Can't turn on new computer

Go to solution Solved by godlikegohan,

the link in the above post .shows you how
here is a video . not in the video he is flashing a different  gigabit broad.
but updating the bios will be the same. just different  files
the bios file name  will be  X79UD5.13p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlx5GBkiaM0&list=PL412D6E2389D0F5C7

The motherboard was installed in the case all the time. I used the thermal paste that was included with the H100i.

That doesn't matter now, I have allready taken the motherboard out and into its original packaging to ship it to where I bought it to get a new one.

(I will post here again ones I get the new motherboard, hopefully I won't need to)

Now I need some new thermal paste. Do you know of any good thermal paste?

Nocta, arctic silver & icy diamond are the top dogs kicking around

post-4768-0-86543800-1368711138.jpeg

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Nocta, arctic silver & icy diamond are the top dogs kicking around

I would like to thank you for that post was looking for something like that

I would like to thank you for that post was looking for something like that

No problem ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I get to the first page where it says the brand of the motherboard and says: "TAB post screen" "DEL  Bios Setup\Q-Flash" "F9 System Information" "F12 Boot Menu" "END Q-Flash".

First off, hit TAB to show the POST screen. That might tell you where the problem lies. 

If the USB keyboard doesn't work, beg, borrow or steal a PS/2 style keyboard to do this - if the motherboard has a round keyboard connector.

Secondly, press DEL to enter the BIOS and make sure that the drive you installed the OS on, is set as the primary boot device.

- or -

Hit F12 and choose the boot drive - if the OS is not installed, put the DVD in the drive and select the optical drive as the boot device.

Note: This choice is only for that boot, You'd need to set the order in the BIOS to make it permanent.

Thirdly, in the BIOS find and enable "legacy USB support" to enable the USB keyboard, if necessary.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

First off, hit TAB to show the POST screen. That might tell you where the problem lies. 

If the USB keyboard doesn't work, beg, borrow or steal a PS/2 style keyboard to do this - if the motherboard has a round keyboard connector.

Secondly, press DEL to enter the BIOS and make sure that the drive you installed the OS on, is set as the primary boot device.

- or -

Hit F12 and choose the boot drive - if the OS is not installed, put the DVD in the drive and select the optical drive as the boot device.

Note: This choice is only for that boot, You'd need to set the order in the BIOS to make it permanent.

Thirdly, in the BIOS find and enable "legacy USB support" to enable the USB keyboard, if necessary.

I'd wish it was that simple. That is my problem, I can't do any of the things you listed.

I have tried both a USB and PS/2 keyboard, but no difference.

Have you tried the MB clear CMOS switch..?

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

I dunno if this topic's solved or not, but this is my take on this issue, as I have experienced this multiple times.

1. Clean the gold contacts on your RAM and GPU. that's probably the main cause of the issue.

2. Test your RAM. Test them individually using either by booting the system with only 1 stick at a time or by using Memtest.

3. Check other connections.

OK i do IT work for communication company and do PC repairs on side for fun. Yes its a frustrating hobby at times.

But my best advise start slow with the build, you mentioned your using all 4 dimms, remove to refer to manual to see what it says best 2 slots are. I would even disconnect all hard drives, optical drives usb headers pretty much have CPU, GPU, and a 2 sticks of ram (could even go 1 but no need) then clear cmos and see if get boot from their. Some boards require settings be tweaked for all 4 slots be used.

usb keyboard or ps/2 makes no difference all newer boards i have seen have been fine with either usb usually better for its plug and play purposes (thats my personal opinion there)

PC SPECS: ASUS Maximus Extreme IV-Z with i7-2600K @ 4.5GHz 1.38v, GSkill Sniper series 4x4GB DDR3-2133MHz 9-11-10-28 1.65v, ASUS ENGTX260 TOP, OCZ ZX 850Watt,Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB SSD OS drive, Dual ASUS VH238H 23" LED monitors, 5TB storgae 2x2TB HDD and 1 TB black download drive, Antec DF-85 case with 4x120mm and 2x140mm fans, Gemini II cpu cooler with 2x120mm fans.  Logitech G19 keyboard

your problem is with your keyboard if its mechanical. some of them take longer to initialize than the bios, because of this the bios doesnt detect it and thinks theres no keyboard. result you cant enter the bios. this happens with some makes of keyboard when combined with certain eufi bios's...

the only solution is get a cheap keyboard and use that when you need to access bios.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

^ Second what HEXiT says.

I use CM Storm QuickFire TK and I had same problem as you couldn't get into the BIOS because my computer couldn't detect my keyboard.

