Episode 3 - Handy Tech Under $100

This is the third video in our "handy tech under $100" series. I hope you enjoy it. The idea is to take our usual "unboxing" and "review" concepts and apply them to some little interesting things that we bought or noticed over the last little while.

1. Titan and Techton 

Titan on Amazon: http://georiot.co/1xX1

Tekton on Amazon: http://georiot.co/44qB

2. Comply Memory Foam Ear Tips

Direct Link: http://www.complyfoam.com/

3. Silverstone CP11 SATA Cable

Amazon:http://georiot.co/23rI

I really like these kinds of vids, just pure fun for  under $100

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Yay, I was the first to "like" the video.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

automatic font please

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Yeah it was a render issue. I fixed it with t3h YouTubez, but it's processing right now.

t3h YouTubez ftw!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Lovely jubbly.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I'm really interested in both these types of videos and five four club. 

Please make more of these videos and make this a regular series! as the tech market is all that interesting atm these videos are fun to watch cool gadgets that i most likely end up buying! cheers

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

I don't like the Sivlerstone SATA cables. You could also just use regular right angled ones i guess...? 

who cares...

LinusStrippingTips

Those magnetic trays can be a lifesaver..

Once again Canada gets the short end of the sick because that FiveFour Club charges $25 per month for shipping.  At $85 a month I don't think that's a good deal.

Also Linus the sponser link in the youtube descripton links to Intel's SSDs.

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

I don't like the Sivlerstone SATA cables. You could also just use regular right angled ones i guess...? 

NOT when you have one right behind the other.  one port will be fine, but that port will block the other one.

also, what is that red coiled cable next to the silverstone one?  did you talk about it?  or is it just a regular cable you coiled?

So they have the comfy ear tips for Razer Moray only, I wonder if they are compatible with Razer Hammerhead. 

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

Comply comfort gets my 100% endorsement! Works really well with my Bluebuds X

Those Silverstone cables are 89 euro each on German Amazon, so the cable could be more expensive than the SSD you are trying to connect to the motherboard :/

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

When the ports are located like this you won't be able to use half of them with regular right angled cables.

asus_sata.jpg

also, what is that red coiled cable next to the silverstone one?  did you talk about it?  or is it just a regular cable you coiled?

It looks like a regular cable.

Those Silverstone cables are 89 euro each on German Amazon, so the cable could be more expensive than the SSD you are trying to connect to the motherboard :/

Have you looked at eBay. The are definitely cheaper than €89 but still expensive for a single cable. The drawback to this is that LinusMediaGroup doesn't get a kickback  :(

With shipping to Denmark they're about €20, it will get cheaper the more cables you buy though.

I'm able to get them from a Danish retailer at €10, so maybe you should take a look at some German retailers.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

Have you looked at eBay. The are definitely cheaper than €89 but still expensive for a single cable. The drawback to this is that LinusMediaGroup doesn't get a kickback  :(

With shipping to Denmark they're about €20, it will get cheaper the more cables you buy though.

I'm able to get them from a Danish retailer at €10, so maybe you should take a look at some German retailers.

I couldn't find them on Caseking, Alternate or Mindfactory :/

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II