All about air: Pressure, Flow, CFM, ECT

spwath

oooh interesting thread! I also have and have worked on some interesting rigs so if you have any questions let me know!

I should say that I believe no build is complete without proper filters and fan grills.

I should say that I believe no build is complete without proper filters and fan grills.

All my fans have carbon filters with 1 real magnetic filter and another real one for psu

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Depends on if it's on the widow like the c70.

It ruins the look of a case for Me. The C70 is a nice case, but the fan grills look ugly.

It ruins the look of a case for Me. The C70 is a nice case, but the fan grills look ugly.

Yeah but like on my phantom 410 it doesn't b/c grills are not on window

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I like having the option of side fans.  Or more options placement of fans without interference.  An issue I had was that my HDDs were blocking the front two fans, so I had no real intake from the front.  But the CM Stryker has no side fans, so I added my own.

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a577/HappyChubbs/CM%20Stryker%20-%20Karn%20-%20Panel%20Modifications/DSC00430_zps39e7f1d8.jpg

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a577/HappyChubbs/CM%20Stryker%20-%20Karn%20-%20Panel%20Modifications/DSC00442_zpse80e9e2d.jpg

Sacrificed aesthetics for efficiency. 

I like having the option of side fans.  Or more options placement of fans without interference.  An issue I had was that my HDDs were blocking the front two fans, so I had no real intake from the front.  But the CM Stryker has no side fans, so I added my own.

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a577/HappyChubbs/CM%20Stryker%20-%20Karn%20-%20Panel%20Modifications/DSC00430_zps39e7f1d8.jpg

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a577/HappyChubbs/CM%20Stryker%20-%20Karn%20-%20Panel%20Modifications/DSC00442_zpse80e9e2d.jpg

Sacrificed aesthetics for efficiency. 

Are those intake fans? 

Ryzen 7600X | MSI Trio X 3080 | 3440x1440p asus vg34vql1b | Antec HCG 850 | 1TB WD Blue SSD | 500GB Aorus Elite | Asus B650 Strix A

Good guide. @WoodenMarker, maybe this should get pinned?

You could add explanations on controlling fans (PSU, controller, mobo), connectors (both mobo and 3pin vs PWM) to clear up some common misunderstandings.

On airflow. When 120mm AIO at back is used, it tends to block chipset heatsinks and so heating them up since there isn't cpu cooler helping to keep them cool. In that situation using one or both top fans as intake is good option. Also I'd like to see some recommended solution how to keep cases with horizontal mounted mobo cool. As in Bitfenix Phenom.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You could add explanations on controlling fans (PSU, controller, mobo), connectors (both mobo and 3pin vs PWM) to clear up some common misunderstandings.

On airflow. When 120mm AIO at back is used, it tends to block chipset heatsinks and so heating them up since there isn't cpu cooler helping to keep them cool. In that situation using one or both top fans as intake is good option. Also I'd like to see some recommended solution how to keep cases with horizontal mounted mobo cool. As in Bitfenix Phenom.

Yeah ill add thoes later today once im home. My silverstone ap 123 is getting here today, its the fan in my profile gif

Added Bitfenix prodigy examples to the OP. Will add the other stuff too.

Added airflow for the everpopular R4 to the OP!

I need to figure something out got my 750D that my server is in. I have a NH-U14S with dual fans, two 140mm fans in the front, three in the top, one in the back, and one in the top.

I need to figure something out got my 750D that my server is in. I have a NH-U14S with dual fans, two 140mm fans in the front, three in the top, one in the back, and one in the top.

Ill get on the 750d now!

You said 3 on top, then one on top. DId you mean bottom?

Ill get on the 750d now!

You said 3 on top, then one on top. DId you mean bottom?

umm yea

2 front

3 top

1 rear

1 bottom

all are 140mm (I used a adapter for the bottom)

Also two fans on the NH-U14S/. I would just like to see what you come up with. I you need a picture of how the system is laid out let me know.

umm yea

2 front

3 top

1 rear

1 bottom

all are 140mm (I used a adapter for the bottom)

Also two fans on the NH-U14S/. I would just like to see what you come up with. I you need a picture of how the system is laid out let me know.

I just added it to OP.

I just added it to OP.

My problem with that is that its super positive pressure heavy. 5 intake vs 2 outtake.

My problem with that is that its super positive pressure heavy. 5 intake vs 2 outtake.

There are no problems with that. Or you could just remove the top front fan alltogether. Thats what i have in my phantom 410.

There are no problems with that. Or you could just remove the top front fan alltogether. Thats what i have in my phantom 410.

I actually have that as intake already because I have a 3.5in HDD howswap bay right underneath so it helps cooling the HDD too.

I actually have that as intake already because I have a 3.5in HDD howswap bay right underneath so it helps cooling the H

Oh wait, forgot there were 3 in top.

I would say front one intake, back one exhaust, middle one not there at all.

Oh wait, forgot there were 3 in top.

I would say front one intake, back one exhaust, middle one not there at all.

Could be because Corsair's specs are incorrect and say only 2 140mm can go in the top but there are mounts for 3 cause i have them in. :D

Could be because Corsair's specs are incorrect and say only 2 140mm can go in the top but there are mounts for 3 cause i have them in. :D

Well i would recomend removing middle one.

Well i would recomend removing middle one.

ok when i replace everything with Noctua Redux ill think of doing just that.

ok when i replace everything with Noctua Redux ill think of doing just that.

And that will save you 30$ too.

My personal favorite fans are AP123 from my profile gif for static pressure configs.

AP122 for mild pressure/aiflow, and good price.

And that will save you 30$ too.

My personal favorite fans are AP123 from my profile gif for static pressure configs.

AP122 for mild pressure/aiflow, and good price.

Arnt noctua redux sub $20?

An I need 140mm and some 140mm with 120mm mounts. the good thing with the redux is they have the exact same fans in both so i can run off a single fan header in PWM. i look at the AP123 way back when I had my Intel DX79SI but then I had issues and got a sabertooth and some NF-F12 PWM's.