What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia
Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Yes, you can compare it. But he didn't. He was saying that Android phone X has 1gb more ram and therefore is better. 

I see. He should have also considered the inner-workings of the systems (iOS vs Android):

• XNU/Unix-based kernel vs. Linux kernel
  • bare-metal vs. ART/Dalvik VM
  • MRR/ARC vs. mmapping and other forms of app mem. management
  • LPDDR in both cases - speeds will vary from model to model
  • etc.

Overall, using a VM has a set amount of unavoidable RT overhead that bare-metal doesn't have. However, writing for bare-metal requires skill to make anything stable enough for general-purpose use. I must say, however, that my personal experience has lead me to avoid iOS in many instances, due to the way it ages and/or treats older devices (as they receive updates). iOS 4 was a deep reminder for users of the iPod Touch 2G, which would crash at times during system hangs. Springboard anyone? Even a good jailbreak couldn't save me from the pain :( 

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

the company comes up with the next idea itself.

After multiple other companies have already done it.

2 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

because they don't know what they want (for instance, the iPod, or the iPhone, or the Watch; no one knew that was coming but it ended up being something huge).

MP3 players existed prior to the iPod, of more basic controls.

Palm OS and Windows CE smartphones existed prior to the iPhone, and functioned very similarly.

Apple was the last large company to join the bandwagon of "smart"watches.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

12 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Chief, the "Android Phone X" is a stand in that represents whatever Android phones that have more RAM than the latest iPhone.

Was a joke fam. Truth is I gave up on this thread ages ago. Its a load of poop at this point.

Just now, Canada EH said:

yeah when they purposely slowed down my cell phone

I am done with apple

I guess random shutdowns are better. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I guess random shutdowns are better. 

Androids where its at

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

After multiple other companies have already done it.

MP3 players existed prior to the iPod, of more basic controls.

Palm OS and Windows CE smartphones existed prior to the iPhone, and functioned very similarly.

Apple was the last large company to join the bandwagon of "smart"watches.

True, but Apple has the reputation. I feel like that adds to the hate as well.

7 hours ago, luigi90210 said:

planned obsolescence 

i'm still waiting for a single ounce of proof for this one....

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

Planning on slowing down phones ~2 years old due to a battery issue without warning anyone about it is quite close to planned absolescence. Even if Apple never directly intended it to be that. That combined with the price they charge to swap batteries. Even the lowered price is a no loss comprimice to damage control the situation. They dont loss and may even earn money on the price they charge adter dropping it

Srry no sources and my statments may be false, but ive heard it from somewhere

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Planning on slowing down phones ~2 years old due to a battery issue without warning anyone about it is quite close to planned absolescence. Even if Apple never directly intended it to be that. That combined with the price they charge to swap batteries. Even the lowered price is a no loss comprimice to damage control the situation. They dont loss and may even earn money on the price they charge adter dropping it

Srry no sources and my statments may be false, but ive heard it from somewhere

That's not planned obsolescence; it's a design flaw with the non plus models using too small of a battery that ends up degrading too quickly, and horrible communication from Apple. If the goal was planned obsolescence, then random shut downs would get people to buy a new phone a lot faster and the plus models would also be affected. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

People will quote the slowing down of old Apple phones, in fact Apple are actually facing a lawsuit against that very thing in France as it's against law for a company to have "planned obsolescence" in their business model

2 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

People will quote the slowing down of old Apple phones, in fact Apple are actually facing a lawsuit against that very thing in France as it's against law for a company to have "planned obsolescence" in their business model

I know they will, but slowing down the phones isn't proof of planned obsolescence (especially since they aren't slowing down the plus models), just a design flaw and then a complete lack of communication. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I know they will, but slowing down the phones isn't proof of planned obsolescence (especially since they aren't slowing down the plus models).

Well i would like to chime in with the thing of once they have a new generation of iPods etc. out they immediately stop selling the old ones. Some people (like myself) don't want to pay through the nose for a products when spec wise the previous generation will do the job just as well at a fraction of the cost

Most people really have a problem with the pretentious pricks they flaunt apple products like they are better than everyone else

40 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

That's not planned obsolescence; it's a design flaw with the non plus models using too small of a battery that ends up degrading too quickly, and horrible communication from Apple. If the goal was planned obsolescence, then random shut downs would get people to buy a new phone a lot faster and the plus models would also be affected. 

I wont disagree to that. But the way they handled it is very very bad. And the response with cutting the bettery prices wasnt bad, but those prices arent going to stay and it doesnt cost them a penny to have those prices

Apple charges 2 grand for a laptop that cant run games good at all no ports and that god awful os.

13 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

Well i would like to chime in with the thing of once they have a new generation of iPods etc. out they immediately stop selling the old ones. Some people (like myself) don't want to pay through the nose for a products when spec wise the previous generation will do the job just as well at a fraction of the cost

Most people really have a problem with the pretentious pricks they flaunt apple products like they are better than everyone else

A lot of companies stop selling the older model when the newer one comes out (the iPad mini 3/4 would have been a better example because of the following). There also hasn't been many new iPods with the exception of the Touch, and in fairness, the 5th gen touch was rocking an A5 when it was discontinued and replaced with the 6th gen (which had an A8 -- a MUCH more powerful chip). The A5 was the CPU that was in the 4s and lost support with iOS 9, the 6th gen touch was released in July 2015 a few months before iOS 9 launched. So you really didn't want to be buying a 5th gen touch in 2015 when it was replaced. In fact Apple really should have replaced the 5th gen touch a lot sooner.

