Parts List for ULTIMATE 4K Gaming PC Build Guide

But was uploaded at 1080p :P

or I actually think maximum is 2K or something, cuz Ive seen that. But not many editing softwares can render so good

The non pro ones are actually pretty bad especially for radiators. They are not pressure optimized and the Pro ones have been out for a long time and they are just as "proven" and even more so than the non pros. 

Non-Pros cooled better on a heatsink than Pro version and with less noise accordingly to this:

http://www.eteknix.com/bitfenix-spectre-pro-pwm-and-spectre-led-fan-reviews/

I also read on some forums that Spectre Pros are noticeably louder than average fan.

Can you confirm or deny this? I'm looking for a fan (both 120 and 140mm) with red LEDs (as bright as possible and not Enermax Vegas, don't like those "light lines" effect on blades) and a good performance/noise ratio (CM JetFlo and Corsair AF LED was discarded because of noise).

I was doubting too if Spectre are better or not to Spectre Pros. Ironically both Slick and Linus use Spectre Pros while "the internet" prefer Spectre non-Pro. So I'm reeeeeealy confused xD

or I actually think maximum is 2K or something, cuz Ive seen that. But not many editing softwares can render so good

Nah if you look at Tech of Tomorrow's videos they are all in 4k now

This video SCREAMS Nvidia fanboy. 

Ryzen 7600X | MSI Trio X 3080 | 3440x1440p asus vg34vql1b | Antec HCG 850 | 1TB WD Blue SSD | 500GB Aorus Elite | Asus B650 Strix A

Ironically I don't think the regulars were actually the ones doing the bashing. I remember when that thread started and it was a few guys arguing since TekSyndicate just came out with that sound card is BS video and then it got out of control. 

Edit: I just quickly scrolled through the first few pages of that post and it was actually just random guys there were not regulars repeating what was said in the video and the regulars only come on to correct the people that were adamant that the video was complete BS and then it spiraled. The regulars never bashed the OP as far as I know. 

Well I never actually looked at the mess so I'll take your word for it. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

The only problem is money though

This isn't my original quote but... its called 4k because you need a $4k machine to run it.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

So does anyone else find it rather ironic that Linus does an ultimate 4k build just a week after he said 4k was dead to him.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

To all you people saying this is an "nvidia fan  boy" video, I'd like to tell you to watch the video again and listen to when he talks about the GPU's. He doesn't use Shadowplay/GSync or Mantle but he does use his Shield a lot so he wanted nvidia cards. He did say that you could use amd cards in there. (I wouldn't unless I wanted a nuclear reactor but nevertheless). 

Non-Pros cooled better on a heatsink than Pro version and with less noise accordingly to this:

http://www.eteknix.com/bitfenix-spectre-pro-pwm-and-spectre-led-fan-reviews/

I also read on some forums that Spectre Pros are noticeably louder than average fan.

Can you confirm or deny this? I'm looking for a fan (both 120 and 140mm) with red LEDs (as bright as possible and not Enermax Vegas, don't like those "light lines" effect on blades) and a good performance/noise ratio (CM JetFlo and Corsair AF LED was discarded because of noise).

I was doubting too if Spectre are better or not to Spectre Pros. Ironically both Slick and Linus use Spectre Pros while "the internet" prefer Spectre non-Pro. So I'm reeeeeealy confused xD

I think the cpu cooler they used was a pretty thin fun array so slow gently more airflow optimized instead of pressure cooled it better or something. I'm not too sure but when I did my research the pros were much better and the fins look pressure optimized unlike the nonpros. I own 4 of the pros in my machine and they're pretty quiet. Not as good as noctuas but they're pretty good and don't cost an arm and a leg.

Love the video, great guide. Just wish I could afford it  ;). What watch were you wearing in this video? Looks kinda cool!

I think the cpu cooler they used was a pretty thin fun array so slow gently more airflow optimized instead of pressure cooled it better or something. I'm not too sure but when I did my research the pros were much better and the fins look pressure optimized unlike the nonpros. I own 4 of the pros in my machine and they're pretty quiet. Not as good as noctuas but they're pretty good and don't cost an arm and a leg.

Interesting. However I'm looking for case fans, so non-Pros may be better for that matter. it's worth to note that Pro has a PWM version but without LEDs.

Findind a good performing yet quiet, red LED, PWM fan is more difficult than expected xD

Love the video, great guide. Just wish I could afford it  ;). What watch were you wearing in this video? Looks kinda cool!

that's his pebble smartwatch

but I wonder where did he put his other watch he had recently changed for pebble for some time

wasn't good enough to make a review about it?

could mention it on the wan show like the s5

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

Interesting. However I'm looking for case fans, so non-Pros may be better for that matter. it's worth to note that Pro has a PWM version but without LEDs.

Findind a good performing yet quiet, red LED, PWM fan is more difficult than expected xD

For case air flow fans I quite like the nonLED Corsair AF series. They look super sleek with those rings. Also, I have 2 plain black ones and 2 red led ones all in pwm and they perform quite well but the led on it is not as bright as I would expect. Just grab some LED strips and get all black fans. 

For case air flow fans I quite like the nonLED Corsair AF series. They look super sleek with those rings. Also, I have 2 plain black ones and 2 red led ones all in pwm and they perform quite well but the led on it is not as bright as I would expect. Just grab some LED strips and get all black fans. 

Corsair AF fans are not PWM fans.

Corsair AF LED seemed one of most bright LED fans but if you are saying they are not that much, then I wonder how not bright are others xD

I'm planning to use white LED strips for general illumination and red LED fans as a "theme".

