UUGGHH, windows why u do this

Hello..

So where to start. a few days ago i was forced to re-install windows 7 on my computer, but i cant find the installDVD. so i downloaded an ISO smacked it onto a USB and booted the new OS and formatted my computer.

but hurdurp i was smacked in the face when i realized that the product ID isn't the same as it was on my old OS ( well duh its pirated ).. so now im kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place, does anyone know if its possible to change the product ID that's on this OS ?. i have all the info for my old OS ( key id prod part NO.) or am i basically just forced to buy a new CD off windows 7 =,= ?

A pirating question? Really...

Mf42uAe.png

A pirating question? Really...

Mf42uAe.png

you idiot read the whole post ... i pirated the ISO file because i cant find my own DVD. why would i otherwise ask how to change the ID so i can register my OWN LEGALLY bought Windows -.-

you idiot read the whole post ... i pirated the ISO file because i cant find my own DVD. why would i otherwise ask how to change the ID so i can register my OWN LEGALLY bought Windows -.-

Pirated none the less.

Pirated none the less.

no its not.. get out of my post you little troll, unless you can contribute and help me solve the problem don't twerparound :) 

Pirated none the less.

You're really special aren't you?  LOL

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

there is a program called Belarc Advisor,

If you run it, and you had a non-enterprise version of Windows, it will list the CD key you have installed,

Unless you've gone too far and formatted the drive already?

CPU: i7 4770K 4.2Ghz, Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty Z97x Killer, GFX: EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC ACX (x2 SLI), RAM: G.Skill 1600Mhz CAS 9 16GB, DSK Intel 530 120GB OS, Crucial M500 120GB, WD 1TB Blue, WD 1TB Green, PSU: Corsair AX1200i, Case: Obsidian 750D. 

SERVER HP ProLiant Microserver N54L, FreeNAS: ZFS, 8TB (4x 2TB WD Red), RAID Z2, 16GB ECC RAM, 1Gb/s Link Aggregated:  Running as NAS, Plex, & ownCloud

He already said it was formatted, so the key won't be there anymore ;)

thanks for the help everyone i got it covered now 

... i have all the info for my old OS ( key id prod part NO)....

how about that key?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

how about that key?

what about what key ? 

i fixed the problem.

and as far as this noob up here accusing me for pirating you can download ISO's straight from windows you twerp :)

It's still piracy because TPB or wherever you got it from is not legally licensed to distribute MS Windows and on top of that no one pirates non-cracked versions of Windows because no one uploads them and it defeats the purpose of piracy.

no its not.. get out of my post you little troll, unless you can contribute and help me solve the problem don't twerparound :)

So now anyone who actually wants people to respect the law is a troll? Seriously man if you're this concerned with Windows install Linux or FreeBSD or something.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

It's still piracy because TPB or wherever you got it from is not legally licensed to distribute MS Windows and on top of that no one pirates non-cracked versions of Windows because no one uploads them and it defeats the purpose of piracy.

So now anyone who actually wants people to respect the law is a troll? Seriously man if you're this concerned with Windows install Linux or FreeBSD or something.

I got all of my non cracked Windows ISOs from TPB, so idk.. but I make sure it's legit the same as the original 

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

I got all of my non cracked Windows ISOs from TPB, so idk.. but I make sure it's legit the same as the original 

That's like the best way to get yourself a virus is pirating copies of windows.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

That's like the best way to get yourself a virus is pirating copies of windows.

Oh it is?  because they're clean

just get them from digitalriver?

they should still be MS' official partner.

Oh it is?  because they're clean

Yours may be but not everyones'.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Yours may be but not everyones'.

Then why worry?  Half of the people don't have a key so they deserve a virus, right?

Then why worry?  Half of the people don't have a key so they deserve a virus, right?

Personally I think anyone who pirates anything deserves a timeout anyways but that's an opinion. 

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Personally I think anyone who pirates anything deserves a timeout anyways but that's an opinion. 

ithink you need yo learn what pirating really means buddy. 

In some countries pirating is LEGAL. Here in the Netherlands pirating was officially legal until the stupid EU forced the government to change the laws. I believe that there are still some trials going on in the European Court of Justice though. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

In some countries pirating is LEGAL. Here in the Netherlands pirating was officially legal until the stupid EU forced the government to change the laws. I believe that there are still some trials going on in the European Court of Justice though.

The forum is located on Canada, and therefore follows Canadian laws, whether you like it or not.

The forum rules specifically states policies against talking about illegal (in Canada, AND also US) activity.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

ithink you need yo learn what pirating really means buddy. 

No, you need to learn what piracy is. It still is piracy to download a copy of Windows even when you have the key because a torrent host is, believe it or not, NOT A LICENSED DISTRIBUTOR. It is point blank violation of the EULA and TOS to boot.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

No, you need to learn what piracy is. It still is piracy to download a copy of Windows even when you have the key because a torrent host is, believe it or not, NOT A LICENSED DISTRIBUTOR. It is point blank violation of the EULA and TOS to boot.

then fucking report me to the POLICE you dipshit

then fucking report me to the POLICE you dipshit

Hey man no need to explode. We're all nerds here, right? Right.

I didn't mean to make you mad. However when it is a matter of telling people what is and isn't piracy, obstructing the truth is not safe and arguably as GoodBytes pointed out, it may even be a violation of forum rules.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /