G602 good for gaming?

Go to solution Solved by Drown,

Yes, it's perfectly fine for gaming. If you're doing hardcore competitive FPS then no, but anyways if that was the case you wouldn't be looking at a wireless mouse. :P

It's a great mouse, very good built quality and support, and long battery life for a wireless mouse.

Hey guys, I was thinking of getting the G602 as it looks nice, but was wondering whether the wireless is good enough for MMOs and FPS games; if not, any other suggestions for a decent mouse under £60 with 9+ buttons would be welcome.

Cheers.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

EDIT: google messed up :( i was wrong

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

its laser so no

There are plenty of good laser gaming mouses out there.

Regarding the OP, i'm not a fan of wireless mouses for gaming, the simple possibility of running out of battery in the middle of a session troubles me.

Yes, it's perfectly fine for gaming. If you're doing hardcore competitive FPS then no, but anyways if that was the case you wouldn't be looking at a wireless mouse. :P

It's a great mouse, very good built quality and support, and long battery life for a wireless mouse.

Ok thanks, i'll go for it then, i'm not exactly a pro gamer.

its laser so no

No it's optical actually

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

Yes it's fine, I play Cod4 and it is just on par with my G400. I wasn't sure at first but this mouse is a beast. Fine for FPS and excellent for MMOs, I use all of the macros. Battery life lasts for at least 3 months at a time. You may want to look at the G502 though, if it has enough macros.

G502 is actually 20 pounds more in the UK on amazon which is weird and out of my budget, but thanks for the suggestion.

G502 is actually 20 pounds more in the UK on amazon which is weird and out of my budget, but thanks for the suggestion.

the G502 is newer, so its not really weird :P

The G literally stands for gaming...

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

The G literally stands for gaming...

Didn't actually know that, thanks, you learn something everyday I guess.

its laser so no

G602 is optical and uses the same sensor as the G400s.

I have it, its awesome and you can get a lot of life out of even the cheapest batteries.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

its fine for FPS infact I used it as such for quite some time. The only time wireless is really a detriment is LANs or tournaments.

the G502 is newer, so its not really weird :P

Its also a completely different mouse. The G602 is supposed to be their budget wireless mouse.

I have it, its awesome and you can get a lot of life out of even the cheapest batteries.

or get some energizer lithium ultimate batteries and get insane battery life while making it lighter in the process.

Its also a completely different mouse. The G602 is supposed to be their budget wireless mouse.

if you read his entire post he thought it was weird why the G502 was more expensive, i told him why...