Minecraft - "Connection Lost: Timed Out"

yuh25
Go to solution Solved by yuh25,

Just got a New Wifi card and it seems to have fixed the problem. Not sure if anyone care or will bother working out why this worked, thanks anyway :)

I've tried searching this everywhere and tried nearly every reasonable thing. But I still keep getting this error regardless of the server:

SF7Ekk7.png
I've tried: Clean install, driver updates, turning the firewall off my PC and router, changing my local IP.

The game works fine for my roommate.

Thanks for any help.

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

what server are you connecting to?
do you have an internet connection on that machine?
do you use the same connection as your roomate?

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

what server are you connecting to?

do you have an internet connection on that machine?

do you use the same connection as your roomate?

I'm connecting to 4 different servers, I have to use hotspotsheild to get a connection that lasts more than 5mins, which works fine for the US based servers but the AUS one has 1sec pings.

Yes and yes

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

I'm connecting to 4 different servers, I have to use hotspotsheild to get a connection that lasts more than 5mins, which works fine for the US based servers but the AUS one has 1sec pings.

Yes and yes

Then I think the internet in your place has bad internet.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The reason Hotspot would work is due to how it transfers data, Minecraft is generally a UDP connection, meaning there is no error correction, and if packets get lost, then Minecraft gets confused and disconnects, whereas with hotspot uses TCP connection, which has error correction, so if a packet gets lost it resends. Using a VPN in TCP mode is extremely useful when your network is suffering packet loss. Albeit it will slow you down. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

Speedtest.net and pingtest. GO

3542843119.png

99073312.png

3542843119.png

99073312.png

OMG, that is pretty bad. The first one.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

OMG, that is pretty bad. The first one.

Regional Australia, and my room mate picks possibly the worst ISP.  ಠ_ಠ

3542843119.png

99073312.png

Their both pretty bad by my standards. Unable to test packet loss?! 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Regional Australia, and my room mate picks possibly the worst ISP.  ಠ_ಠ

Wow, then why live with him?

Wow, then why live with him?

It's not that big of an issue for me, if I can watch youtube and play games it fine for me.

yep your internet is not very good for gaming, i would stop all downloads and try again or find out whos stealing all your bandwith. on a good note at least if you do get into a game, having a 45ms ping would be pretty awesome :D

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

Their both pretty bad by my standards. Unable to test packet loss?! 

It was an issue with java and its taking forever to measure it now that its fixed.

The reason Hotspot would work is due to how it transfers data, Minecraft is generally a UDP connection, meaning there is no error correction, and if packets get lost, then Minecraft gets confused and disconnects, whereas with hotspot uses TCP connection, which has error correction, so if a packet gets lost it resends. Using a VPN in TCP mode is extremely useful when your network is suffering packet loss. Albeit it will slow you down. 

So my only option is a VPN?

It was an issue with java and its taking forever to measure it now that its fixed.

So my only option is a VPN?

Your probably getting some bad packet loss then. Get on teamspeak and right click your name, check connection info and see if its outgoing or incoming packet loss. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Did you try running an older version of minecraft in the Edit Profile section? 1.7.x has issues with connecting to servers, and they probably aren't using your version. I had this issue recently when I updated and began using Feed The Beast.

Edit: I'm using 1.6.4 without issues.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Your probably getting some bad packet loss then. Get on teamspeak and right click your name, check connection info and see if its outgoing or incoming packet loss. 

Just sat in the "voice.teamspeak.com" server. I haven't used it in a long time =p

G5cIBum.png

Did you try running an older version of minecraft in the Edit Profile section? 1.7.x has issues with connecting to servers, and they probably aren't using your version. I had this issue recently when I updated and began using Feed The Beast. Edit: I'm using 1.6.4 without issues.

I'll try it out.

I'll try it out.

Worked for me, hope it does for you too. Also make sure you're using the latest java. Java 7 of course.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Worked for me, hope it does for you too. Also make sure you're using the latest java. Java 7 of course.

1.7.2 is Working so far for Wynncraft but the server I'm trying to play on is craftbukkit 1.7.9 =\

1.7.2 is Working so far for Wynncraft but the server I'm trying to play on is craftbukkit 1.7.9 =\

Oh, well unless you have a friend housing that server, they might be able to bring it to an old version. If not, you might just have to wait for a patch..

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh, well unless you have a friend housing that server, they might be able to bring it to an old version. If not, you might just have to wait for a patch..

I'll have to wait/deal with it I guess, we're trying to get this server up and running again as a public server and I don't think using an older version will work with the other admins.

I'll have to wait/deal with it I guess, we're trying to get this server up and running again as a public server and I don't think using an older version will work with the other admins.

Oh, least I got you able to get on version compatible servers. Maybe you might just have to go on different servers for now with them. Sorry I couldn't get the latest version running for you.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh, least I got you able to get on version compatible servers. Maybe you might just have to go on different servers for now with them. Sorry I couldn't get the latest version running for you.

Thanks anyway :)

Edit:

Finally got the ping test to work completely.

99116446.png

Does this help?
This is apparently what happens everytime when I get disconnected, this time I happened to reconnect.ABdUYwm.png

Just got a New Wifi card and it seems to have fixed the problem. Not sure if anyone care or will bother working out why this worked, thanks anyway :)