Earin earbuds, the future?

Chardin112

They look cool, and I can see a market for people who value convenience over audio quality. Like others, though, I'd be terrified of losing them.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Concept looks good. But the two main problems are: Battery life and audio quality. Battery life is quite short with 2.5h-3h. And audio quality will always suck due to Bluetooth, even with the better aptX codec, which they claim to use (but actually most phones don't...).

Error 404: Signature not found

Concept looks good. But the two main problems are: Battery life and audio quality. Battery life is quite short with 2.5h-3h. And audio quality will always suck due to Bluetooth, even with the better aptX codec, which they claim to use (but actually most phones don't...).

I dont think battery life is an issue (not just aimed you btw), rarely do I have earbuds in for like 3 hours in one sitting. As soon as you pop them into the carry cylinder thing they charge up again.

So Listen for 2 hours, pop them into the charger carry case as you go about your businsess, next time you pop them in, they are fully charged again

Its a really great concept, but they HAVE to sound at least as good as a 50$ pair of headphones... I would pay a 50$ premium for the wireless feature, but I do not want $100 wireles headphones that sound like the free ones I get with my device

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Jaybird already makes wireless IEM's that last longer than that.

How about no, headphones will always win IMO, no question.

Would look awfully silly walking around with headphones on your head. 

This is a more futuristic idea. There are quite a few large kinks that need to be worked out before they'll reign supreme. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Would look awfully silly walking around with headphones on your head. 

This is a more futuristic idea. There are quite a few large kinks that need to be worked out before they'll reign supreme. 

A lot of people do...often with beats but still, they do.  

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I dont think battery life is an issue (not just aimed you btw), rarely do I have earbuds in for like 3 hours in one sitting. As soon as you pop them into the carry cylinder thing they charge up again.

So Listen for 2 hours, pop them into the charger carry case as you go about your businsess, next time you pop them in, they are fully charged again

The problem is, that not only you have to remember to put them into the cylinder but also charge the cylinder. I listen to audio books somewhere between 15mins and 2h, depending on how much time I have.

Error 404: Signature not found

It's sad that most of the comments in here are about people losing the earbuds. Are you all really that irresponsible that you'd not care enough to lose $100 worth of hardware?

Cool idea but I'm waiting for these to get reviewed. I'd happily pay for these if they have good sound quality. 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

My real problem with these is that people wouldn't see them - one of the main reasons I wear in-ears whenever I go outside is so people assume I've got music on and don't talk to me :D

DROGON: Intel i5-4690K @ 3.5 GHz /// MSI Z97 Gaming 5 /// Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4GB @ 1600MHz /// EVGA GTX 780 Classified /// Phanteks Enthoo Pro /// Crucial MX100 512GB SSD /// Corsair AX760i /// Corsair H105 /// Corsair Vengeance K70 /// Corsair M45 /// Dell Ultrasharp U2414H /// Build log: completed

They look interesting, but there are some pretty good IEMs for ~$160, so we'll just have to wait and see.

IDK about you guys but I think these are the next big thing in terms or audio equipment. sure there are products like the bluebuds X, but they are bulky, heavy, and look like hearing-aids (just my opinion). these are super low profile, plus have a practical charging dock. this will make these awesome!

Can I just get speakers implanted into my ears already?

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

I would actually buy a product like this. Most headphone wires I own are annoying and make noise whenever I'm walking around my house. This is a great solution though it would have been cool if they could make them a bit bigger to fit a bigger battery.

No. Sorry. But I'm concerned about losing them if I was an owner.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Taking them out of yours would probably be annoying, you wont be able to use them for like 4 hours without recharging them probably, you'd loose them all the time.

If they can get those problems sorted out I'd happily buy a pair, I like less wires but realistically it's going to be more annoying that's worth.

I would love these. I'd just be afraid of losing them.

Hmm, that actually looks pretty neat. Wouldn't buy them, but it's cool to see.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Not a big fan of it.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I don't see how this would change my life unless they were water proof and you could swim with them.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

• 1 month later...

that necro 

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind the price if they had a little longer battery life but as is now i wouldn't buy especially for the price but they might be good just have to wait on reviews and the like before being to negative.