Is this PSU too weak?

PerformerFX

Hey.

My PC is crashing and my ASUS board tells me constantly "Power surge protection" so I assume my PSU is broken. I want to replace it.

Here are my specs :http://www.sysprofile.de/id154494
And several forums recommended me this power supply: BeQuiet System Power 7 450 W.

My question: Is that really enough? 450 W seems so extremly low.

But seriously: I have no idea about PSUs at all. So maybe I'm completely wrong!

Thanks in advance :)

450w is more than enough.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

no

Wow, seriously?

Cool, no effort at all then.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

450W will be enough for your system. It seems low, but your system doesn't put out all that much power.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Its not too weak and the psu is pretty good id say it something else or maybe the power in your building.

Well the psu might be broken it's hard to tell. It's powerful enough though.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

450W will be enough for your system. It seems low, but your system doesn't put out all that much power.

Even with my Razer DeathAdder 2013, Logitech C920, Keyboard and my cell phone (all USB 2.0) attached ? Also I have 1 IDE hardrive, 1 Sata HDD and 1 DVD drive. I think this wasn't listed in the link above.

Its not too weak and the psu is pretty good id say it something else or maybe the power in your building.

A thunder happend a few weeks ago and probably hit my PSU. All the components are working fine. I tested them all. Memtest, games and CPU stresstest. It just randomly restarts and boots up with the "Power surge" message after POST. So It has to be my PSU!

Even with my Razer DeathAdder 2013, Logitech C920, Keyboard and my cell phone (all USB 2.0) attached ? Also I have 1 IDE hardrive, 1 Sata HDD and 1 DVD drive. I think this wasn't listed in the link above.

Yep. Extreme PSU Calculator estimates your system at around 300W peak draw.

A thunder happend a few weeks ago and probably hit my PSU. All the components are working fine. I tested them all. Memtest, games and CPU stresstest. It just randomly restarts and boots up with the "Power surge" message after POST. So It has to be my PSU!

Make sure that all of your components cables are in snugly. I had this error screen once, and it was caused whenever my ATX 24pin connector was loose. 

If all the components are in snugly, then your PSU just might have died. 

//ccap

Make sure that all of your components cables are in snugly. I had this error screen once, and it was caused whenever my ATX 24pin connector was loose. 

If all the components are in snugly, then your PSU just might have died. 

Of course I checked those cables. All fitting perfectly. The PSU is just dead. Nothing to actually talk about any further. 

Actually I'm happy that I bought a save power supply back in the day. So now my PSU is fried. Not my entire PC :)

My personal view on PSUs, if you have the budget for it, I would personally go for a higher watt PSU so incase you want to add something in the future you won't have to worry about whether you'll have enough watt to power your entire system. I had to buy a new PSU because my old one wasnt holding up anymore after doing several upgrades to my pc

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

Hey.

My PC is crashing and my ASUS board tells me constantly "Power surge protection" so I assume my PSU is broken. I want to replace it.

Here are my specs :http://www.sysprofile.de/id154494

And several forums recommended me this power supply: BeQuiet System Power 7 450 W.

My question: Is that really enough? 450 W seems so extremly low.

But seriously: I have no idea about PSUs at all. So maybe I'm completely wrong!

Thanks in advance :)

You don't happen to have any other kind of system around you can test it on do you? :P If not then have you tried running a bare system just to make sure you have got power? OR could pick up a PSU tester. But it does sound like it could of been fried.

I won't upgrade my system any further. i'm at the point where I would be a completely new one instead of wasting money into over 4 year old components!

So if you say that the PSU is capable of keeping my system running for at least 2 years or more without an issue: That's really all I'm asking for.

@Frankz

You don't happen to have any other kind of system around you can test it on do you? :P If not then have you tried running a bare system just to make sure you have got power? OR could pick up a PSU tester. But it does sound like it could of been fried.

Look a few posts above!

You'll be absolutely fine with that BeQuiet 450w psu. Really. ;)

I did turn it off but when I do that the actual PSU protection triggers and the PC also reboots. Same effect.

Those are definitely REAL SURGES!

My personal view on PSUs, if you have the budget for it, I would personally go for a higher watt PSU so incase you want to add something in the future you won't have to worry about whether you'll have enough watt to power your entire system. I had to buy a new PSU because my old one wasnt holding up anymore after doing several upgrades to my pc

I'd have to agree. I see them as an investment, because they don't exactly change much, I buy a PSU with the intent to use it until it breaks, in system after system.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I'd have to agree. I see them as an investment, because they don't exactly change much, I buy a PSU with the intent to use it until it breaks, in system after system.

No really: My next PC will be build from scratch. I'll use the one I have as long as it breaks and after that I'll will get an intel CPU and a proper graphics card and all that good stuff. That'd cost me about 800$ anyway so I wouldn't mind a extra few bucks for a decent power supply. 

For now: I have very little money and I wanna something very simple for my current PC. All I want is to use it 1 or 2 years at least and then get rid of it!

If you look at the first post: I think we can agree that my PSU is most likely the cause of that failure. But what if, if it's NOT the problem and I get the message also with the new power supply?
I probably need a new MB then.

CPU is tested with Prime95, GPU with 3D Mark and memory with Windows Memtest. So everything seems fine. Only if I play games and run the components all together it failures!

What motherboard would you recommenend me that is COMPATIBLE with my current system But not too outdated? Also the FORM factor of the MB needs to be the same. My case is tiny. 

System: http://www.sysprofile.de/id154494

..It's like you didn't look at the link I posted.

And I gave you a reply:

I did turn it off but when I do that the actual PSU protection triggers and the PC also reboots. Same effect.

Those are definitely REAL SURGES!