for longevity, no.. opps moments, yes, but not many times. the voltage and temperature degradation

will eventually harm the chip and slowly or completely stop functioning properly.

most motherboards have a fail-safe built-in to the CPU_FAN header. depending on what CPU

is installed, the TJMax is loaded into BIOS and when a high-temperature failure occurs, the PC

will shutdown to prevent any further possible damage. most over-ride that feature and monitor

the temperatures remotely.

airdeano

Swiftech and their rabid fanboys will tell you the H220 can adequately cool a cpu and a gpu

I would be more cautious about connecting two heat sources to a small bit of metal.

I'm no fanboy, I've never used anything from Swiftech before, but it's a fact that the H220 is managing to cool my CPU and GPU perfectly fine and with just the stock rad. I'm yet to be provided with evidence that this is not possible.

That's because "adequately" is subjective. Sure it will work but in comparison to a full loop it will perform notably worse.

It will keep a graphics card as cool as it was with air cooling but without the fan noise would be my best description.

My loop cools far better than it did on air, CPU temps are around 10°C cooler and GPU temps are down at least 20°C at far higher clock speeds and voltages. It's also quieter which I value highly.

The H220 is the best all-in-one solution if you plan not to take it apart.

The H220 is a bad custom solution and you will be better going with a custom loop for a marginally higher price.

Does that answer your question?

I wouldn't call £100+ marginally higher, my H220 loop was £230 (not including fans) so that's around 2/3 the cost of a completely custom loop.

I wouldn't call £100+ marginally higher, my H220 loop was £230 (not including fans) so that's around 2/3 the cost of a completely custom loop.

Its about the same price if you bought part to rival the H220. Don't have time to make a list now for a loop of the same price but will do in the future.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Would a H100 defeat an H220?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Would a H100 defeat an H220?

Nope. :)

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Its about the same price if you bought part to rival the H220. Don't have time to make a list now for a loop of the same price but will do in the future.

It's not, I looked into it before deciding on the H220. If we look at just the H220 it comes to around £120 for a pump, CPU block, rad, res, and fans (I won't count the coolant and tubing as they'll likely be disposed of with any expansion). A CPU block is going to be at least £30, pump is £20 and top is £15, rad is £30, some decent fans will be £30, and say £15 for a res, that's a total of £20 going with the cheapest of the cheap and not including delivery. Prices do seem to have dropped since I last looked or I was just looking somewhere else that didn't stock the cheaper stuff (I remember the pump being around £50 and the same for the rad), but the point still stands that the H220 is cheaper. When the performance will be pretty much the same and you get the convenience of the smaller size there isn't really a reason to go for the more expensive option.

It's not, I looked into it before deciding on the H220. If we look at just the H220 it comes to around £120 for a pump, CPU block, rad, res, and fans (I won't count the coolant and tubing as they'll likely be disposed of with any expansion). A CPU block is going to be at least £30, pump is £20 and top is £15, rad is £30, some decent fans will be £30, and say £15 for a res, that's a total of £20 going with the cheapest of the cheap and not including delivery. Prices do seem to have dropped since I last looked or I was just looking somewhere else that didn't stock the cheaper stuff (I remember the pump being around £50 and the same for the rad), but the point still stands that the H220 is cheaper. When the performance will be pretty much the same and you get the convenience of the smaller size there isn't really a reason to go for the more expensive option.

It is. When I get some spare time I may even attempt to physically make a loop that is cheaper and better than a H220.

All I can say is I made my first loop that had the best components you could get for £120. It was second hand but I am sure its possible to get a lower tier of components at that price.