For people who dislike the sniper button on the G502

maxvons

I get why you did this, but I would have simply covered the button in electrical tape and forgotten it...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I get why you did this, but I would have simply covered the button in electrical tape and forgotten it...

Yeah, I could probably have done that. But I have no problems with it anymore now, so I'm happy :)

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

Hmm I only know one person that had this issue and he fixed it by changing his grip up a bit.

Apologies for my ignorance, but what does that button do?

It does whatever you want, by default sniper. The other main use is g-shift.

Hmm I only know one person that had this issue and he fixed it by changing his grip up a bit.

I didn't have this issue in the beginning, but I started developing it down the road. Before I gripped the mouse in a way where my hand was really sloping towards the right, and I could even still see the whole G logo when I was holding it. Now I have developed a grip where I hold it in a bit more neutral wrist position, and I prefer this, because I found the mouse to be a bit imbalanced before and it was kinda tipping towards the right when I dragged it around and picked it up etc.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

I didn't have this issue in the beginning, but I started developing it down the road. Before I gripped the mouse in a way where my hand was really sloping towards the right, and I could even still see the whole G logo when I was holding it. Now I have developed a grip where I hold it in a bit more neutral wrist position, and I prefer this, because I found the mouse to be a bit imbalanced before and it was kinda tipping towards the right when I dragged it around and picked it up etc.

I just hold it how I do my G602 and G700/G700s but I do have a slight claw with the G502 but it doesn't feel uncomfortable or unnatural.

Oh and I use that button for all kinds of things like grenade in cs go and gshift on the desktop to have few more macros like network and new text file.

I just hold it how I do my G602 and G700/G700s but I do have a slight claw with the G502 but it doesn't feel uncomfortable or unnatural.

Ah, I see. If I curl my thumb, it's no problem. But I like to have all my fingers extended in a palm grip. I also sometimes fingertip it when I casually use it for web browsing etc.

Oh and I use that button for all kinds of things like grenade in cs go and gshift on the desktop to have few more macros like network and new text file.

I see. I find the other buttons to be more than enough for me. I use the tilt on the wheel for quick buy item in Dota and open shop etc. for example.

Ah, I see. If I curl my thumb, it's no problem. But I like to have all my fingers extended in a palm grip. I also sometimes fingertip it when I casually use it for web browsing etc.

I understand as that how I normally am but for some reason this mouse induces a slight claw into my grip, it seems to be a bit of a hybrid kinda like the G602 is fingertip grip wise.

I understand as that how I normally am but for some reason this mouse induces a slight claw into my grip, it seems to be a bit of a hybrid kinda like the G602 is fingertip grip wise.

Yeah, I feel that way too. But I find it works perfectly for my palm grip with all fingers extended, aswell as claw and fingertip.

I see. I find the other buttons to be more than enough for me. I use the tilt on the wheel for quick buy item in Dota and open shop etc. for example.

I really hate the tilt wheel for gaming as I always bump it. I always disable those buttons for my gaming profile. I do have them in the gshift layer on my default profile for undo redo.

I really hate the tilt wheel for gaming as I always bump it. I always disable those buttons for my gaming profile. I do have them in the gshift layer on my default profile for undo redo.

Ah, I have no problem with the tilt actually. I really like it :)

Ah, I have no problem with the tilt actually. I really like it :)

I use middle click as reload in most games which is likely why.

I use middle click as reload in most games which is likely why.

I see, I don't play FPS games that often though. And I don't really use the middle click

You must palm the hell out of your mouse to even notice the button is there. I half claw, half palm, and my thumb doesn't come close to touching that button. I can easily use it when I need it, but it's not in the way of anything.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Thats one way to do it! My really long fingers mean I'd finger tip grip this mouse. So I Couldn't even touch it if I wanted to.  

I love ghetto mods :D  Some gold in this thread. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=896218&page=130

Sometimes, you gotta go ghetto ;)

I sometimes fingertip, but I have always palm gripped mice, so that's why I prefer and do 90% of the time.

You must palm the hell out of your mouse to even notice the button is there. I half claw, half palm, and my thumb doesn't come close to touching that button. I can easily use it when I need it, but it's not in the way of anything.

I see, I didn't have any problems with in the begging. But I started touching it all the time for the past two weeks now, I don't know why. I prefer having my fingers completely extended, that's probably why I touch it.

... seriously? You could have just set it to do nothing in the software...

Does the sniper button really get in the way? Planning on getting this.

This is beyond fail.. 

Coolermaster HAF 912 advanced | i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz | MSI gtx 660ti pe oc | Gygabite z77x-d3h | 8GB g.skill ripjaws| Samsung 830 ssd  | Seasonic m12II 620w

Corsair M45 mouse | Corsair K65 Keyboard | LG 27EA33V 27' ips| 

•  

Does the sniper button really get in the way? Planning on getting this.

Depends on your grip and hand size. You won't have problems if you claw/slightly claw or fingertip.

Makes sense to me. If you've found the perfect mouse except for 1 thing, better to remove the 1 thing than a different mouse with more issues. I'd have thought you could open it up and remove it from the inside, though?

... seriously? You could have just set it to do nothing in the software...

..seriously? You could have just read the thread, or even just the first page...

Funny thing is, if you had a screwdriver you could probably of taken the button out without damaging it.