3D gaming on a panasonic plasma... I'm lost.

Purple Spy

My google-fu is failing me and I'm having an impossible time figuring this out. I've never experimented with 3D before so this entire process is new to me.

I recently picked up a 50 inch plasma for watching movies and such (panasonic TC-P50UT50) and i decided i'd try out 3d gaming. So i picked up some glasses and gave it a whirl. The 2D-3D conversion is cool and okay for watching certain TV shows and movies, but is spotty in games, and i'd really like to use proper 3D.

I tried to activate stereoscopic 3d through the nvidia panel, but during setup, when i get to the close your left/right eye, they look exactly the same. The TV doesn't actually go into 3D, just the fake 2d-3d conversion mode. Basically it's just straight up not working. And if i BS my way through the setup, i get no 3d, just a really low resolution screen.

I've been trying to figure this out, I've found things that say it should work, it shouldn't work, i need extra hardware, i don't need extra hardware, i need extra software, i don't need extra software, my tv supports it, my tv doesn't support it.

Bottom line. Is there a way to get proper 3d vision in games to work on a panasonic plasma TV using panasonic 3d glasses from an nvidia powered PC?

*silly video*

Forum Code of Conduct includes this fine quote:

"Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/2140-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

3d tvs can only acept 48Hz 3d, Nvidia 3d needs a 120Hz monitor with their glasses, AMD's 3d needs software.

with nVidia cards you need certified nVidia 3Dvision ready moniotrs, glasses and emitters. You can use AMDs HD3D with TVs, but from what I ahve heard it is kind of a pain to set up :/

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Topic moved...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99