PSU Noise

So I've had this power supply for 5 months  (the antec high current gamer 620watt) and it was basically wispier quiet for the first couple of months, but then the fan started getting louder. It didn't bother me that much but it was annoying for something that new to be sounding like that. Anyway i left it and it's only gotten worse it's even louder and there is a permanent slight rattle, I've included a video to show what i mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgiGEEl_95I

So my question is should i RMA it?  would they accept this as a reason to return it?  I've only been a pc gamer for 5 months so I've never had to return anything.

Try to RMA. If you feel capable, you can open it up (voiding the warranty) and replace the fan.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I would never recommend opening a power supply if you dont know what youre doing because

• Voids warranty
  • Risked electric shock and/or ESD
  • Destroy other components inside of it

So i would just not take the risk and RMA it. Youll get a brand new or refurbished one that will work like new. And most likely keep your warranty.

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

I would never recommend opening a power supply if you dont know what youre doing because

• Voids warranty
  • Risked electric shock and/or ESD
  • Destroy other components inside of it

So i would just not take the risk and RMA it. Youll get a brand new or refurbished one that will work like new. And most likely keep your warranty.

Yeah i don't think I'm savvy enough to open and fix a power supply. So just to be clear, you do think it's worthy of RMA?

Yeah i don't think I'm savvy enough to open and fix a power supply. So just to be clear, you do think it's worthy of RMA?

Always, even when your in the slightest  doubt of something being wrong with a power supply, it is better to be safe than sorry. A faulty power supply can destroy components.

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

The only problem is the online retailer i bought it from has a RTB policy that states:   If after testing we find that the product is not faulty or damaged and any fault was caused by you, we will return the product to you and invoice you the processing fee and freight costs to return the product to you.
So if they end up thinking a slight rattle is'nt a big enough problem they could end up charging me money.

The only problem is the online retailer i bought it from has a RTB policy that states:   If after testing we find that the product is not faulty or damaged and any fault was caused by you, we will return the product to you and invoice you the processing fee and freight costs to return the product to you.

So if they end up thinking a slight rattle is'nt a big enough problem they could end up charging me money.

What about a manufacturer RMA? Even though, it isnt working how it is supposed to be and you didnt do anything to it so just RMA it...

Current 

What about a manufacturer RMA? Even though, it isnt working how it is supposed to be and you didnt do anything to it so just RMA it...

Hmmm, i think i'll send umart (the retailer) A message and include the video i posted here and ask if it's enough for them to replace it. if it's not i'll go through Antec.

Hmmm, i think i'll send umart (the retailer) A message and include the video i posted here and ask if it's enough for them to replace it. if it's not i'll go through Antec.

Sounds good, report back the news! 

Current 

• 1 month later...

Sounds good, report back the news! 

I RMA'd it. It's definitely quieter.

I RMA'd it. It's definitely quieter.

Thats good. good luck and hopefully nothing else goes wrong :D

Current