How old were you when you first started gaming?

Go to solution Solved by bob345,

I started on an imac g3 when that thing was released in 1998, so yeah i was 5 when i started

Hardcore Star wars battlefront at the age of 4.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

I remember playing Pinball indeed, and the Outwars demo that came with windows 95 (I Think?).

I also remember playing Advanced boy simulator, Pokemons, Sonic, Megaman, the best times of my life... I made this thread and forgot about it, but 52 posts already? Man, this stuff is awesome, WE ALL LOVE RETRO.

I even remember when i got ps2 in 2008, Primal was awesome.

Around 8-10 years old, don't know exactly but I remember it being on my Sega and playing Super Mario, Tanks, Galaga...

I am a PC gamer for the win, but I started on early Nintendo consoles.

Brian May is a rocker. He just does it with style.

Ah, 4 or 5 at my kindergarten freind's house up the street. He had SNES and NES, holy crap (SNES in '93 was pretty badass)! We both agreed even at a young age that the montain maze area of Zelda II was total BS. I remember the cartridge was Golden colored, thought that was cool. Then there was watching an older kid of some family friends at a 4th of july party playing Wasteland. Mind blown.

The biggest impact on me though was "World of Xeen". I think it was Might and Magic 4&5 in one game and it changed my life. I forget what I played it on, but i remember it lagging if I moved to fast (grid based movement even lol) and the character animations were like slideshows. I must have put at least 500hours into that game and never beat it.

I was 5, we had a psone small console from new old stock back in 2002, I started playing it around 2004. Spyro, and GTA 2 oh and I would watch my cousin play Sarge's heroes and resident evil. Which is still the shit 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Less tan 4; playing Lemmings on a Windows 3.1 machine.

Compatible with Windows 95

Probably 3ish with the nes with mario

but cognitively probably 6ish with pokemon blue lol

For as long as I can remember. <= 3. The golden days of the Commodore 64 and the Atari.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

5 (2007) when I went to America I discovered a thing called a Xbox a Playstaion 1 and 2 and a gamecube. I played a crap ton of Halo 2 and GTA San Andres  on the Xbox and on the PS 1 I played a lot of Resident Evil 2 and would end up getting nightmares and also Monster Rancher, Digimon World, Parasite Eve, FF IIV, Legend of Dragoon and Harvest Moon. The PS 2 I played GTA Vice City but mostly I played basically my favorite game on the PS 2 was Devil May Cry which I finish the whole Trilogy on Spartan mode and unlocked everything on every game. The Gamecube the only reason that was a thing I played was well Super Smash Bros Melee and Resident Evil 4

Later on we would get a Xbox 360, PS4 and a WII

$$金Trill金$$

4, playing Gran Tourismo...

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

4 or 5 :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

I was born playing Super Mario Bros. 64, So I guess as soon as I can remember, should be like 1-2 y/o? so '99-'00

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

I was two years old. Playing Ninja Turtles, Mario and Zelda of course.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

i started playing some random lego games when i was 5-6 i think. The first REAL game i played, was probally Warhammer Online when i was 9-10 years :D

Between 4 - 5 playing Pitfall on my Grandpas Commodore 64......lol. I didn't think being 35 was that old but most of your guys answers make me feel old as hell!

FX-8350          ASUS Crosshair V         MSi R9 290X Gaming 4G

4, playing Gran Tourismo...

Omg, Gran Turismo 4 on PS2, i remember when i finished the last track in the license menu and got the highest level, my brother was jumping from hapiniess

Between 4 - 5 playing Pitfall on my Grandpas Commodore 64......lol. I didn't think being 35 was that old but most of your guys answers make me feel old as hell!

I'm a 12 year old, but i feel old too... Played so many games, until the PSU and my HDD quite "overcooked". I remember i somehow entered the BIOS on the second oldest computer and i've messed everything up, when i was 4. My older brother was raging.

i honestly started gaming back in 1994/1995 we only had a nintendo with the first castlevania spent so many years just running around within the castle amazing times

Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted~Assassin's Creed

i honestly started gaming back in 1994/1995 we only had a nintendo with the first castlevania spent so many years just running around within the castle amazing times

Welcome to the forums, glad your first post was on my very own topic!