Raid 0 question

dev893

Will two 5400 RPM drives in raid 0 perform faster than a single 7200rpm drive? I know it's not a reliable tool but right now my 7200RPM SATA 2 drive only rates 5.3 in WEI or 35 in Nova Bench bench mark tool

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

you wont get higher then 5.3 with raid 0, it only goes higher if you have an SSD

( If I remember correctly)

If anything you might gain more hardrive space if you raid 0 ( depending if you have like 2 1tb 5400rpm drives compared to your 1tb 7200 drive)

Yea, if free 2 x 5800rpm is better than one 5800, not sure if better than one 7200 rpm but probably close depending on the drives specs. Again if free go for it, you have nothing to lose, well unless you save valuable data on it and they go, backups man, backups.

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Yea, if free 2 x 5800rpm is better than one 5800, not sure if better than one 7200 rpm but probably close depending on the drives specs. Again if free go for it, you have nothing to lose, well unless you save valuable data on it and they go, backups man, backups.

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

All I do is gaming not storing anything else I'm just sick of how loud my 7200RPM HDD is and I don't have the money for a SSD plus My Motherboard doesn't support SATA 3 any ways so it would be a waist since I wouldn't be getting the full performance

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American