What case should I get? Cooler Master Haf XM or one of those new Antec cases at CES

JujuShinobi

Well I have done a lot of research of which case I wanted to get, and finalized on the Haf XM. But after watching the Antec CES showcase, I started to rethink my options. Those Antec cases look good, have a lot of feature and come at a very low price point. Yes I know there are sort of copying Corsair in the design. But I want to ask the community, what do you think of this and should I stick to the Haf XM or go for another case?

And my budget for cases is around $150 ish USD

I personally do not like Cooler Master as a case brand. Their HAF 922(the case I had previously) is one of my most hated cases I have ever had to deal with. The bottom piece of metal of the case is very cheap(or just thin) and the hard drive cage is very annoying to slide drives into and the drive bays themselves feel really cheap.

Also, at least on the 922, cable management was horrible, barely any room in the back for cables, no rubber grommets, but at least there were tie down points!

Now, I don't know what the Haf XM consists of, but I went with a Bitfenix Ghost for $100 and I'm so glad I changed.

I recommend you look around a bit more, I went with Bitfenix as a gamble and I'm glad I did. You might want to wait for the new Antec cases to release so you can see a more in-depth analysis of them ;)

I personally do not like Cooler Master as a case brand. Their HAF 922(the case I had previously) is one of my most hated cases I have ever had to deal with. The bottom piece of metal of the case is very cheap(or just thin) and the hard drive cage is very annoying to slide drives into and the drive bays themselves feel really cheap.

Also, at least on the 922, cable management was horrible, barely any room in the back for cables, no rubber grommets, but at least there were tie down points!

Now, I don't know what the Haf XM consists of, but I went with a Bitfenix Ghost for $100 and I'm so glad I changed.

I recommend you look around a bit more, I went with Bitfenix as a gamble and I'm glad I did. You might want to wait for the new Antec cases to release so you can see a more in-depth analysis of them ;)

Yeah I am waiting for Linus/Hardware Canucks to do a proper review and analysis on them.

And to add on, I have heard good things about the Haf XM and the only main concern for most people is the poor placement of the PSU dust filter, other than that I heard it is a good case

So far, from what I've seen on Linus's cover of the CES cases, I'd say the Antec GX700 would be the best bang for the buck. I for one can not wait for that beast to come out at such a competitive price. Completely metal based case is extremely hard to find nowadays since manufacturers are cutting down on a lot of costs.

So far, from what I've seen on Linus's cover of the CES cases, I'd say the Antec GX700 would be the best bang for the buck. I for one can not wait for that beast to come out at such a competitive price. Completely metal based case is extremely hard to find nowadays since manufacturers are cutting down on a lot of costs.
You mean the one that cost 60USD? I;m waiting for a full review on it before I put my money on it, other than that, I am very excited for all 3 of the new Antec cases showed in CES

Speaking of which, I just found an article of someone unboxing and doing a first look on the GX700

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/hoot-antec-gx700-gaming-casing-4057964.html

Lol, the GX700 is already out in AUSTRALIA (here) let alone in the US.

They go for ~$80 here.

I think the best case right now is the Fractal Design Define R4. It has great features and great looks in my opinion. What I do is just go to all the manufacturers website and browse the cases until I see one that I like the aesthetics on and then check the features. But as I said before, my top recommended case right now is the R4.

I think the best case right now is the Fractal Design Define R4. It has great features and great looks in my opinion. What I do is just go to all the manufacturers website and browse the cases until I see one that I like the aesthetics on and then check the features. But as I said before, my top recommended case right now is the R4.
Well the R4 does not really appeal to me.

Right now my options are the CM Haf XM and the Antec M1100 which is yet to be released

They go for ~$80 here.

I didn't know O_o Because I looked up amazon and they didn't have it and it was showcased at CES so I thought it was yet to be released

They go for ~$80 here.

Beats me, the world is full my mysteries nowadays =/

Just my two cents here, I have an elevenhundred (not the M1100, god forbid I hate that colour, lol). And a haf XM, built systems into both.

The HAF XM was like.. the single most smooth build EVER. It's awesome, I love it. It's my baby don't look at my baby. I SAID DON'T LOOK AT IT.

But yeah, great toolles mounting, bays at the front. Stealth mounting for an SSD, plenty of room behind the mobo tray, nice PSU cable cover for overall good-lookingness, latch system for the sidepanel is amazing. Two 200mm fans up top is absolutely badass, 4 120s at the front maximum (front and back of the HDD cage). Removeable HDD cage for extremely long GPU. The list goes on. Not only are the features of this thing amazing for the price, but it's just really good looking, great to work with, and a pleasure to own.

My build so far btw, gonna replace the CPU cooler and tidy up/replace the fans

Just my two cents here, I have an elevenhundred (not the M1100, god forbid I hate that colour, lol). And a haf XM, built systems into both.

The HAF XM was like.. the single most smooth build EVER. It's awesome, I love it. It's my baby don't look at my baby. I SAID DON'T LOOK AT IT.

But yeah, great toolles mounting, bays at the front. Stealth mounting for an SSD, plenty of room behind the mobo tray, nice PSU cable cover for overall good-lookingness, latch system for the sidepanel is amazing. Two 200mm fans up top is absolutely badass, 4 120s at the front maximum (front and back of the HDD cage). Removeable HDD cage for extremely long GPU. The list goes on. Not only are the features of this thing amazing for the price, but it's just really good looking, great to work with, and a pleasure to own.

I see you watch JayzTwoCents as well haha. Thank you for your opinions on the case. That should help me with which case to get =)

Uhm. What's JayzTwoCents?

Nevermind =/ Looks like I was wrong. JaysTwoCents is another tech channel that started around 3months ago and is going strong.