Which one is it?

sdhdok

I need help determining if my pcie wifi card is messed up, or if its the wireless modem?
When i go to device manager and disable than re-enable my wifi card some times it goes back up to full bars connectivity (were it always used to be until recently), but when i unplug and re-plug my modem the bars also go back up to 100 percent every time. I have no idea what's wrong.

I need help determining if my pcie wifi card is messed up, or if its the wireless modem?

When i go to device manager and disable than re-enable my wifi card some times it goes back up to full bars connectivity (were it always used to be until recently), but when i unplug and re-plug my modem the bars also go back up to 100 percent every time. I have no idea what's wrong.

What is the model number of the PCI-E card and modem?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

What is the model number of the PCI-E card and modem?

the pcie adapter is a TP-Link TL-WN881ND       and the modem is a technicolor tg587n v3 

The modem could be overheating. Do you have any other WIFI devices to test with with it?

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

the pcie adapter is a TP-Link TL-WN881ND       and the modem is a technicolor tg587n v3 

I think it's the wifi adaptor. I used to use the same model, had consistant slowdowns and network drops, switched to the overkill of a router in bridge mode, and it no longer drops out.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I think it's the wifi adaptor. I used to use the same model, had consistant slowdowns and network drops, switched to the overkill of a router in bridge mode, and it no longer drops out.

The thing is only 5 months old, i mean it was only like 30 bucks but still. It only started dropping recently, would you seriously recommend i buy a different adapter as opposed to getting a replacement of this model under warranty? 

The modem could be overheating. Do you have any other WIFI devices to test with with it?

A phone and a laptop.

The thing is only 5 months old, i mean it was only like 30 bucks but still. It only started dropping recently, would you seriously recommend i buy a different adapter as opposed to getting a replacement of this model under warranty? 

I'd suggest maybe returning it and looking into a USB wifi adaptor of some sort if you can. If not, you could try replacing it.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11