What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia
8 hours ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

they dont even create their own products , literally everything inside an iphone is made from others 

e.g. : screen,ram ( samsung )  , camera ( sony ) , storage ( toshiba ) and so on...

That's true with virtually all companies. Most companies don't manufacture anything -- the exception being the few companies like Samsung that do a lot of the manufacturing for everyone else (but even they outsource too).

8 hours ago, mr moose said:

so it's not the same item from another brand, it's a different item that costs more.

?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

18 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

iOS and Android use memory differently, so you can't simply say Android has more RAM and therefore is better.

In almost every situation more ram is better.

Some people have genuine disagreements with Apple. Maybe they don't like their policy? Maybe they don't like their philosophy?

But honestly, I really feel that most people hate on Apple just for the sake of hating. It seems to be the new "cool" thing to be anti-Apple for no real reason.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

7 hours ago, said:

In almost every situation more ram is better.

No. XP with 1gb will run better than Vista/7/8/10 with 2gb. You can't just make a blanket statement like that.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I don't like the fact that they don't allow us to rollback older OS versions. I don't like the fact that by each update iOS gets slower and slower on older devices.

This thread and the what triggers tech fans thread make me realise that some people worry and get worked up way too much about stuff that really does not matter. Years from now when we are all on our death beds, will what equipment people use or like really be a big deal. 

Gotta admit, Apple is pretty easy to use, why I don't like them is that they sell the product at really high price and some of the features can be unnecessary.

For people who just want things to work as is then iOS may be more suitable for them, but for those who wants freedom to tweak then Android is way to go.

Apple has been taking risks lately and it's just plain silly, particularly removing the headphone jack. Some may say that wireless is the future, this might be true in some ways but clearly wireless headphones may not be the most convenient thing either, you have to charge it and it is hard to connect if the battery is low. Their laptop is overpriced yet the performance is laughable compared to other laptop with the same price.

Well people buy them is mostly for the brand, they are well-known company, it makes you feel "better" for buying their products. But for me, I'd rather go with something else.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Even clueless people tend to hate on Apple for the sake of hating. They just jump on bandwagons even though they have no clue how any of the tech actually works. They might experience a dead battery on their first or second iPhone and go "NEVER anotheriPhone! My battery on my 6 died after 3 years, I'm gonna get myself a samsung!".

1 minute ago, Wano1997 said:

Even clueless people tend to hate on Apple for the sake of hating. They just jump on bandwagons even though they have no clue how any of the tech actually works. They might experience a dead battery on their first or second iPhone and go "NEVER anotheriPhone! My battery on my 6 died after 3 years, I'm gonna get myself a samsung!".

My friend has actually experienced this :P he used to be a die-hard Apple fan, but after he had major problem with his iPhone he just switched to Samsung out of nowhere.

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

11 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

No. XP with 1gb will run better than Vista/7/8/10 with 2gb. You can't just make a blanket statement like that.

OMG what kind of a statement is that? Of course, it will run better it's so much older and less demanding. But it would run even better with 2GB.

1 hour ago, <Aleks> said:

OMG what kind of a statement is that? Of course, it will run better it's so much older and less demanding. But it would run even better with 2GB.

It will run better because they don't use memory the same way and that's the entire point. You cant simply say an android phone is better then an iOS phone because it has an extra gig of memory; they use memory differently and thus it's not comparable. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

It will run better because they don't use memory the same way and that's the entire point. You cant simply say an android phone is better then an iOS phone because it has an extra gig of memory; they use memory differently and thus it's not comparable. 

More ram is better, if my iPhone had more ram it would do things like multitasking a lot smoother and wouldn't freeze as much when having multiple apps running, more ram in a phone is better. 

15 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Because more modern OS's need at minimum 4GB of RAM to run smoothly

5 hours ago, DimasRMDO said:

My friend has actually experienced this :P he used to be a die-hard Apple fan, but after he had major problem with his iPhone he just switched to Samsung out of nowhere.

I've also had a battery issue back when I owned an iPhone 6. I have to say, it was 2 years old and it was -10 degrees. The phone randomly shut off at 20%, though this did not happen frequently.

I'm not gonna switch because of 1 issue though, these things happen with every brand.

8 hours ago, Wano1997 said:

I've also had a battery issue back when I owned an iPhone 6. I have to say, it was 2 years old and it was -10 degrees. The phone randomly shut off at 20%, though this did not happen frequently.

I'm not gonna switch because of 1 issue though, these things happen with every brand.

My Galaxy S4 has graphical issue, don't know why when I take a photo there's like a graphics issue but yeah I'm not switching just because of one problem. Well I might get a flip phone as my secondary phone.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

On 12/21/2017 at 9:36 AM, said:

More ram is better, if my iPhone had more ram it would do things like multitasking a lot smoother and wouldn't freeze as much when having multiple apps running, more ram in a phone is better. 

That still doesn't mean that 4gb on Android is better than 3gb on iOS. It only means that 3gb on iOS is better than 2gb on iOS.

On 12/21/2017 at 10:47 AM, Tcrumpen said:

Because more modern OS's need at minimum 4GB of RAM to run smoothly

It's because different operating systems utilize memory differently, which is entirely the point. You cant just make a claim that more is better when the two operating systems are entirely different.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

I don't hate Apple Inc., and by extension, the people who work there and the people who buy Apple products. 

I simply don't buy them because:

• I like choice. I refuse to allow myself be trapped by a company in its own ecosystem.  
  • I'm practical with my money. I get better technology for half the price. 
  • I'm not a child and I refuse to surrender my freedom to decide for myself to a corporation.
  • I place more value on function over form. They look nice but that's it. I don't find real value in what they're selling. 

On 12/19/2017 at 5:53 PM, djdwosk97 said:

iOS and Android use memory differently, so you can't simply say Android has more RAM and therefore is better.

Then that also means that one can compare how the OS's use RAM (memory management and page handling). Furthermore, I mentioned speed(s) and latency(-ies) as well. If you have a large amount of slow, older-gen RAM being used by one system and try comparing that to a system with smaller-capacity, faster RAM, the system with faster RAM could end up winning in some cases. But, in most modern cases, as <Aleks> said, moar is pretty much always better.

On 12/20/2017 at 7:18 PM, djdwosk97 said:

The point is that any OS with more RAM is better than that same OS with less RAM. Furthermore, better memory management makes better use of available system resources. Therefore, if you compare the memory management schemes and memory modules (both speed and capacity), you can get an idea of how two systems will perform side-by-side (given similar CPU architectures and generations - ARMv8 vs A11,ARM-based). 

2 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Then that also means that one can compare how the OS's use RAM (memory management and page handling). Furthermore, I mentioned speed(s) and latency(-ies) as well. If you have a large amount of slow, older-gen RAM being used by one system and try comparing that to a system with smaller-capacity, faster RAM, the system with faster RAM could end up winning in some cases. But, in most modern cases, as <Aleks> said, moar is pretty much always better.

In modern cases more is "pretty much always better" when the operating systems are the same, otherwise that is a meaningless statement. Memory doesn't exist by itself -- how it's used is equally important as how much there is. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

46 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

In modern cases more is "pretty much always better" when the operating systems are the same, otherwise that is a meaningless statement. Memory doesn't exist by itself -- how it's used is equally important as how much there is. 

You did see this part of my previous post, correct? :

"Then that also means that one can compare how the OS's use RAM (memory management and page handling)."

Edited by TopHatProductions115
Italics on second quotation.

4 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

You did see this part of my previous post, correct? :

"Then that also means that one can compare how the OS's use RAM (memory management and page handling)."

Yes, you can compare it. But he didn't. He was saying that Android phone X has 1gb more ram than iPhone Y and therefore is better. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Yes, you can compare it. But he didn't. He was saying that Android phone X has 1gb more ram and therefore is better. 

There is no Android phone X, only iPhone X.

6 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

There is no Android phone X, only iPhone X.

Chief, the "Android Phone X" is a stand in that represents whatever Android phones that have more RAM than the latest iPhone.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

This is the theory of Apple. I can't take credit for it but I'll do my best to summarize what this video explains:

Basically the reason people hate Apple is because of the way they run their business. Instead of listening to customers like most other companies, Apple does their own thing. People don't like that they can't get what they want, which is pretty typical of Apple in the short term. But the goal of Apple (in the future and in their past products) is to simplify technology as much as possible. To do that, you can't listen to customers, because they don't know what they want (for instance, the iPod, or the iPhone, or the Watch; no one knew that was coming but it ended up being something huge). And people find that hard to swallow. But to create the next big thing which is what Apple is known for, and is the reason it is the largest company in the world, the company comes up with the next idea itself. The general public doesn't know what the next big thing is, and that's Apple's job to create it.

Hopefully it makes sense.