My keyboard does lights up as well but the keys just isn't responding.

If your keyboard has NKRO and 6KRO mode like mine does, make sure to switch to 6KRO or mode that's better with compatibility before proceeding.

the motherboard beeps every 30 seconds or so for 2 minutes

I think everyone missed this. It means... something

edit: could it mean something is overheating or something is wrong with the PSU?

I need more SSDs.

It depends on the beep code. Long continuous beep every 30 seconds or?

It depends on the beep code. Long continuous beep every 30 seconds or?

It is only one short beep every time.

Have you tried the MB clear CMOS switch..?

Yes I have tried, no difference.

OK i do IT work for communication company and do PC repairs on side for fun. Yes its a frustrating hobby at times.

But my best advise start slow with the build, you mentioned your using all 4 dimms, remove to refer to manual to see what it says best 2 slots are. I would even disconnect all hard drives, optical drives usb headers pretty much have CPU, GPU, and a 2 sticks of ram (could even go 1 but no need) then clear cmos and see if get boot from their. Some boards require settings be tweaked for all 4 slots be used.

usb keyboard or ps/2 makes no difference all newer boards i have seen have been fine with either usb usually better for its plug and play purposes (thats my personal opinion there)

I have tried to only have the CPU, RAM and GPU, but that doesn't help either. (No integrated graphics on the motherboard)

I have had the motherboard packed down for a couple days now so I think I am going to try again.

P.S Thanks for all the replies :)

After waiting the 2 minutes, a black screen with this text appeared:

R  oot  n    l  t prop r Boot    vi

or Ins rt Boot M  i  in s l  t    Boot   vi    n  pr ss   k y

Looks like some letters are missing, and I don't know what to do with it.

Please help me with this quickly.

It is only one short beep every time.

One short beep should mean normal POST but it keep happening every 30 seconds for 2 minutes?

What's showing on screen during this 2 minutes?

The error message should be this.

Reboot and select proper Boot deviceor Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

One short beep should mean normal POST but it keep happening every 30 seconds for 2 minutes?

What's showing on screen during this 2 minutes?

The error message should be this.

Reboot and select proper Boot deviceor Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

Is a boot device an HHD or something that has windows or another operative system installed on it?

During the 2 minutes, the Gigabyte logo and some text that tells me to press some buttons to for example go to the Boot Setup. Still can't press anything though.

Can you try installing your OS on a friend computer (On your harddrive) and then puting it in your pc? So this way you could boot on the drive and see what happen

But it might not work since you can't press any key, but maybe the mobo will see the HDD with the OS

My blog about pc news: http://thecanadiangeekqc.wordpress.com/

Yes. Boot device can be your HDD, SSD, USB Drive, Optical Disc Drive etc.

So it just shows that BIOS screen for a whole 2 minutes? Does it turn blank for a while then back on or something?

If it does, probably rebooted/reset as your computer couldn't detect anything to boot from.

Yes. Boot device can be your HDD, SSD, USB Drive, Optical Disc Drive etc.

So it just shows that BIOS screen for a whole 2 minutes? Does it turn blank for a while then back on or something?

If it does, probably rebooted/reset as your computer couldn't detect anything to boot from.

It is in the, I would call it gigantye's "menu" screen, but yeah, that is the only thing that shows the first 2 minutes. The rest is sometimes completely black, with a white flashing underline in the top left corner, and sometimes this message:

Reboot and select proper Boot device

or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

in general 2 bios beeps tends to mean parity failour. basically 2 parts cant sysnc up so they can transfer data.

normally this will point to a corrupted hdd or a bad sata connector. so both will need checking. check the lead isnt being pulled out of the connector.

run chkdsk on the hdd making sure its the primary boot drive via bios.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

I did not use an HDD or an SSD at the time 

in general 2 bios beeps tends to mean parity failour. basically 2 parts cant sysnc up so they can transfer data.
normally this will point to a corrupted hdd or a bad sata connector. so both will need checking. check the lead isnt being pulled out of the connector.
run chkdsk on the hdd making sure its the primary boot drive via bios.

I hadn't any hard drives connected while I got that message. I haven't had the chance to download windows on anything yet, i only have the CD.

gtx 680 and titans and above have a uefi bios.and the mother boards dont like this..

try flashing the bios with the newest bios.

http://www.gigabyte....x?pid=4049#bios

check out this thread

http://linustechtips...stalling-titan/

How can I download install the new bios on the motherboard?

I can't do anything. I don't have a spare GPU to fix this.

What if you don't plug in any video card? I'm sure a computer can boot up without a video card.