Rack servers maximum storadge?

tom564

Not really sure if this is the right section, sorry if it is not.

I am planning a home server setup and was considering purchasing a rack server of ebay  for virtulisation lab enviroment and game server hosting but the technical specification of many of the servers i have seen have a maximum capacity of 1TB - 1.5TB 

for example

http://gyazo.com/7991e934e377647f7e2c75fa49da10c2 (cant post images)

My question is why is there a limited storadge capacity? and is it just for the originall configuration and i can add higher capacity drives or is it the maximum amount of storage that it would work with?

Thanks, Tom

You can replace drives as you see fit, but a 1U server can only hold a few drives.

I think you are better off looking for a bigger machine if you seek more drive bays.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

2 things to look at.

-Available HDD Bays on that model.... (it's a 1u so I doubt it can hold more than 3 drives)

-Internal Raid card 

Judging by the specs of that server it looks pretty low budget. Suitable as a home server but I would question the performance of it as a game server.

Thanks for the fast response, yeh that specification was just the first I found was just clarifying that i can put as much storage as I can fit in it/has ports for, as I did not want to purchase something that i could use as a file server and only be able to have 1TB of storage.