EDIT: Moreover, Corsair AF LED are kinda loud as stated by many people, even on this forum. They are different from Corsair AF Quiet, even if they have "Quiet" in their name (just a look at the specs and you'll see). Plus they are not PWM.

We are going kinda off-topic here. I would like to see an answer from Linus regards his fan choice but I doubt I will receive it D:

I like the text in the credits.  Were you guys able to convince the EA live support guys to give you a Hardline beta key?

Oh, and nice guide.

Corsair AF fans are not PWM fans.

Corsair AF LED seemed one of most bright LED fans but if you are saying they are not that much, then I wonder how not bright are others xD

I'm planning to use white LED strips for general illumination and red LED fans as a "theme".

EDIT: Moreover, Corsair AF LED are kinda loud as stated by many people, even on this forum. They are different from Corsair AF Quiet, even if they have "Quiet" in their name (just a look at the specs and you'll see). Plus they are not PWM.

We are going kinda off-topic here. I would like to see an answer from Linus regards his fan choice but I doubt I will receive it D:

Was talking about the Bitfenix ones are not being that bright. Wasn't talking about the Corsair. I prefer the non-led ones anyway and pwm doesn't matter too much for me because of built in fan controller in Asus motherboards. You also have to count in that you can get 2 packs of the corsair nonled for like $25 so they are pretty cheap. Just undervolt them and they won't be too loud. However they just don't work that well in my 350D because the airflow is a bit restricted in the front so pressure optimized fans are better. 

Was talking about the Bitfenix ones are not being that bright. Wasn't talking about the Corsair. I prefer the non-led ones anyway and pwm doesn't matter too much for me because of built in fan controller in Asus motherboards. You also have to count in that you can get 2 packs of the corsair nonled for like $25 so they are pretty cheap. Just undervolt them and they won't be too loud. However they just don't work that well in my 350D because the airflow is a bit restricted in the front so pressure optimized fans are better. 

ASUS latest motherboards have all fan slots as PWM, which is more precise and elegent solution to fan controlling. Unfortunately I don't use an ASUS mobo right now, but the next mobo will be ASUS for sure, especially because of their fan control.

Price is not really an issue and BitFenix are even cheaper by the way.

Regard undervolting Corsair AF, I read they undervolt badly, causing a wierd "tickling" nose. Did you test various voltages?

Since we are in 2014, I would like to go for PWM and avoid undervolting: it seems a rude solution nowadays, imho.

I'm a little confused on which fans you own xD Do you have both Corsair AF LED and BitFenix LED? Or did you say BF are not bright based on an article/picture? I'm confused xD

ASUS latest motherboards have all fan slots as PWM, which is more precise and elegent solution to fan controlling. Unfortunately I don't use an ASUS mobo right now, but the next mobo will be ASUS for sure, especially because of their fan control.

Price is not really an issue and BitFenix are even cheaper by the way.

Regard undervolting Corsair AF, I read they undervolt badly, causing a wierd "tickling" nose. Did you test various voltages?

Since we are in 2014, I would like to go for PWM and avoid undervolting: it seems a rude solution nowadays, imho.

I'm a little confused on which fans you own xD Do you have both Corsair AF LED and BitFenix LED? Or did you say BF are not bright based on an article/picture? I'm confused xD

I have all bitfenix Spectre pro. 2 red led and 2 non led all pwm. The bitfenix led ones are not as bright as I thought they were going to be. 

Excellent job @LinusTech on the whole video and presentation of it. Much more professional quality. I think your editor deserves a pay rise. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I have all bitfenix Spectre pro. 2 red led and 2 non led all pwm. The bitfenix led ones are not as bright as I thought they were going to be. 

Hmm. I guess you mistyped, they can't be all PWM because Spectre Pro LED do not exist in PWM version (only non-LED).

But was uploaded at 1080p :P

He hasn't gotten the Blackmagic 4K camera unboxed yet. ;)

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

in the video what is the anti-static mat which you use?

And what's special in RAID 0?

Hmm. I guess you mistyped, they can't be all PWM because Spectre Pro LED do not exist in PWM version (only non-LED).

No it does. It's just hard to find. I got mine at NCIX. 

Edit: Oh wait I think the red ones are non-pwm. But that's how much it doesn't matter lol. Didn't even notice. 

I feel the need to correct Linus and the crew on a specific thing you said in this video Linus: At 13:36 in this video you talk about how the R9-290X uses 100W more power under load than a 780TI would, that my friend is baloney. It merely uses around 20W more. And 20W as we all know is nothing

Sources: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2014/03/11/sapphire-radeon-r9-290x-tri-x-oc-review/8

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_radeon_r9_290x_matrix_review,11.html

There's more but i don't feel like digging around to prove such a basic point.

I do however see this as an unacceptable thing to say and do, with such a large audience it's your responsibility to keep your viewers informed as best you can with real facts. With this large of an audience you might very well hurt a company based of your own ideas. 

If there's anything i missed that you said or i whooshed hard do tell me however

At stock, a reference 290x consumes more power (20-30 W) compared to a stock, reference 780 Ti. That's about the only time it is this way. Most non-reference 780 Ti cards that come overclocked out of the box consume more power than reference 290x cards. Once overclocked beyond 1200 MHz or so, any 780 Ti will consume more power than a 290x- especially when overvolting comes into the picture as well. So unless someone is running both cards at stock speeds, the whole argument of a 290x being more power hungry is BS.

when i saw the title "ultimate" i automatically assumed it was a r9 295x2 (X2) , but 780 ti in SLI does seem reasonable. but kinda seems off since the benchmarks favor that as the top considering 4k readiness, i don't know if you can feel that tiny itch...

Details separate people.