Parts List for ULTIMATE 4K Gaming PC Build Guide

No it does. It's just hard to find. I got mine at NCIX. 

Edit: Oh wait I think the red ones are non-pwm. But that's how much it doesn't matter lol. Didn't even notice. 

Well, it may does not matter to you but I kinda refuse to buy non-PWM fans in 2014 :P

Anyway thank you for the info ;)

that's his pebble smartwatch

but I wonder where did he put his other watch he had recently changed for pebble for some time

wasn't good enough to make a review about it?

could mention it on the wan show like the s5

I just noticed that he is not actually wearing the same watch throughout the video. I know about the pebble, but I can't seem to figure out the other one. Try looking at the watch he is wearing at around 12:50 - 13:00. Looks really nice and its orange in some places as well, that's probably why I didn't notice that there are two different watches the first time.

I don't get the point of 4k atm. I mean, if those cards can't run it at a solid 60 plus, then there really is not point. I wouldn't sacrifice that much performance for a bit of eye candy tbh. Nice build, I just don't think it has a place. I would rather run at 2560x1440 on those same cards.

And 2000 posts. Saaaweeeeettt

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I just noticed that he is not actually wearing the same watch throughout the video. I know about the pebble, but I can't seem to figure out the other one. Try looking at the watch he is wearing at around 12:50 - 13:00. Looks really nice and its orange in some places as well, that's probably why I didn't notice that there are two different watches the first time.

It's a Cogito Classic. I'm only using it to try it out. I may not even review it if i don't like it.

found it!

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

I feel the need to correct Linus and the crew on a specific thing you said in this video Linus: At 13:36 in this video you talk about how the R9-290X uses 100W more power under load than a 780TI would, that my friend is baloney. It merely uses around 20W more. And 20W as we all know is nothing

Sources: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2014/03/11/sapphire-radeon-r9-290x-tri-x-oc-review/8

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_radeon_r9_290x_matrix_review,11.html

There's more but i don't feel like digging around to prove such a basic point.

I do however see this as an unacceptable thing to say and do, with such a large audience it's your responsibility to keep your viewers informed as best you can with real facts. With this large of an audience you might very well hurt a company based of your own ideas. 

If there's anything i missed that you said or i whooshed hard do tell me however

This

Calling out Linus right now!

heuheuhue 

Ryzen 7600X | MSI Trio X 3080 | 3440x1440p asus vg34vql1b | Antec HCG 850 | 1TB WD Blue SSD | 500GB Aorus Elite | Asus B650 Strix A

Video Card: Dual GeForce GTX 780 Ti Reference Cards in SLI

top lel

He forgot a Optional Step which I highly recommend, and that is disabling CSM in the UEFI (CSM stands for Compatibility Support Module, which allows you to boot legacy/BIOS mode devices) under the boot setting, what this allows you to do is install Windows in UEFI mode, with benefits such as allowing more than 4 primary partitions per disk due to the GUID partition table versus the MBR partition table.

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

would wait 4930k is only 6 cores/12threads for same price as 5930k will be. Haswell-Extreme 5930k which will be 8 cores/16threads supposed to be coming out September along with X99 Motherboard and Crucial is releasing DDR4 ram in August.

5930K is also only a 6core. Only the 5960x is an 8 core, and is about twice the price. The performance between the 4930K and 5930K is .1Ghz, and the 4930K can be overclocked plenty high, the 5930K is basically just a bit more efficient. DDR4 will likely be ridiculously expensive, and many of the DDR4 speeds can be achieved with DDR3 overclocking.

I thought about waiting for a 5930K, but noticed that a lot of the "new stuff" isn't really anything spectacular and there wouldn't be much of a reward for buying new technology that isn't amazingly better than what is already available with majority of the kinks worked out, and I also wanted to get my pc built before school started while I had extra spending money to do so, so I pulled the trigger on the 4930K, but I also did so for reasons other than gaming, and I don't plan on playing at 4K, only 3440x1440.

Come on, 32 gb? More like, why ONLY 32 gb! That thing has 8 DIMM slots, you won't want to add 4 more sticks later of unmatched memory, just fill it up with 64gb from the beginning. If you're spending nearly 5 grand, what's another few hundred bucks? Just because a computer is a 'gaming' pc doesn't mean it can't be used for other stuff. I can't be the only person who has ever used my 16gb by running multiple VMs at once in my 'gaming' PC.

Is a single 870 or 880 speculated to be able to handle 4k at ~60FPS on modern titles?

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

Is a single 870 or 880 speculated to be able to handle 4k at ~60FPS on modern titles?

Very doubtful, at least not with all eye candy. It won't be much faster than the 770 or 780 (maybe 10% from what I've seen), just cooler and more efficient.

Are you threatening me?!

Come on, 32 gb? More like, why ONLY 32 gb! That thing has 8 DIMM slots, you won't want to add 4 more sticks later of unmatched memory, just fill it up with 64gb from the beginning. If you're spending nearly 5 grand, what's another few hundred bucks? Just because a computer is a 'gaming' pc doesn't mean it can't be used for other stuff. I can't be the only person who has ever used my 16gb by running multiple VMs at once in my 'gaming' PC.

That was my thought too, RAM is comparatively cheap and decent 8GB chips are hovering around $60-70 each from major brands.

Are you threatening me?!

Very doubtful, at least not with all eye candy. It won't be much faster than the 770 or 780 (maybe 10% from what I've seen), just cooler and more efficient.

The 8xx series isn't getting the 20mn die shrink right, so along with efficiency improvements that second-gen Maxwell will bring, I think it'd be better to hold off to the 9xx series as a 980 should boss 1440p, and do well at 4K (especially in SLI).

And since NVidia are cutting down on the cards they produce (no more GTS and they seem to have stopped the GT series, along with less 'Ti' branded cards) I reckon there will only be a 980Ti, 980, 970 and 960, with the top two for 4K, the 970 for 1440 and 1080p and the 960 for 1080p (maybe 1440p) and also as the 'entry level' gaming card. It's got to a point where the only challenges are 4K and Logan's heavily modded Skyrim @ 1440p. Until 1080p is ditched I think good performance will be going for low prices. I'm guessing a 960 would beat a 770 and maybe an 870 when the 8xx come out.

Wow, I went on a massive tangent :P lol

Wow, I went on a massive tangent :P lol

I'm probably in possession of a HD 6950 and it's bottlenecking my system, so I want to upgrade as soon as the next generation comes out and waiting an extra year feels like too much with all the good games coming out beginning '15. Is it really going to be then unimpressive? ;/

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

I am very curious to this question as I cannot seem to find reliable benchmarks myself searching the googles. Anyways, I believe Linus opted for the 2011 board because it can run SLI cards at the x16 bandwidth for both cards at the same time. Most of the popular z87 and z97 boards can only run SLI with the 1 card @ x 16 and the other card @x8. When running 4k gaming rigs will this make a big difference?

I am very curious to this question as I cannot seem to find reliable benchmarks myself searching the googles. Anyways, I believe Linus opted for the 2011 board because it can run SLI cards at the x16 bandwidth for both cards at the same time. Most of the popular z87 and z97 boards can only run SLI with the 1 card @ x 16 and the other card @x8. When running 4k gaming rigs will this make a big difference?

Actually most of the z87 and z97 boards will run both cards at x8 since they only have 16 lanes from the CPU. Some boards have a PLX chip that provides more lanes but adds some latency. PCI-E 3.0 x8 is enough bandwidth for a single 4k monitor easily.

hey linus why 4 32 gb g skill while the motherboard max ram is 64 gb

It is 4x8 GB for a total of 32 GB.

32 GB of RAM on a single stick does not exist (yet).

it exist look at the amazon

Ok but then I think you mistyped your first question: that 4 before "32 GB" is a mistype?

Are you asking why only 32 GB on a 64 GB capable mobo? Sorry but that 4 is misleading xD

Anyway 64 GB of RAM is a huuuuuuge overkill. It is very unlikely that you will ever use 32 GB, so adding 32 more is a total waste.

My favourite thing about the phone is the massive 1440p display and I LOVE the buttons on the back!

My favourite thing about the phone is the massive 1440p display and I LOVE the buttons on the back!

You are definitely posting in the wrong topic xD