Apple releases cheaper iMac

Ate

It's only "objectively" overpriced when people like you exclude the cost of R&D for design, build materials, and OS.

Because those are obviously important when web browsing.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Then spend 200$ on that freaking case. Still the same price as this and 4 times faster.

That $200 case doesn't exist because no one has done the R&D Apple has.  If you bought a case that was that of an iMac it would be at least twice what you quoted.  You simply don't understand business and that the cost of iMacs has that built in.  You guys seem to thing everything revolves around the parts.  For such a smart group of people on this site, people can sure be dumb.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

To a lot of people looks ARE important.  lol  Why is that so fucking hard for you to grasp?  I guess the planet should consist only of people just like you with tastes and opinions of yours.  Wouldn't that be a blast.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Cause as much as one may hate apple. It's very hard to break, and rather intuitive for PC noobs. I have rarely had to fix something on her MBA, on her old W7 laptop, I was at it 24/7 =P

Drop it, tell me how hard it was to break. punch it, tell me how it fared. It's not harder to break than a custom desktop, that's for sure. and even if I broke my equivalent pc I could buy a new one and still have paid less. If you like the os, hackintosh that bad boy :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Some people enjoy the look of their products. The MBP for example is a very beautiful laptop and the iMac is something that can stand in a living room without looking like a PC with all the cables and so on. Aesthetically noone beats apple, especially for desktop application. I payed double for my Volco C30 over a comparible car as I like the R-Design and a Volvo will run 6x as long as some ricer. [My v40 1996 died after 450'000km] =P

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

The reason most of the posts here are aginst Apple is because people here are tech literates, aka know what they're talking about when referring to hardware. Try entering a supermarket and asking the first person you find what he/she thinks of Apple. 70% of the time they'll tell you they're the best brand and they make the best stuff. Don't defend brands because nobody else does, it's not a very good reason...

you say switching to an iphone from your nexus 5 would make no difference, and while hardwarewise that's pretty accurate you'd find yourself with the price of a second nexus five gone from your pockets. The problem with Apple is not the quality of their products, it's never been. The problem is the price of their stuff and their attitude of "you don't need to know the specs, just know it's better than everything else" they adopt in their commercials (plus the way they advertize software functions others had for years as innovative and something they came up with themselves). If this iMac was priced at 600$, it would be a good purchase and I'd recommend it. Unfortunately it's 500$ more than that. For 600$ you get this but with less ram, less graphics power and without a screen (mac mini), which is bs.

I'm not criticizing Apple because it's them, trust me, I know better than discriminating products based on brand.

There is no problem with the price of just Apple products. They cost the same amount that anyone else charges. An unlocked 5s costs $650 and S5 costs $660 and an HTC One M8 costs $640. A macbook costs just as  much as anyone else selling a laptop of similar quality. If Apple has a problem than everyone else has a problem. And there you go again. A couple of posts ago, you said that if you were complaining about an HP, I wouldn't have a problem and I said that you wouldn't complain about HP. But look at your last post. You're only complaining about Apple when everyone has the problem. Then there attitude is the one that many should try to approach. The common person has no idea what quad core is or dual core. But yet Samsung is advertising their 2.3ghz Quad core Snapdragon with 3gbs of ram. The average guy knows nothing about tech so that makes no sense, yet suddenly they subconsciously begin to think that more ghz and more ram is what makes a phone good, when it isn't. This is why the average guy thinks that an 8 core AMD chip is better than an i7. Same thing with Apple. Their new A7 absolutely shits on anything that anyone else has made. This isn't me being a fanboy, this is just a fact. Its not because its 64 bit or any bs like that, but just because its architecture is more advanced(which I find rather sad considering it destroys a Snapdragon 800 while the guys at Snapdragon are dedicating their whole lives to building a chip). And the most amazing part is that it is still dual core. But because its dual core and only 1.3ghz, the average consumer thinks instantly that the S5 is better because its clocked higher and has twice the cores even though it is way faster. In my opinion the average consumer doesn't need to know all this because to them its just misleading. What they should know is that its x% faster. Hell, they don't even need to know that, they just need to know that the experience can't be any smoother. That said, if a tech fanatic wants to know about the specs, than he should, and he can directly from Apple. And now, I may actually seem like a fanboy, but I'm not. I just praise a company when I see good work. I'm not saying Apple doesn't have its flaws, but the one thing that impresses me so much  about is that little A7 they have, yet they don't even advertise it and how much faster it is than the competition because they know that it shouldn't matter, and that the product will speak for itself when its used.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  That's fucking hilarious.  You think that cooler master case looks as good as an iMac and is as innovative and well built as an iMac.  You're truly blinded my friend.

There is no problem with the price of just Apple products. They cost the same amount that anyone else charges. An unlocked 5s costs $650 and S5 costs $660 and an HTC One M8 costs $640. 

You're confusing the chicken with the egg: Most companies that now greatly overcharge for hardware took their queue from apple: Without them nobody would ever dream of releasing a smartphone over 400 bucks and we would still have 720p resolutions at best for flagship mobiles.

