How old were you when you first started gaming?

Go to solution Solved by bob345,

I started on an imac g3 when that thing was released in 1998, so yeah i was 5 when i started

Wow a lot of youngsters on LTT lol. I'm only 22 but seeing comments like *Pokemon emerald when i was 3" blows my mind. Anyway my dad owned a pawn shop and he had a NES, Super nintendo, Sega genesis and Sega game gear. The first game i remember playing was a game called Echo on the genesis when i was 3-4.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

I can't really remember but I think I was around 4 or 5

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

It was around 4 - 6 ish, Cammache 4 *it is not spelled right* my dad always used to play it and I got it and then started other games.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Not sure, but I had a commador amiga 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

5 years old, system was atari 2600 and NES, my fave games were zelda 2 (we didn't have the original), Mario Bros, E.T (i don't care that it is labled the worst game ever made i liked it), and lastly Pong. at 8 we got an n64, for it my fave were LOZ OOT (had to borrow from a friend), and Rush 2. at 14 I got a PS2, for it my faves were Final Fantasy X-2, and the guitar hero games.

for handhelds, NGB@7 fave Super Mario Land and Pokemon Silver, GBA@10 Fave Pokemon Ruby, emerald, firered, and Metabots, NDS@14 Fave all Pokemon games, and Kingdom hearts 358/2 days. 3DS@18 Fave almost any game, mainly old virtual console games from NES and SNES.

Lastly a PC at just before 19, Fave games Pretty much any game, but especially goat sim, Star Citizen (Love arena commander, now i just need multiplayer), and pokemon roms, both hacked and non-hacked.

Nothing to see here, move along

I was three or four, my dad had a really old Apple laptop that I would play some Wiggly Worm game on, and after that it was whatever would run on the Windows 95. I don't remember the first game I played, the earliest one I do remember is Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego. Before I was 6 my dad came home with an NES and SEGA Genesis and that was the end of my social life ever reaching past Mario.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

First played games like Echo and Cool spot on the megadrive when i was around 2 - 3.

First started playing properly on Ps1 with games like MoH. Remember playing C&C with my dad on windows 95 PC.

I5 3570K, MSI Z77A G45, 8GB 2133MHz Gskill Ripjaws, MSI TwinFrozr GTX 780, Samsung 840 Evo SSD, WD Green 1TB HDD, OCZ 750 Watt PSU, Zalman Z11+ 

Maybe 4 or 5. First system was SNES. I don't remember when I got it, but I remember getting a Playstation on Xmas 1996, and I had the SNES before that.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

You who started gaming on Playstation one generation system or younger.... go back and play some 1980's games, and early 90's. Atari and MegaDrive for example. If you truley like gaming, it will likely surprise you.

Going by where i remember living at the time i must have been around the age of 4. I played on an Atari 2600Jr and Original Gameboy, but mainly the Atari.

Then when i moved i remember playing on an 'original' Sega MegaDrive (not the western Genesis 2), so i was 7 at that time. Not long after that i started on PC's, the 1st games being Command & Conquer, wolfstein 3D , Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Quake, Total Annilhlation, and games of that sort.

Some of the early games and devices would had already been old when i was playing on them, i didnt really start playing on up to date hardware till the late 90's (Playstation).

Im in my late 20's now. Despite the majority of people my age starting on PS1's, I actually am glad i started on older generation games, atleats in some ways. I got the experiance of playing the classics like Space Invaders & Revenge of Shinobi, and still owning working orignals. The only issue i have with those experiences is the infuriating knowledge of how easy todays games are >.< and constantly comparing them to my early experiences. Thankfully Dark Souls 2 has my attention at the moment.

I wish the average game was at Dark Souls level of difficulty, which is to say, not incredibly difficult, but atleast its not holding ur hand. With the added option of making the game harder right from the start if u so wish, instead of forcing u to play through it once to unlock the next dificulty.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I was about 5, my mom got me a gamecube, super smash brothers brawl, that super mario soccer game, and also legend of zelda wind waker, my mom and I would play wind waker for long periods of time together and whenever I was stuck (since I was 5/6 basically every minute) I would give it over to my mom to complete. Still is one of my favorite games today

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

The first gaming experience i remember was with the original AoE when I was 5. That was the fondest gaming memories I've ever had, along with MotS, Cannonballs, and PoP. I wish those games were compatible with W7/W8, but sadly, no such luck.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

I was around 5 or 6 when I first started playing games. I remember discovering Miniclip for the first time, where I then discovered Motherload and Boxhead. From then on, I played Club Penguin, Runescape and eventually, Xbox

Wow i was posting in news section about facebook and failing bad... 9 pages? I need to see people's childhood gaming.

You who started gaming on Playstation one generation system or younger.... go back and play some 1980's games, and early 90's. Atari and MegaDrive for example. If you truley like gaming, it will likely surprise you.

Going by where i remember living at the time i must have been around the age of 4. I played on an Atari 2600Jr and Original Gameboy, but mainly the Atari.

Then when i moved i remember playing on an 'original' Sega MegaDrive (not the western Genesis 2), so i was 7 at that time. Not long after that i started on PC's, the 1st games being Command & Conquer, wolfstein 3D , Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Quake, Total Annilhlation, and games of that sort.

Some of the early games and devices would had already been old when i was playing on them, i didnt really start playing on up to date hardware till the late 90's (Playstation).

Im in my late 20's now. Despite the majority of people my age starting on PS1's, I actually am glad i started on older generation games, atleats in some ways. I got the experiance of playing the classics like Space Invaders & Revenge of Shinobi, and still owning working orignals. The only issue i have with those experiences is the infuriating knowledge of how easy todays games are >.< and constantly comparing them to my early experiences. Thankfully Dark Souls 2 has my attention at the moment.

I wish the average game was at Dark Souls level of difficulty, which is to say, not incredibly difficult, but atleast its not holding ur hand. With the added option of making the game harder right from the start if u so wish, instead of forcing u to play through it once to unlock the next dificulty.

You should have known how gran turismo 4 was hard, and was that a challenge?

I was four years old, I had a gameboy, but I didn't play much.

4; Need for Speed: Carbon.

I played shift right now... So much things missing in my life!

8...pong, pac-man, space invaders, etc.

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

Four or five...something like that. I can't quite remember.

:P

I do know that my first gaming system was the GBA, and my first game was Super Mario Bros. 3.

COMIC SANS

I was only a few months old when I started watching my brother play games, and started playing them myself when I was about 2 years old (even though I didn't know how to play).

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Like 4 or 5 playing gran turismo 3 on my friends PS2

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

I first started gaming when I was around 4 with this spongebob game on my grandma's computer from 2000

Life.exe is missing

3 or 5 played GTA Vice city .and black hawk down

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*