what should i do with my 10 gb network adapters?

i have 2 solarflare sfn5322f's. the 1000 dollar ones. i have no use for them, but dont want to just throw them away. i have put them on ebay for a very good price. i started at 800, but went all the way down to 300, yet no one is buying. what should i do? thanks

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

i know how much linus loves 10 gb nic's. do you think there's a chance i could trade both of them for a gtx 780?

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

i have 2 solarflare sfn5322f's. the 1000 dollar ones. i have no use for them, but dont want to just throw them away. i have put them on ebay for a very good price. i started at 800, but went all the way down to 300, yet no one is buying. what should i do? thanks

The fact that they were $1000 is irrelevant to most buyers on eBay. The fact that 10Gb network adapters can be had new for far cheaper means you'll need to put it on an auction to make people feel like they're getting a good deal. It's why when people list an auction with a high starting price, nobody usually bids, because they want to feel like they have the opportunity to get it for lower..

List the item at auction starting at $0.99

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

what i'm really looking for right now is a gtx 780. is there any way i can trade the 2 adapters for one?

what i'm really looking for right now is a gtx 780. is there any way i can trade the 2 adapters for one?

contact admin/mods

most of them seem to have high end server stuff

they might want them

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

contact admin/mods

most of them seem to have high end server stuff

they might want them

i know how much linus loves 10 gb nic's. do you think there's a chance i could trade both of them for a gtx 780?

If you get enough posts (100 minimum) you can place an ad here in our classifieds. However, do not sends PM's to any member soliciting trades or sales. That isn't allowed.

There really are a couple of problems here, as pointed out, what you paid for them originally no longer matters. What matters is what is the going rate now for a new one? Then you can expect to get, at most, half, from some place like Ebay. As well, 10Gb is still not that popular except in datacenters and where you need some pretty massive data throughput.

Those cards are not the more valuable RJ45 connector type card, but are SFP's, so even after getting the cards, I still need to get SFP modules, which themselves can be expensive. 

Tech like that, which I may not need but know I just take a huge loss on a sale, I hold onto... eventually you may find a use from them...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99