13 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

I wont disagree to that. But the way they handled it is very very bad. And the response with cutting the bettery prices wasnt bad, but those prices arent going to stay and it doesnt cost them a penny to have those prices

Yes, they handled it horribly by not informing people. And those prices will stay for a year or so -- which is plenty of time for anyone who had a battery problem to be rectified. 

8 minutes ago, a1b2c3d4 said:

Apple charges 2 grand for a laptop that cant run games good at all no ports and that god awful os.

I must have completely forgotten that computers are designed solely for gaming. 

P.s. it's "can't run games well", not good.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

A lot of companies stop selling the older model when the newer one comes out. There also hasn't been many new iPods with the exception of the Touch, and in fairness, the 5th gen touch was rocking an A5 when it was discontinued and replaced with the 6th gen with an A8 (a MUCH more powerful chip). The A5 was the CPU that was in the 4s and last saw iOS 9, the 6th gen touch was released in July 2015 a few months before iOS 9 launched. So you really didn't want to be buying a 5th gen touch in 2015 when it

I know plenty of people that would have liked the iPod classic rather than the gimmicky iPod touch, why would i want an MP3 player that i would have to charge DURING the day rather than you know lasting for 2 or 3 days and then charging. However i will add in that i grew up in the countryside where i'm used to doing things the 'long way' due to no other option so i've gotten used to that kind of style; i prefer having a old ipod with large capactity than a ipod touch which has a mesley battery that won't last a day and you can't fit all your music onto the internal storage cos you're supposed to stream everything nowadays

Reality Check Apple; not every has decent internet or mobile data where they live having it on the hard drive is just better

tbh thought this thread would be locked fast, surprised it  is still around because I would think this would be a cesspool for toxicity or a battle between Apple and Andriod fan bois arguing like

FUK YOU APPLE IS GREAT AND ANDROID IS A DUMPSTER FIRE

WELL APPLE SUCCC DIK PLEB, ANDROID IS THE BEST THING EVOR

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

11 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

I know plenty of people that would have liked the iPod classic rather than the gimmicky iPod touch, why would i want an MP3 player that i would have to charge DURING the day rather than you know lasting for 2 or 3 days and then charging. However i will add in that i grew up in the countryside where i'm used to doing things the 'long way' due to no other option so i've gotten used to that kind of style; i prefer having a old ipod with large capactity than a ipod touch which has a mesley battery that won't last a day and you can't fit all your music onto the internal storage cos you're supposed to stream everything nowadays

Reality Check Apple; not every has decent internet or mobile data where they live having it on the hard drive is just better

If the Classic was selling well they would surely have updated it and continued selling it. More than likely the sales figures for the classic had become horrible to the point where it wasn't worth keeping it in production. The same goes for the iPod Touch -- if they were selling well then they wouldn't be relegated to the corner of Apple stores and they would still have a tab on Apple's website, they also wouldn't end up going years without seeing any updates. The fact is that at this point most people have an old phone they can use as an iPod -- if they even need a dedicated music player at all. Apple has been phasing out the iPods, because at this point most people just don't care about them at all. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

If the Classic was selling well they would surely have updated it and continued selling it. More than likely the sales figures for the classic had become horrible to the point where it wasn't worth keeping it in production. The same goes for the iPod Touch -- if they were selling well then they wouldn't be relegated to the corner of Apple stores and they would still have a tab on Apple's website, they also wouldn't end up going years without seeing any updates. The fact is that at this point most people have an old phone they can use as an iPod -- if they even need a dedicated music player at all. Apple has been phasing out the iPods, because at this point most people just don't care about them at all. 

Why wouldn't people care about a dedicated piece of hardware for music? What else would you use? I'd much rather not drain my phone's battery it's why i'm looking at getting a FiiO player

1 minute ago, Tcrumpen said:

Why wouldn't people care about a dedicated piece of hardware for music? What else would you use? I'd much rather not drain my phone's battery it's why i'm looking at getting a FiiO player

Most people just use a phone these days, and listening to music with the screen off doesn't drain much power. You can get over a day out of just music playback on any modern iPhone (almost three days with a Plus).

If they were selling well then Apple wouldn't have ended production. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Most people just use a phone these days, and listening to music with the screen off doesn't drain much power. You can get over a day out of just music playback on any modern iPhone (almost three days with a Plus). 

I'm one of those people that don't like it when their phone battery drops below 80% i'm one of those people that always like to have my phone on max charge because you never know when you could need it and you'll always have little charge in that situation

I have music on my phone as a backup but the sound compression on phones's are quite bad it's why i like to have a separate device just for it. I will always be like that; i'm just old fashioned

3 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

I'm one of those people that don't like it when their phone battery drops below 80% i'm one of those people that always like to have my phone on max charge because you never know when you could need it and you'll always have little charge in that situation

I have music on my phone as a backup but the sound compression on phones's are quite bad it's why i like to have a separate device just for it. I will always be like that; i'm just old fashioned

So you're a very niche user. Apple is a company that has to produce for the masses; producing for the niche cases just isn't profitable. Apple stopped producing all but the Touch because nothing else was selling well, and then also lengthened the Touch's upgrade cycle significantly because it wasn't selling well either. Most people don't want something that is a music player and nothing else; they want something that can play music but can also do other things. Also, at this point a 128gb iPod Touch costs $300 and is rated for 40 hours of music playback while a 160gb Classic was $250 when it was discontinued and was rated for 36 hours.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler