What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia

Well.

The MBA has a better CPU

The MBA has a 128gb ssd while the lenovo has a 500gb hdd and an 8gb ssd...

The Lenovo does have 8gb ram versus the MBAs 4

The Macbook air has HD 5000 versus the Lenovos HD 4400

And the Macbook also holds other stuff over like better battery life, ac wifi ect...

So yeah the macbook air is the clear winner here

I don't know what Ultrabook you have been checking, but you can actually choose your CPU from a list and the worst one within that list is only abit weaker than the the best CPU the air got...

Again it you have options but the most common one runs a 256gb ssd

Any of the U430 runs a , Nvidia Geforce GT 730M with 2Gb Vram

And yes the MBA is the clear winner in battery life and wfi 

but in everything else the U430 wrecks the Macbook

I didn't list the touchscreen because some people including me don't care about that, but at least having the option is a plus too.

I don't know what Ultrabook you have been checking, but you can actually choose your CPU from a list and the worst one within that list is only abit weaker than the the best CPU the air got...

I didn't list the touchscreen because some people including me don't care about that, but at least having the option is a plus too.

Maybe we're looking at different models, show me the ones you are looking at

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Well for one, deleting a file on finder does not actually delete the file but only hides it somewhere... Also, the OSX somehow manages to eat up several gigabytes off my external hard

drive upon plugging it in. Also, when it comes to durability, I've seen 3 3-year-old iMacs having failing GPUs (which just happened to fail on my shift)...

For their mobile devices, I personally wanted the original iPod... But now, the iPods look like luxury devices instead of high capacity music players... As for the iPhone, I think that it's too risky and impractical to carry in high crime rate areas (like where I live... I've heard of a lot of people getting their phones snatched, and I was unfortunate enough to experience it myself...)...

Sure they have good industrial design (apart from the latest mac pro... I don't like it...), and they're geared towards content creators and even developers (Web Apps, iOS, Android)... If there's anything that made me hate the unholy Apple, it would be the following that it has...

I was forced through 3 years of highschool to sit next to an Apple user that would only talk about 2 topics,

1. How apple was better than everything else

2. Bleach (the anime/manga)

As a result I now absolutely despise both things. He was annoying as fuck. My opinion will never change.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Lenovo IdeaPad U430 Touch blows the the Macbook away , and where I am at you save 200 dollars.

Something you need to consider is that you're comparing them spec to spec when thats not a fair comparison... They run entirely different. 

For example, my 2013 rMBP is actually FASTER in pretty much everything except gaming and rendering than my desktop--4670k @4.3ghz. Granted, all other specs aren't identical--my desktop has an old crucial M4 ssd and 8gb of ram vs. the pcie ssd and 16gb of ram...but if I were to get a new ssd with the same speeds as the pcie one in my mac the two would probably be about even in terms of speed. So, you really do need to be comparing computers by their performance, NOT their specs. Now, if you're getting a mac for gaming....well then you're just being stupid. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

No, not everything is proprietary.

If all you care about is power for the dollar then not many computers will make you happy. Owning an apple product comes with a level service you won't see from anyone else. Somehow this never gets factored into the price. Both through personal experience and through word of mouth I have the firm opinion that Apple is all alone in really caring about having a happy customer. We've gone in for things that were our fault and not our fault. Always left with a resolution.

I will say they have good intent in locking things down. They want an expectation of a certain UX and that means locking things down. It's a different philosophy than other platforms. But I'd feel confident giving my kids an iPad and them having a safe experience. We went through an Android tablet and I've had to factory reset it 3 times and went through deleting apps that got downloaded more times than I can count. I just prefer the Apple ecosystem and have confidence in the total UX to prefer them over anything else.

Not sure what you mean by a bad business practice but these are businesses and they do mean to make money. I'm not ignorant of that. I just prefer a company that makes most of its money through device sales and not through data collection. 90% of Google's revenue is from ads (data collection). I think people who use their devices and services are basically paying google to spy on them and create data profiles on every user. With the NSA threat I don't think using a company's products which revolve around data collection as being a wise move. Everything they do and all the services they offer revolve around getting us to give up more of our lives which becomes a metric they can profit off of. Apple is not an advertising or data collection agency by design.

By bad practices I mean screwing over their customers and not when somebody put a copyrighted song on itunes apple did nothing about it also yes not everything is proprietary but alot and I mean ALOT of their stuff is proprietary   

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

what i dislike about apple, is the patent troll-ish behavior, just like samsung.

and the price performance

and the trashcan pro

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I don't hate any brand nor do I understand people that claim they hate some brand with a passion. I mean uw0tm8? :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

what i dislike about apple, is the patent troll-ish behavior, just like samsung.

and the price performance

and the trashcan pro

I am pretty sure Samsung mostly use their patents for defensive purposes. Not like Apple that sues everyone left and right in an aggressive way.

OSX is a MUCH better OS than Windows. If OSX was open to use on any computer and there was more widespread support for OSX, I would switch in a heartbeat.

Want OS X with widespread support? It's called Linux. OS X takes advantage of all of the open source components that Linux uses. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Wow really mature arguing on this forum and some really good points were made, to be honest I'm really reevaluating my opinion on Macs haha but not yet :)

Maybe we're looking at different models, show me the ones you are looking at

http://shop.lenovo.com/de/de/laptops/lenovo/u-series/u430-touch/#tab-technische_daten

I think you have to change the language settings on the page to get it in english.

Something you need to consider is that you're comparing them spec to spec when thats not a fair comparison... They run entirely different. 

For example, my 2013 rMBP is actually FASTER in pretty much everything except gaming and rendering than my desktop--4670k @4.3ghz. Granted, all other specs aren't identical--my desktop has an old crucial M4 ssd and 8gb of ram vs. the pcie ssd and 16gb of ram...but if I were to get a new ssd with the same speeds as the pcie one in my mac the two would probably be about even in terms of speed. So, you really do need to be comparing computers by their performance, NOT their specs. Now, if you're getting a mac for gaming....well then you're just being stupid. 

I have to disagree with that statement, because they run the same hardware that's why you can directly compare them, they even both run intel. It's not like they run completely different memory types. If you buy 2 computers new normally specs directly translate into performance.Basically that is how we quantify that. There is nothing on a Mac you couldn't do with a pc, but the other way around, that isn't always true(although for the most parts that is different now).

I have to disagree with that statement, because they run the same hardware that's why you can directly compare them, they even both run intel. It's not like they run completely different memory types. If you buy 2 computers new normally specs directly translate into performance.Basically that is how we quantify that. 

But again, my 4700mq in my rMBP can compete with an overclocked 4670k. That alone shows that a direct spec to spec comparison is meaningless. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Wow really mature arguing on this forum and some really good points were made, to be honest I'm really reevaluating my opinion on Macs haha but not yet :)

http://shop.lenovo.com/de/de/laptops/lenovo/u-series/u430-touch/#tab-technische_daten

I think you have to change the language settings on the page to get it in english.

I have to disagree with that statement, because they run the same hardware that's why you can directly compare them, they even both run intel. It's not like they run completely different memory types. If you buy 2 computers new normally specs directly translate into performance.Basically that is how we quantify that. There is nothing on a Mac you couldn't do with a pc, but the other way around, that isn't always true(although for the most parts that is different now).

I meant from a retailer, i can't compare it without a price

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I meant from a retailer, i can't compare it without a price

Prices vary from location you live so it makes more sense for you to look it up on your sources.

But again, my 4700mq in my rMBP can compete with an overclocked 4670k. That alone shows that a direct spec to spec comparison is meaningless. 

As you already said Mac runs pcie ssds put a nice ssd in your other pc in it will perform similarily and still cost alot less then a Mac.

If you do stuff that is cpu or gpu intensive and doesn't rely on writing/reading to harddrives I think it is save to say that the 4670k will perform alot better.

I am pretty sure Samsung mostly use their patents for defensive purposes. Not like Apple that sues everyone left and right in an aggressive way.

samsung is just as bad as apple

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I call bullshit on that. How did you test it?

samsung is just as bad as apple

How? Remember, I am talking specifically about using patents to sue competitors, and Samsung has to be the ones starting the lawsuit, not just defending themselves by counter suing.

Prices vary from location you live so it makes more sense for you to look it up on your sources.

As you already said Mac runs pcie ssds put a nice ssd in your other pc in it will perform similarily and still cost alot less then a Mac.

If you do stuff that is cpu or gpu intensive and doesn't rely on writing/reading to harddrives I think it is save to say that the 4670k will perform alot better.

And the things i said originaly were true on my sources

I call bullshit on that. How did you test it?

I Opened up: Chrome, Safari, firefox, word, excel, and steam. And then load random web pages I've never loaded before. The mac was always faster. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I Opened up: Chrome, Safari, firefox, word, excel, and steam. And then load random web pages I've never loaded before. The mac was always faster. 

So you do not have any solid evidence, and most of the things you are doing is limited by your storage? That explains why you came to the conclusion that a much much slower CPU was somehow faster than the superior product.

So you do not have any solid evidence, and most of the things you are doing is limited by your storage? That explains why you came to the conclusion that a much much slower CPU was somehow faster than the superior product.

And if you account for the storage they'll have virtually the same performance. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I do not hate apple, nor dislike them as a company. I do however dislike their products, as they don't have the functionality I can get with a custom windows machine or an android phone.

Actually I do find them over-priced. The new Razer Blade Is a beast of a machine, especially for how thin & light it is, and it's much better performance wise than the equivalently priced MacBook Pro. And if bulk isn't a concern, you can get MONSTROUS performance for much cheaper than both.

I find the mac pro stupid regardless of your defense for it. I'm not in the position to buy a workstation right now, but I don't need a tiny system, nor all the external things it requires. I don't know about the pro marked it's aimed at, but it's lacking internal expansion kills it for me. With my desktop, I can expand to 7 HDDs, multiple GPUs, 2 CPUs , and whatever I need that can connect to PCI, like a capture card, RAID card, etc. I CAN add this stuff with a Mac Pro, but that requires a desk cluttered with peripherals I could have inside a PC.

Thirdly, I dislike MacOS for serious work. I actually like it for basic stuff like web browsing and such because it's simple and it has a nice UX (is that the right acronym?) I think. For serious work, I prefer windows. I like VisualStudio better than Xcode, and Windows has all the pro software like Premiere proand Pro Tools (I actually use Sonar, but that's beside the point) so I see no reason to use MacOS for production.

I also begin to miss the windows aero functions like drag to top for maximize, etc.

This one's obvious but gaming. Mac hardware usually lacks in the graphics department, and the lack of games for MacOS was actually the final straw for me buying a new laptop.

Finally, Their stuff is locked down. I owned an iPhone 4, and I must say after Jailbreaking it was great, however after switching to an LG G2 years later, I realized that Android let you do so much of the things I could do with my iPhone after jailbreaking without even rooting my device, and being one for customization I instantly loved that.

Keep in mind I have owned a MacBook pro, and multiple iPhones in the past, So I'm not rebroadcasting what I've heard, this is from experience.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

And the things i said originaly were true on my sources

If that is true then in your position a Mac truly makes sense. May I ask where you live? I'm just curious.

I think this image sums up Apple so much better than anything I could formulate:

XAbELjF.jpg

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

And if you account for the storage they'll have virtually the same performance. 

The point is still that you're trying to compare CPU performance by running programs that do barely taxes the CPU.

It's like testing 0-60 speed by checking how much fuel it used when driving a mile. It makes no sense. Transcode a video or something like that and you'll see CPU performance.

They run a butchered Linux Kernal.

They are locked down tight.

All the fan boys insist "ohh I don't need an antivirus its a MAC" ... WRONG.

They ARE overpriced for what they are.

*fishing line out*

----

ps - I don't hate Apple its just my reasons I Dislike them.

it's a unix kernal