R.A.T 7 / R.A.T 9 / Ouroboros???

smickoi

Hey guys I'm due for a new gaming mouse and really liked the R.A.T 7 or 9 however they seem to be getting some really mixed reviews in terms of reliability. Also the new Ouroboros seems good esp cause the battery is a rechargeable AA. I don't have the biggest hands so I wanted to get something that's customisable and comfy.

Has anyone used any of these and recommend one over the other??

well I never use it before, but I personally would get Razer Ouroboros, based on review it has:

-neat looking (because i don't really interest on R.A.T's robotic look)

-a good firmware which synapse 2.0

-changeable grip

-and more importantly the sensor (I don't know how R.A.T censor does)

more or less, it depends on what you look the best

Well I've only had my RAT 7 for a month now but its pretty cool so far.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I've got the RAT 5 and I like it though it can be hard sometimes to get it feeling nice in my hand. Personally I would got for the ouroboros just because it is newer and looks like you can get a better grip more easily.

My friend has a RAT 7 . After one slight knock to the table the base of the mouse bent. Now the mouse rocks from side-to-side, so i'm guessing it does not have the best build quality.

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

I just went down to my local computer shop, saw the RAT 7 on the shelf for cheaper than internet prices, and having gone in for a general look around, came out with my brand new mouse :D The RAT 7 is very nice, and a fair bit cheaper than the Ouroboros. Sure its a bit delicate, but if you are careful I bet it will last ages. Comes with alternate panels, some with thick rubber padding on them, very nice. The more recent version has smaller, tidier packaging than the first version. I have to say I was very sceptical about getting one, but it is very, very comfortable, it just fits. If you want a RAT, get the 7, its a very nice mouse :) As well as this it no longer comes with a CD but says in Linus' own words: "download the latest drivers from the Mad Catz website" I hope this helps.

I just got the Razer Ouroboros, and I am enjoy it. It's fully customizable to fit my small hand and the best part is the wide side panels that doesn't let your thumb/pinky drag on the mousepad. My previous mice was the 2013 Mamba, the mamba was too big for me.

Don't forget to try the pinky rest, I like a ton!

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Thanks heaps guys, I think I'm gonna go for the Ouroboros cause it's newer :) hope it's good lol

Love my R.A.T. 7, but the Ouroboros seems pretty good as well. Just like the options of customizability, I change up my weight and grip depending on game.

I'd stay away from the RAT series, I have the RAT5 some I'm not blindly hating. Just the gamble you take on getting a working RAT isn't worth it. If you are really set on getting one you are kind of rolling the dice.

well I have a rat 5 mouse and I love it. about 3 people semi regularly game on my computer, me and my two nephews all have different hand sizes and the adjustments are great for keeping everyone comfortable. the only problem I am having is after about a year of daily use I nicked one of the feet and I need to buy a new set but that is my fault.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

My friend has a RAT 7 . After one slight knock to the table the base of the mouse bent. Now the mouse rocks from side-to-side, so i'm guessing it does not have the best build quality.
how slight of a knock was it? I am sitting here looking at the 1/8" thick aluminum base on my R.A.T. 5 just thinking that had to be one hell of a knock.
Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

Haha. It was actually not that hard which is why we were surprised that it bent. I was however able to straighten it yesterday. So no biggie :)

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

I have a RAT 7 from 3 years back works like new, built like a tank, and extremely comfortable.

If your mind isn't 100% on either 3 and your flexible you could look at a G400, or on Ebay you can buy a Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse. Using my MS Optical Wheel Mouse right now, these things are easily worth the $15ish price tag the sensor is great I've had mine since about 04/05 and it still works fine to this day they're not the kind of thing that will break very easily but if you're looking for a mouse with extra buttons look for a IEM 3.0 pretty much identical to MS Optical Wheel Mouse just with more buttons.

If your mind isn't 100% on either 3 and your flexible you could look at a G400, or on Ebay you can buy a Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse. Using my MS Optical Wheel Mouse right now, these things are easily worth the $15ish price tag the sensor is great I've had mine since about 04/05 and it still works fine to this day they're not the kind of thing that will break very easily but if you're looking for a mouse with extra buttons look for a IEM 3.0 pretty much identical to MS Optical Wheel Mouse just with more buttons.
or a razer deathadder

MY BUILD CONSISTS OF

• Case: Corsair 600T White Edition
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.50GHz
  • HSF: Corsair H100
  • GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 580 DirectCU II
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB)
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth P67 B3 Revision
  • SSD: SanDisk Extreme Solid State Drive 120GB
  • HDD1: Western Digital Black 500GB (Storage)
  • HDD2: Western Digital 320GB (Music)
  • HDD3: Toshiba 120GB (SSD Backup)
  • PSU: SilverStone Strider Plus 850w