deadrising 3 PC "optimized" for 30 fps...

AlexGoesHigh

30 FPS is for the console peasants !

locked in 30 fps is just unacceptable, do you have any idea how horrible is that?? Always wonder why console player think it is acceptable and thus result in lazy or non-sense devs talking shit. Also we can lower the graphics a bit to increase our framerate, guess what, I can reach 30~40 fps + easily while lowering the shadow effect, and AA in Crysis 2007, even though it is only 768p. In a GT555m, 3 years old "mobile" gpu. Locked in 30 fps means you can do any higher than that no matter what you did to the graphics option. Even if you manage to unlock the cap, the game would probably slow down for some reasons if you didn't reach 60 fps constantly like any other shitty ports. 

There are plenty of PC games that run at 30FPS and they are popular titles.

Need for Speed the run being one i remember quite well, there is tweaks to the config to uncap it too.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

That top picture looks like a cutscene. Also the fact that it's on the PS4 makes 30fps make sense, when it's on the PC it doesn't.

It's ingame :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdsgFKdzyCg

I'm not saying that 30fps is great by any means.

But if a game pushes the visuals to a point where only 30fps are possible than it's ok even on PC.

Which is clearly not the case with Dead Rising 3.

RTX2070OC 

There are plenty of PC games that run at 30FPS and they are popular titles.

Need for Speed the run being one i remember quite well, there is tweaks to the config to uncap it too.

yeah, I know, I've played those that are locked in 30 fps, absolutely terrible. How console gamers stand those will always be a mystery to me. 

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

yeah, I know, I've played those that are locked in 30 fps, absolutely terrible. How console gamers stand those will always be a mystery to me. 

It is a mystery how it is terrible to you but fine to others.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

It's ingame :

But if a game pushes the visuals to a point where only 30fps are possible than it's ok even on PC.

Until I see recordings from a console that a consumer owns with that game running, I will not believe that the game looks like that.

man dont say things like that! makes me well up inside. been waiting for it for so long!

Hate to say it bro but it's very possible... 

Until I see recordings from a console that a consumer owns with that game running, I will not believe that the game looks like that.

its plausible, since it seems to be all corridors and very close environments, cracking up details with very short render distance is pretty easy

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I don't really see the problem a constant 30fps is fine. It should look consistent at least and your eyes will get used to it very quickly.

Plenty of games ive played in the past have been locked at 30 (command and conquer springs to mind) and ive never had a problem.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

its plausible, since it seems to be all corridors and very close environments, cracking up details with very short render distance is pretty easy

Yeah that's true.

I don't really see the problem a constant 30fps is fine. It should look consistent at least and your eyes will get used to it very quickly.

Plenty of games ive played in the past have been locked at 30 (command and conquer springs to mind) and ive never had a problem.

The big deal is that it's restricting the PC version that's fully capable of running the game better than consoles.

Double post. Dunno what happened there.

The big deal is that it's restricting the PC version that's fully capable of running the game better than consoles.

I understand that, but i don't think they are holding the frame rate back just because they can. The game is probably design specifically to run at tha certain frame rate - animations or timings etc tied down so if you do increase the frame rate you literally increase the speed that game runs at (thats how cnc generals works anyway). Besides its not like 30fps is unplayable it think most of the pc community is overreacting.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

I understand that, but i don't think they are holding the frame rate back just because they can. The game is probably design specifically to run at tha certain frame rate - animations or timings etc tied down so if you do increase the frame rate you literally increase the speed that game runs at (thats how cnc generals works anyway). Besides its not like 30fps is unplayable it think most of the pc community is overreacting.

If your explanation is true, which I know that was in fact true for one of the NFS games, then it just means they have a very bad technical game design.

Why does it seem that Valve, Crytek, and DICE are the only ones capable of making a game that can get the most out of each platform it runs on...

I think it has to do with the fact that Valve, Crytek, and DICE all develop for PC as lead platform and then scale down to the consoles whereas a lot of developers develop for consoles as lead then try to scale up to PC which just screws everything up. It's always easier to scale down than it is to scale up.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

If your explanation is true, which I know that was in fact true for one of the NFS games, then it just means they have a very bad technical game design.

Why does it seem that Valve, Crytek, and DICE are the only ones capable of making a game that can get the most out of each platform it runs on...

I think it has to do with the fact that Valve, Crytek, and DICE all develop for PC as lead platform and then scale down to the consoles whereas a lot of developers develop for consoles as lead then try to scale up to PC which just screws everything up. It's always easier to scale down than it is to scale up.

Irrational Games did a great job with Bioshock Infinite.  Optimization was damn good.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

I can't believe I used to think 30fps was acceptable when I was on console, lel.

end even then it was rarely actually 30fps

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700 CPU Cooler - Cooler Master ML240R Motherboard - ASUS X470-PRO RAM - Team Group Vulcan 2400Mhz 16GB GPU - EVGA RTX 2070 Black SSD - Kingston A400 120GB, ADATA SU650 1TB HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU - Seasonic Focus+ 650W Case - Fractal Design Define C Keyboard - Corsair K60 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech LS21 2.1 w/ sub Headphones - ATM 50X Racing Wheel - Logitech G27 Monitors -  ASUS VS228H-P x2

I'm sure they could make optimizations to increase the frame rate and it probably won't look like that on release. A lot of the time E3 demos are shown on PC. Like Forza, Call of Duty, or Watch_Dogs. I'm thinking they are just trying to justify limiting the actual work that goes into optimization so they can gloss over it. Just like Capcom and Dead Rising 3.

Is it a problem to buy less games?

Would you rather have a 50 bad games or 5 good ones? 

Personally, I'd rather have 5 good ones.. 30 FPS is completely unacceptable on PC, especially since we have the hardware to run as fast as we want.

By less games, it ends up as one game. I only really play World of Warcraft, and even that is quite dull. I take frequent brakes from that game, too.

Last game I really enjoyed was Saints Row 4. I should play that game again.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Fuck you Capcom. - Sincerely, Me.

Video Game, Anime and Tech Fan! 

Current Build - CPU: Intel Xeon x5660 @ 4.2GHZ / MOBO: ASUS P6T / COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 + / GPU: Radeon HD 7970 / RAM 8GB Corsair XMS3 / STORAGE: OCZ Agility 3 60gb, WD Blue 1TB / CASE: Bitfenix Shinobi PSU / Antec Earthwatts 500w / DISPLAY: Asus 23 inch @1080p, Dell 19 inch @ 1440x900, Seiki SE42UM @ 4K 

Mobile Devices: HP Chromebook 14, 3DS XL, Vita, Samsung Note 4, LG G Pad 8.3, Chuwi Hi8, NEX-3N

It is a mystery how it is terrible to you but fine to others.

This is the reason why devs still think locked at 30 fps is "fine", because people just accepted it thinking it is "fine", or "not bad", opps, they are not "locked" at 30 fps, they are limited in 30 fps, which means there is a chance to drop below 30. I'm not the only one who think limited at 30 fps is terrible my friend. 

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

• 4 weeks later...

This is the reason why devs still think locked at 30 fps is "fine", because people just accepted it thinking it is "fine", or "not bad", opps, they are not "locked" at 30 fps, they are limited in 30 fps, which means there is a chance to drop below 30. I'm not the only one who think limited at 30 fps is terrible my friend. 

what i noticed is that games nowadays have a lot of motion blurring on that masks the 30fps effects, maybe that's why those who game on console don't notice it. 

deadrising 4, optimized for 15 fps! Enjoy the next gen experience! 

fuck off seriously with these fake next gen lies!