What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia

they cant design a working phone for their lives

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

I think they arent overpriced IF you use them for work, or if you really need that power. If not, get a normal PC

I'd say they're more designed for home users who appreciate good design and a fluid OS.

they cant design a working phone for their lives

Sure.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

I don't mind apple products in general; but the thing that irks me off in their MacBook Pro Incarnations is how proprietary stuff is in there that jacks the cost like so high and limits any options for upgrades. Would really want to have that upgrade and customization options open especially for a MacBook because their Apple OS and their software whether in a Desktop or laptop environment is very solid from my experiences with PowerMac G5s back in Polytechnic. For example, the recent MacBook Pro with the GT 750M and the storage 512GB PCI-E is the only thing offered in that only dedicated GPU notebook is plain wallet burning.

In all honesty, I would love if Apple goes with a more traditional and well loved 128GB SSD plus HDD combo. Because who in the right mind would pay so much for 512GB of SSD space. I am gonna need a a laptop for school and I plan to use as a gaming replacement of my Clevo W110ER but cost of 512GB PCI-E? Hell no. At least allow users to back it up to 256GB SSD with an extra 2.5" Bay.

Main Machine: Core i7 2600K, 12GB RAM, GTX 970 SLI, P8P67M-PRO, Fractal Define R3, 250GB Samsung 850 EVO, 2TB WDC Green, Windows 10    Laptop: MBP 13" Retina 2014 Haswell: 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, OS X El Capitan

Piano Recording Rig: Compaq HP 6200 SFF Core i3 2100, 4GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Zotac GTX 750 Low Profile OC, Windows 7 Pro

Available Spare Parts: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

I'd say they're more designed for home users who appreciate good design and a fluid OS.

Sure.

post-89214-0-22545400-1404709327.jpg

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Sure.

Well... the Mac Pro is not overpriced, but the iMac its waaaay too expensive

Then again, other AIOs are pretty expensive and not as sexy or thin

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

• 4 weeks later...

2n6dk50.png

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

-snip-

That "hipster tech" is quite good considering. 

My 2013 rMBP can easily compete with my 4.3 ghz 4670k when it comes to anything except gaming/rendering. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1. Everything is proprietary

2. Less power for the price even if it may have enough

3. Locked down tight

4. Fanboyism

5.Bad business practices*

*All corporations have bad business practices but Apple is a more extreme example  

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I don't mind apple products in general; but the thing that irks me off in their MacBook Pro Incarnations is how proprietary stuff is in there that jacks the cost like so high and limits any options for upgrades. Would really want to have that upgrade and customization options open especially for a MacBook because their Apple OS and their software whether in a Desktop or laptop environment is very solid from my experiences with PowerMac G5s back in Polytechnic. For example, the recent MacBook Pro with the GT 750M and the storage 512GB PCI-E is the only thing offered in that only dedicated GPU notebook is plain wallet burning.

In all honesty, I would love if Apple goes with a more traditional and well loved 128GB SSD plus HDD combo. Because who in the right mind would pay so much for 512GB of SSD space. I am gonna need a a laptop for school and I plan to use as a gaming replacement of my Clevo W110ER but cost of 512GB PCI-E? Hell no. At least allow users to back it up to 256GB SSD with an extra 2.5" Bay.

There is no 2.5" drive bay let alone an extra one.

1. Everything is proprietary

2. Less power for the price even if it may have enough

3. Locked down tight

4. Fanboyism

5.Bad business practices*

*All corporations have bad business practices but Apple is a more extreme example

No, not everything is proprietary.

If all you care about is power for the dollar then not many computers will make you happy. Owning an apple product comes with a level service you won't see from anyone else. Somehow this never gets factored into the price. Both through personal experience and through word of mouth I have the firm opinion that Apple is all alone in really caring about having a happy customer. We've gone in for things that were our fault and not our fault. Always left with a resolution.

I will say they have good intent in locking things down. They want an expectation of a certain UX and that means locking things down. It's a different philosophy than other platforms. But I'd feel confident giving my kids an iPad and them having a safe experience. We went through an Android tablet and I've had to factory reset it 3 times and went through deleting apps that got downloaded more times than I can count. I just prefer the Apple ecosystem and have confidence in the total UX to prefer them over anything else.

