DOWN in price, not remain the same.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

I'll let you in on something. 

Many people have a legitimate reason on why they dislike Apple. Whether that's their business practices or how they make repairing their devices difficult or how their customer support which others recall as great is really hit/miss as of late. Apple can make good products and they've done so more often than not. But they also have their share of messups, some of which are legitimate reasons to not care for the company. 

But there's always some people who dislike them without fully understanding why 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

OK, I think that's good then, I must have had a bad experience with people, bc the only tech people in my school take the Master race thing for real, and they hate apple for no reason at all

1 minute ago, CallOfSnowgolem. said:

OK, I think that's good then, I must have had a bad experience with people, bc the only tech people in my school take the Master race thing for real, and they hate apple for no reason at all

Some like Apple and some don't. It comes down to personal preference. Some like console gaming, and some don't. 

2 minutes ago, CallOfSnowgolem. said:

The PCMR thing has usually been satirical, but people take it way too seriously in some cases. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

I personally think from a business point of view that there is no need to have an Apple environment where you can have the same features, if not more on a competitor's environment and it be significantly cheaper.

Apple seems to have made a mark on the common consumer of being "elite" and "the best" and I have to give it to them, it is really easy to pick up an iPhone and get used to it in ~10 minutes. However it is the basic functions it lacks that ruins it for me.

Apple seems to be so fixed on marketing that they lose the value of the customer and how they use the products. I can pick up an old HTC desire from 2008 and still be able to download apps on it. However I am unable to pick up an iPhone 5 and download a simple game from the app store. I get it, the specifications are restricting, but why does it feel like I HAVE to buy a new iPhone before I can play said game?

Just my two cents, for what it's worth. 

3 hours ago, DaPhuc said:

Expensive and overrated. 

3 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

A flame war awaits

well that statement is not entirely true it depends on what perspective you look at it from

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'd argue that they created the modern smartphone. You're not gonna feel at home using a smartphone older than the iPhone, but you'll feel right at home, if not a bit more constricted, with the original iPhone and iPhone OS. Yes, that's what it was originally called.

Nah, maybe for your personal liking they did, but I had an ipaq and my father had a windows phone before the iphone was released.  Also I think even though blackbberry had a physical keyboard you'd be hard pressed too argue they weren't a smart phone and even harder pressed to argue they weren't popular.

I think the fact is the  reason most people hate apple is because they have to contend with false information so much. Like the people who claim black and blue that apple invented the flush toilet.   I think the fact is there are just as many people who hate MS, HP, and Google as there are who hate Apple.  When you think you see an imbalance it is usually down to cognitive bias.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I like apple up until 2013 or so, the last year you could actually change parts on 99% of macs and it was the last time truly did something new with their phone. Not just take a 6 and change internals. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

16 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

@valdyrgramr yeah,. he is someone that has a one dimensional belief.

he is at the opposite side of apple. 

apple is the big monopoly, while he is the one man army. 

if you hate apple, hate google as well, google has done a lot of shady stuff as well. 

fuck android, use another platform. 

Well I hate more apple buyers than apple, there are tons of brands that behave like apple but people spending such huge amount of money because apple marketing is awful.... such waste of money, people that cant save money but because marketing he/she needs the new iphone to show like a peacock (dont know why).... those people they are mortgaging because an advertisement....

I know apple has great products and there are a lot of people that can take advantage of that but marketing some pro/editor device to a consumer,in my opinion, is mean.

Edit: I had the same thought since 12, I was more unbiased but I allways saw in a friend's house macs (their parents were web developers) tons of macs and I allways thought That mac were more into design proffesional market 

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

1 hour ago, Noctus said:

THINNEST LAPTOP EVVVAAAAA!!!!111oneoneone

Form and "coolness" over function and practicability. How sheep were born.

an actual sheep certainly favours function over form. I don't know what you are talking about ... ^^

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Just trying to spice things up a bit, meanwhile on the other side of spectrum: 

5b693ce06da76_ScreenShot2018-08-07at2_28_39PM.png.3ad3095bf09793103b40985d5cb73595.png5b693ce2de51c_ScreenShot2018-08-07at2_29_51PM.png.e7a9358ee5b7f19f2fddac3e3e035116.png5b693ce562078_ScreenShot2018-08-07at2_30_09PM.png.11ebafd3be0b62d06d5325bc9edddf19.png5b693ce83b274_ScreenShot2018-08-07at2_31_06PM.png.fa9ac3f413da092880735f81c3c51a30.png5b693cea83607_ScreenShot2018-08-07at2_31_20PM.png.e8e6e044d9268c02d9036d929739f22b.png

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

How many of us have a friend that bought a "mb/mbp/any apple computer" because of FINAL CUT? I have more than one, xD 

SPOILER: you are not a true video editor if you cant edit in more than 1 platform..... Its easy to play with buttons and learn but you need a lot more than that.... 

