The GPU Overclocking Database

Cobalt

how loud/quiet was it at that speed?

I should have mentioned this in a earlier post, I have a modded Bios, chances are you probably could achieve similar results,

However, such a thing is easy to do, and easy to screw up, so i would not recommend it unless your actually trying to achieve

goals in terms of benchmarks, etc, the overclock i have there will complete a benchmark and for sure give me those high

scores that i want, but there's no way in hell i would ever use such a overclock for 24/7 use, and to be truthful, i use my card

at stock while gaming, because there's no need to over overclock it unless your trying to achieve your OC goals

I should have mentioned this in a earlier post, I have a modded Bios, chances are you probably could achieve similar results,

However, such a thing is easy to do, and easy to screw up, so i would not recommend it unless your actually trying to achieve

goals in terms of benchmarks, etc, the overclock i have there will complete a benchmark and for sure give me those high

scores that i want, but there's no way in hell i would ever use such a overclock for 24/7 use, and to be truthful, i use my card

at stock while gaming, because there's no need to over overclock it unless your trying to achieve your OC goals

So gaming at 980 MHz vs gaming at 1200 MHz won't affect performance? FPS, lag, etc.

So gaming at 980 MHz vs gaming at 1200 MHz won't affect performance? FPS, lag, etc.

well, I have a monitor that's 100hz, one of the games i find myself playing often, the new diablo 3 expansion,

I got maxed out @ 1080p usually between 170-200+ FPS, that's on a stock, to run at a heavy overclock boosts

my frames by a good 50-100+ fps at times, depending on certain variables, but with what I'm getting at stock, sure

i can add all the extra heat, and power consumption, but why when it run's as buttery smooth as it can get at stock,

again, with the exception of 1440p. Further more, depending on the overclock, more often you run into

the issue of when a overclock work's fine for one game, you go and download that new game, and that overclock

doesn't work for the new game, and you get gfx card driver crashes.

Which is why, I overclock when I either 1) need to to get my desired performance (which will be when i get my 1440p monitor), and 2) when I'm aiming for some benchmark numbers, or max overclocking goals.

Edit: Also with my modded bios, my stock gpu clock is @ 1024mhz

well, I have a monitor that's 100hz, one of the games i find myself playing often, the new diablo 3 expansion,

I got maxed out @ 1080p usually between 170-200+ FPS, that's on a stock, to run at a heavy overclock boosts

my frames by a good 50-100+ fps at times, depending on certain variables, but with what I'm getting at stock, sure

i can add all the extra heat, and power consumption, but why when it run's as buttery smooth as it can get at stock,

again, with the exception of 1440p. Further more, depending on the overclock, more often you run into

the issue of when a overclock work's fine for one game, you go and download that new game, and that overclock

doesn't work for the new game, and you get gfx card driver crashes.

Which is why, I overclock when I either 1) need to to get my desired performance (which will be when i get my 1440p monitor), and 2) when I'm aiming for some benchmark numbers, or max overclocking goals.

Edit: Also with my modded bios, my stock gpu clock is @ 1024mhz

do you recommend modding the BIOS? I could get a classified for that I guess...

do you recommend modding the BIOS? I could get a classified for that I guess...

There's a modded bios for the classy as well, i recommend it if your actually serious about overclocking, it will void your warranty, so if you can justify it, go for it

No it won't void warranty. As long as one of the two BIOS are stock, it's fine.

Well true, but there are some variable's that will effect that, such as whether or not the card has duel bios,

and whether or not said person removes the modded bios and replaces it with a stock one prior to sending it in.

and depending on that RMA and what has happened with the card, they may not be able to exactly replace the bios,

So again, do at your own risk, because yeah never know!

All the Classified models have dual BIOS and you can send it back with one BIOS as a 3rd party one if the card is dead without any problem. I just did it last week myself with one of my KPEs.

Very good to know!, gotta love EVGA for their amazing customer service

• 3 weeks later...

I was checking the DB tonight and just realised we passed the first hundred submissions (110 actually, but who keeps count?)!
I really want to thank everyone that has contributed to the database, you guys are an amazing community, and also thanks to all of you for making this possible, for helping me to shape this dream into what it is today. I am sorry if the manual check for the submissions has been slow, but they are there now, and I promise more dedication from now on
I just wanna say I am working in version 1.1 of the DB as of this writing, and will hopefully be out soon.

A huge "thank you" to everyone that has collaborated to this idea, may it be by contributing to the original design (MeltyMoon and skullbringer), by submitting your results, by helping people in the thread, or even just by browsing the database and using the info to achieve your own OCs, this project is for you, and you make it possible.

:')

• 1 month later...

Help!! I have problem with timeout detection and recovery while OC my MSI GTX 760 HAWK, and always recover when I OC my GPU... please Help me any one?  :)

After 4 hours of tests and crashes (I think) I finally hit the sweet spot...
If you wonder how my temp. is that low compared to other air cooled OCs it's because i'm running on a HAF X with 1000 RPM 200mm Fan 2xTop +1 side panel so the airflow is pretty high, but again at the cost of serenity and silence (It sounded like a jet plane during the stress test, but worth it)
You can see it all in the picture. Personally, I am very proud of the result (wouldn't mind advice for further overclocking  :D )
Even though I don't really like running 2 monitors just for the sake of performance loss. MSI Kombustor 3.0: Lake of the titans (nightmare) At Extreme FHD preset . 30720000 Tessellated triangles. 4x  MSAA 

L5wacf3.jpgClick on the picture if it's too small or unclear

Hue! The potato on the forums. Extreme Style.  "Adrenalin begins when gravity ends"~Studio Liverpool, Wipeout Fury/HD fanboy

Valley's the only benchmark I've been able to run in Windows 8.1 Preview reliably, so here it is:

f5gm.jpg

tird.jpg

dd28445d_igBkxvy.jpeg

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

I find it hard to believe that someone clocked a TITAN that high...

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it hard to believe that someone clocked a TITAN that high...

He has the Skn3t bios, hence he has no control of the gpu temp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Took me ages to get this working, glad I did though. Just keeping this card until I get a 7990, until then!

Could someone please tell me the settings for the sapphire dual x 280x..Happy gaming

I have a question - I am relatively unfamiliar with building my own Gaming-PC, but I'm going to build an own new Gaming PC at the end of the year.

How much does stock-overclocked GPUs effect lifetime of the GPU?

What are your experiences related to this topic? 

I'd like to see the GPU working for at least 3-4 years and maybe upgrade the system with a second card.

Thanks!!