Not sure what you mean by a bad business practice but these are businesses and they do mean to make money. I'm not ignorant of that. I just prefer a company that makes most of its money through device sales and not through data collection. 90% of Google's revenue is from ads (data collection). I think people who use their devices and services are basically paying google to spy on them and create data profiles on every user. With the NSA threat I don't think using a company's products which revolve around data collection as being a wise move. Everything they do and all the services they offer revolve around getting us to give up more of our lives which becomes a metric they can profit off of. Apple is not an advertising or data collection agency by design.

I don't like macs for 2 reasons. It is not coder/modder friendly and they run hot. Like so hot it feels like a stove top. For artistic and basic use macs are a god send, but for people who need to make things work the way they want them to they are a death trap. Do any alteration in software and it will not work. It's like Apple put in a subscript saying "if it doesn't look exactly like this then SELF DESTRUCT!!!!!" Using one when you are used to the freedom of Windows and Linux just feels oppressive.

I understand why people hate macs but at the same time they are very handy for certain users, such as a photography guru, obviously a more powerful pc at a lesser cost would ultimatley be better, but for certain people, my neighbours included, single form factor, easy operating system to navigate and TBH not that much that can go wrong

I don't hate them, I just wish they would make it an actual affordable thing, and have reasonable specs *cough*Discrete GPU*cough*.... 

Also "I dont need antivirus macs dont get viruses" *facedesk, facepalm faceeverything*  Just I'm out....

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

one thing .. build quality and good support is no excuse to raise the price that high, look at lenovo their built quality is amazing and if something breaks they will send someone over to fix it.

one thing .. build quality and good support is no excuse to raise the price that high, look at lenovo their built quality is amazing and if something breaks they will send someone over to fix it.

Their prices are not that high, i'm planning on buying a 13" Macbook Air, can you show me a better ultrabook for the same price?

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Yeah but pretty much all AIOs are a bad idea. It's not like you need the portability on a desktop

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I don't hate them, I just wish they would make it an actual affordable thing, and have reasonable specs *cough*Discrete GPU*cough*.... 

Also "I dont need antivirus macs dont get viruses" *facedesk, facepalm faceeverything*  Just I'm out....

The antivirus is a pretty solid argument, sure people can make OS X viruses but since windows is much more used, the vast majority of viruses are for windows. Though in this day and age it isn't that hard to avoid viruses even without virus protection.

Their prices are not that high, i'm planning on buying a 13" Macbook Air, can you show me a better ultrabook for the same price?

Lenovo IdeaPad U430 Touch blows the the Macbook away , and where I am at you save 200 dollars.

At work I run so many programs which are just for Windows. Mainly because the company manages all software accounts between hundreds of employees.

I am an engineer and my software tools are for Windows only. Lenovo, they are just awesome and I'm very happy with the build quality of them T430 and S440 what I have.

That mix of aluminum and magnesium body of the S440 really impressed me a lot. And it feels like a mac book pro.

Personally I have the money to buy Mac but I can't customise it at all. I want it to be configured for my needs. And the upgradeability is a huge factor for me.

My mindset is not just 'turn on computer; run software'

I love to tinker around the hardware, when I want to. But that doesn't mean that I tinker around the hardware everyday or even every month. I do stuff and be happy for like half a year and then

do something to it, maybe upgrade a component or two when something new and fancy comes to market.

For anti-virus, I pay for a license to have F-Secure up and running, haven't had a single problem with that.

I bought iPad Air for my parents last Chrismas and what I played with it I decided if I ever needed a tablet it would probably be an Apple product.

U avin a giggle m8?

i actually apple user but i STILL HATE ABOUT THE PRICE IT'S OVERPRICED

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Lenovo IdeaPad U430 Touch blows the the Macbook away , and where I am at you save 200 dollars.

Well.

The MBA has a better CPU

The MBA has a 128gb ssd while the lenovo has a 500gb hdd and an 8gb ssd...

The Lenovo does have 8gb ram versus the MBAs 4

The Macbook air has HD 5000 versus the Lenovos HD 4400

And the Macbook also holds other stuff over like better battery life, ac wifi ect...

So yeah the macbook air is the clear winner here