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

For me, It's the Apple fanboys and fangirls. They always bash on android  but they've never used an Android phone before. They don't bring any good arguments to the table when I ask them what is so good about Apple... Only  good thing with Apple, most of their products keep their value. Other than that, the iPhone lacks features.. Also, you pay nearly a grand for a phone that will be replaced every year.... Seriously? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 hour ago, Abdul201588 said:

For me, It's the Apple fanboys and fangirls. They always bash on android  but they've never used an Android phone before.

If you switch Apple and Android in both these sentences they are equally legitimate complaints the other way around.

They don't bring any good arguments to the table when I ask them what is so good about Apple...

It's the little things, really. Everyday usability. Like I just bought a macbook to surf and do emails and stuff, also some work-related things while on a vacation. I logged on, noticed there was no wi-fi and thought *sigh* now I have to go into settings and turn on data-sharing on my phone, but no, lo-and-behold the macbook can turn it on from the wi-fi screen. Even if I'd never heard of data-sharing I could have used it with just a click.

Changing phones are easy as all heck by the way. I upped from the 6+ to the X and while installing the phone asked me "to put the phones close" and everything - absolutely everything - got ported over to the new phone.

The reason I started using an iphone in the first place was because the last android phone I had - which was an s4 active - was horrendously laggy. It's like Samsung had no concept of how much processor power the phone had and instead just threw some un-optimized android OS together and stuck on all the bloatware they could fit. I distinctly remember a bunch of crashes as well.

I've heard they've gotten better at it, but they - meaning most popular android-phone producers - kind of shot themselves in the foot when they disregarded smoothness in the early days, preferring 10 bazillion features to show off in the spec sheet, and now it's too late because people are stuck in with their choices.

Other than that, the iPhone lacks features..

Facial recognition is fricking AWESOME.

It's got wireless charging, but there's nowhere that use it yet - except McDonalds - so I guess they're a little early with that one? ;)

Apple pay is pretty smooth.

I can't really think of a "feature" that's missing. Every time android is first with something it seems like it's either way too early - so nothing supports that feature. Or it's just badly done, like the early fingerprint sensors on android which were freaking horrible.

Also, you pay nearly a grand for a phone that will be replaced every year.... Seriously? 

See:

Only  good thing with Apple, most of their products keep their value.

If you take good care of your phone and sell within a year then do the math it's really not all that expensive. I mean yeah, ok, it still costs a lot of money, but it's not like your phone is the least used object in the household. If I can spend 2500$ on my computer which I barely get to use between weekends then I should be able to afford a nice experience on the device I carry around all day every day.

Think about it like that and phones are too damn cheap. People spend less time with their cars, but still buy new ones.

8 minutes ago, peredv said:

Changing phones are easy as all heck by the way. I upped from the 6+ to the X and while installing the phone asked me "to put the phones close" and everything - absolutely everything - got ported over to the new phone.

HAHA no. I've switched to a boss from a normal android to an iphone  7 and the iphone just told me to fuck off when I tried to put 1600 contacts (yay boss is boss) , I've tried on Icloud with csv and same! best way to do?, put on gmail thats.... android :o:o:o

I have found myself becoming highly annoyed by Apple's practises lately, from the repair situation to their huge tax evasion but as others have pointed out they are not the only company doing this.

I think I agree with Paskenova, I dislike Apple buyers more than Apple themselves. It applies to other areas as well like designer clothes and fancy cars. It's often a fashion statement because people know Apple products are expensive. This doesn't apply to everyone, in fact it's probably a minority ruining the image because many Apple products are nicely made and people have good reasons to buy them, just like some expensive clothes can be worthwhile for the better quality but we all know instantly who's trying hard for attention, and it's these people who are insufferable to me, they usually don't have money, even putting things on finance just to get attention.