As far as pc hardware goes they've gotten a bit better, but they still put fashion and form over function, case and point, their trash can PC: there's no need for professional designers and content creators to get that form factor for a workstation PC, in fact it only creates more issues than it solves vs a proper Tower desktop cabinet with standard form factor pieces that are much easier to upgrade.

-------

Current Rig

-------

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  That's fucking hilarious.  You think that cooler master case looks as good as an iMac and is as innovative and well built as an iMac.  You're truly blinded my friend.

They can't all be copycats like your precious 440

-------

Current Rig

-------

You're confusing the chicken with the egg: Most companies that now greatly overcharge for hardware took their queue from apple: Without them nobody would ever dream of releasing a smartphone over 400 bucks and we would still have 720p resolutions at best for flagship mobiles.

As far as pc hardware goes they've gotten a bit better, but they still put fashion and form over function, case and point, their trash can PC: there's no need for professional designers and content creators to get that form factor for a workstation PC, in fact it only creates more issues than it solves vs a proper Tower desktop cabinet with standard form factor pieces that are much easier to upgrade.

It's not Apple's fault that everyone else it a follower and that they have to set the standard. If I go jump off a bridge, its not my fault if you do the same. As for hardware, yes the new pro is stupid, but thats just one of their lineups that never sold well in the first place. I feel that their other consumer line ups aren't bad

The general consumer for office work is more than fine with a 300$ prebuilt generic pc bought at a retailer. they certainly don't have any reason to spend 1100$ on a mac, especially with those terrible specs. a desktop grade pentium is probably faster than that i5. Those who buy a mac for pure office work don't know anything about tech and assume more expensive and shiny = better, even if they don't know why they just think it will be generally faster and do things better. There is no reason to spend twice as much for the same hardware, no matter what you use it for. you're right, I can't decide if it has a right to sell or not, tht might have been inappropriate, but hey, I don't believe anyone should buy it, for their own good. Ok, it's my opinion, and I should have said so.

But have you though about the situation where a business bases all their work off Apple computers? As an example, my local bank uses all iMacs in their branches most likely because of the internal software and programs they use. Could it be done with windows based PCs? Yes. But they choose to use Macs. So, when they go to open  a new branch or need new computers, this $1000 iMac will save them money.   

laptop chips

most affordable Mac yet☺ I would really consider this if I'm in the market for a new office desktop, for the simplicity and design, other AIO is shit

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

They can't all be copycats like your precious 440

440 looks nothing like a mac

It's not Apple's fault that everyone else it a follower and that they have to set the standard. 

Under that mentality then Ponzi schemes should all be legal, is not my fault people are fucking idiots and fall for my schemes for me to steal their money, right?

Wrong, but I don't care to discuss it further, let's just disagree.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Lol, you spent $35 on a case.  You think people who buy iMacs have shitty taste like you?  They want something that looks good.

The point was that you can choose a better case if you want. Want something that look good, get an H440. I didn't tell you to buy this case, just an example of what could be a viable alternative.

But have you though about the situation where a business bases all their work off Apple computers? As an example, my local bank uses all iMacs in their branches most likely because of the internal software and programs they use. Could it be done with windows based PCs? Yes. But they choose to use Macs. So, when they go to open  a new branch or need new computers, this $1000 iMac will save them money.   

Hahaha, no. They might use all macs for the consumer facing stations because they want that hip image and stuff but people doing actual banking related stuff? Yeah they're definitely on PCs on some office building somewhere else. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Under that mentality then Ponzi schemes should all be legal, is not my fault people are fucking idiots and fall for my schemes for me to steal their money, right?

Wrong, but I don't care to discuss it further, let's just disagree.

lol you don't want to discuss it because you know that that has nothing to do with what I said and that you know I'm right. What do Ponzi schemes have to do with anything?? what does that have to do with Apple setting a standard? 

The point was that you can choose a better case if you want. Want something that look good, get an H440. I didn't tell you to buy this case, just an example of what could be a viable alternative.

Because an H440 has the looks and R&D behind it that an iMac AIO case does.  What you provided isn't even close to a viable alternative.  

Well these iMacs aren't really marketed to the self builder type so they're hating a product that isn't relevant to them at all which makes no sense, just ignore it  ;)

I would build my own of course, and Hackintosh it if I wanted it.

But for people like my mum that just want a computer that works, doesn't require any technical knowhow to use and setup and has good assistance if needed is ideal. And they tend to last quite a while from what I've seen. It's never iMac AIOs coming into the shop I work in with dead motherboards and the like.

All I can say is that Apple makes things that work, they work well, and work when you need them to. Same with the iPhone. 

Who cares how people spend THEIR money? It doesn't have anything to do with you.

I have an iMac. It's a beautiful looking computer and it gets a decent chunk of use. I also rock one of (if not) the fastest computers on the forum. 

Why did I buy it? Because it's very minimalist. Looks good. Performs well. I paid for the company name and the design of the computer. It's thin, small footprint.. Also because I'm a real computer guy and don't discriminate on brands like you posers (take that lightly)

If I was to break down peoples computers in this thread based on what people are critiquing Apple over.. You'd run and hide in shame. So stop being little dicks. You guys really do sound idiotic.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide