Samsung SSDs

Go to solution Solved by nixproducer,

So I did the right choice to get the EVO ? :D

yes in my opinion you did

So, I need a little bit of help on this one, what is the main difference of a Samsung SSD 840 EVO and a Samsung SSD 840 Pro?

The look simmular but the pro seems more pro ... ?

post-85943-0-80065500-1402944606.jpgpost-85943-0-36597300-1402944609_thumb.j

post-85943-0-80065500-1402944606.jpg

post-85943-0-36597300-1402944609_thumb.j

Sorry for terrible English, I'm Norwegian   :D

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz | Motherboard: Old MSI Thing | RAM: 2x4GB | GPU: Old Nvidia 8800 GT Card | Case: Old Antex Thing THAT IS F*CKING luod! | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO + 2x 80GB Western Digital | PSU: Old Blonze Plus 500W | Cooling: Stock Fans
CPU: | Motherboard: | RAM: A | GPU: | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Arctic White | Storage: A | PSU: | Cooling: A
Headphones: HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset | Speakers: Logitech Speaker System Z323
Displays: 2x BenQ 24" LED GL2450HE (on a AX Double Monitor Stand (AXM4100) | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 + Razer Manticor (and sometimes Corsair MM600)
Old/Reserve Pheripherals: SteelSeries Frost Blue Gaming Gear (Headset, Mousepad and Mouse) Webcam: Micosoft LiveCam Studio Business | Consoles: Wii + Play Station 3 + Play Station 4

So, I need a little bit of help on this one, what is the main difference of a Samsung SSD 840 EVO and a Samsung SSD 840 Pro?

Pro is a little faster and comes with transfer software if i remember correctly

the pro has more write cycles which would be faster at booting and it also has MLC flash, and the EVO has TLC flash and less write cycles but it is still very fast i have an EVO 250gb myself 

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

the pro has more write cycles which would be faster at booting and it also has MLC flash, and the EVO has TLC flash and less write cycles but it is still very fast i have an EVO 250gb myself 

Seems legit ;)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz | Motherboard: Old MSI Thing | RAM: 2x4GB | GPU: Old Nvidia 8800 GT Card | Case: Old Antex Thing THAT IS F*CKING luod! | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO + 2x 80GB Western Digital | PSU: Old Blonze Plus 500W | Cooling: Stock Fans
CPU: | Motherboard: | RAM: A | GPU: | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Arctic White | Storage: A | PSU: | Cooling: A
Headphones: HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset | Speakers: Logitech Speaker System Z323
Displays: 2x BenQ 24" LED GL2450HE (on a AX Double Monitor Stand (AXM4100) | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 + Razer Manticor (and sometimes Corsair MM600)
Old/Reserve Pheripherals: SteelSeries Frost Blue Gaming Gear (Headset, Mousepad and Mouse) Webcam: Micosoft LiveCam Studio Business | Consoles: Wii + Play Station 3 + Play Station 4

I don't think it's actually faster anymore...it's relatively old, but the PRO is made for longevity instead of speed

I'm not 100% sure on that though

Oh?

I don't think it's actually faster anymore...it's relatively old, but the PRO is made for longevity instead of speed

Ahh maybe it's the evo that is faster then

The EVO also comes with the transfer software and all that, frankly I see no reason to get the pro :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

the EVO comes with transfer software too

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

The EVO also comes with the transfer software and all that, frankly I see no reason to get the pro :P

the EVO comes with transfer software too

yes in my opinion you did

attachicon.gifSSD840EVO_007_Dynamic_Black.jpgattachicon.gif162601.jpg

The Pro version has:

Longer lifespan

Faster speed (on 120-128gb versions)

And that's pretty much it!

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

The Pro version has:

Longer lifespan

Faster speed (on 120-128gb versions)

And that's pretty much it!

But the Pro is more expensive, but it's not worth it  ;)

But the Pro is more expensive, but it's not worth it  ;)

Yep, pretty much.

I'm gonna add a 250 or 500gb version of the EVO to my system after this summer some-time i hope :)

It's only worth the extra price tag if you want it too last longer.

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

Yep, pretty much.

I'm gonna add a 250 or 500gb version of the EVO to my system after this summer some-time i hope :)

It's only worth the extra price tag if you want it too last longer.

Yeah, I'm most likely gonna build a new system before that time anyway ;)

Yeah, I'm most likely gonna build a new system before that time anyway  ;)

Wait what :o

I can take your cpu and mobo then xD

Wait what :o

I can take your cpu and mobo then xD

:P Didn't notice you were from Norway <3

:P Didn't notice you were from Norway <3

Norway represent! :D

Or you could get MX100, which is much cheaper than EVO and has better MLC flash :)

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian