deadrising 3 PC "optimized" for 30 fps...

AlexGoesHigh

Just think that in a couple years time the next generation consoles will have better hardware and finally play games at 1080p at 15 frames per second. Amazing stuff.

edit; 30fps to become a feature in 2018

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

Personally, I'm not much of an FPS snob and anything above or around 30 satisfies me...

That being said, I have pretty high end hardware and I think that I should be given the option for at least 60fps.. especially if your game looks like something a kid with crayons threw together.

that's not what they are saying, the problems is that animation are rendered in 30 FPS and capcom is saying the game can glitch if people disable the cap in the options (it seems to have the option since the kinda said you could uncap it) which is BS, i'm not a dev but i'm sure something like this can be fixed pretty easy and effortless

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I just don't understand Capcom, they ARE capable of delivering decent PC ports (Super Street Fighter IV:AE, DMC 5), then THIS crap happens!

Love how everyone thinks 30FPS is bad yet they played Crysis in 2007 around 19fps....

I didn't! I played it in 2014 at 144fps like a badass.

-snip-

That top picture looks like a cutscene. Also the fact that it's on the PS4 makes 30fps make sense, when it's on the PC it doesn't.

all i want for christmas is for capcom to stop breaking my heart

Well, I fully expect TotalBiscuit to rip them a new one for this like he did with Need For Speed.

Honestly, I'm more excited for TB's video than I am the game  :P

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

I prefer a 24 fps experience; would it glitch if i locked it at 24?

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

wtf%20(2).gif

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Well, CapCom is on my blacklist for a while.

They are going downhill at the moment.

For me, either they pull some masterpiece or they won't see my money for a long long time...

Love how everyone thinks 30FPS is bad yet they played Crysis in 2007 around 19fps....

I was around 45 with some eye candy turned down. Never had an issue.

There's a difference too between pushing machines so they can only run below 30 with everything maxed out, and capping them. Capping is a cop-out. Especially at 30 FPS when we have the hardware to go higher.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

Holy shit look at the number of people reading this topic. (Almost 800 at time of posting)

Also, LOL. Ugh, these devs know nothing about good game design.

your avatar goes perfectly with my thoughts on this topic.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

It's Dark Souls 1 all over again...

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Yeah I had to lower settings in Crysis back when it came out until it was 45-50min, I can't stand having it under the 55-60 range and there are only a handful of games I can handle at 45-50 (Skyrim, Crysis was ok, but I love it now at 100+).

But I was excited about this game....until I read this topic, definitely won't buy it until they fix it or it goes under $5, I got RE6 for 360 and Only played about an hour of it, just don't know what it is but they've definitely lost the Capcom edge they used to have :(

Damn, does it run on 30fps on the Xbox One? Ridiculous, just goes to show how lazy a studio can get. No one should buy this game (and no one will).

Well that sucks. Gives me a reason to not buy it even though I wasn't going to in the first place

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Is better to have the option to play from 8 to 60+FPS if your hardware is capable of doing that, than to have a game locked at 30FPS, 30FPS is in no way acceptable for a PC game.

I used to play Crysis at 18FPS but that was because my PC was crap, that doesn't mean we are good with 30FPS, less than 45FPS is not a good experience.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

This is nothing new.

A lot of older games used to have the exact same problem with playing at higher than intended fps. Mostly it was +60 but some games were made to run even sub-30.

-"when we started the PC project we knew we werent gonna be able to guarantee anything above 30 frames per second"

​Seriously? it is the all mighty pc!!

-"I really dont believe you're losing anything by playing at 30 frames per second"

This is that exact kind of sh*t that would slow down our entire gaming industry. 

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

locked in 30 fps is just unacceptable, do you have any idea how horrible is that?? Always wonder why console player think it is acceptable and thus result in lazy or non-sense devs talking shit. Also we can lower the graphics a bit to increase our framerate, guess what, I can reach 30~40 fps + easily while lowering the shadow effect, and AA in Crysis 2007, even though it is only 768p. In a GT555m, 3 years old "mobile" gpu. Locked in 30 fps means you can do any higher than that no matter what you did to the graphics option. Even if you manage to unlock the cap, the game would probably slow down for some reasons if you didn't reach 60 fps constantly like any other shitty ports. 

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

Why do I see this happening with GTA V...

man dont say things like that! makes me well up inside. been waiting for it for so long!

animations and physics could be capped at 30fps

Why would you do that?

There's literally nothing to gain from doing that.