The GPU Overclocking Database

Cobalt

Why ain't my shizzle ma nizzle in da dizzle?

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Great Idea

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk | GPU: MSI TF3 7970 BE | Motherboard: M5A99FX-Pro-Rev 2.0 | RAM: Corsair Vengence LP 8GB (2x4) | PSU: Xigmatek Vector G 750W 80+ GOLD | Case: Thermaltake A71 | Storage: Seagate 1TB + WD 650GB

• 2 weeks later...

-- QUESTION-- I have recently got a new pc with an EVGA GTX 770 SC W/ACX Cooler

When i first got it i messed about with the overclock to get it as high as i could without it crashing and ended up with 

104% power target

+40 gpu clock offset

+300 mem clock offset 

i have stuck with this ever since. i ran a stress test using kombustor for a few hours and got 1308 gpu clock and it ran really cool at around 62*c 

but now a few months later (today) i ran the same test and the gpu clock was only boosting to 1188 and it was running at 82*c and the fan was louder than i would like running at 67%

Why is my overclock so much worse now?

i havent noticed it playing bf3, just when doing the test today

my case has excelent cooling and my cpu doesent run hot ive even run it with the case open and its still 81*c 

I am kind of a noob at this so if someone could reply and just say if that's ok or something :) also i am sorry if i posted this in the wrong place

My specs - built myself after watching many helpfull videos from linus and the team :)

fractal design define r4 with an exrta r2 140mm fan in front

I5 3570k up to 4.6ghz using the zalman 9900max air cooler

8gb of corsair vengence ram (2x4)

evga gtx 770 sc w/acx

corsair tx650m psu

samsung 840 pro 128gb ssd

gigabyte z77x ud3h 

I got my MSI GTX 770 Lightning at

Voltage:+6

Clock:+75

Memory:+800 

Everything seems stable at the moment I am using driver 326.41 Beta drivers.

I might push it a bit further later on and see where I can take this thing.

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

I finally got my overclock figured out and I want to share it with you guys. I hope this will help others who are struggling  with overclocking this particular card.

The story of my GTX 770 Lightning is quite long, but I'll try to keep it short, I don't want to bore anyone. I bought my GTX 770 Lightning a few days after it launched at that time it was quite a pricey card, but it was nothing compared to the GTX 780 or even the TITAN. I conceder myself an enthusiast, however that was the only thing, which I could afford at that time, nevertheless it turned out that I actually made a great choice.  

I started overclocking my card right away, after a few runs at stock speeds, just to ensure that everything was running as it should. My initial overclocks weren't too high, because I didn't know how exactly to overclock this particular kind of card, since I have always been an AMD graphics card user. After I figured the main things about overclocking this new kind of nVidia GPUs, which are using the GPU Boost 2.0, I managed to push my card up to 1306MHz on the core with +12mV on the voltage. I thought it was stable, but it turned out not to be... In this forum I found a really nice guy, who gave me a link to a specific MSI Afterburner (3.0.0 beta 10 at that time), which was especially made for Lightning cards. Thankfully I finally got my overclock stable, however I had to use a ridiculous amount of voltage (+56mV on the core) in order to get my 1306MHz stable. Since then I constantly tried to push my card even further, but no matter what I did my every attempt failed. It looked like 1306MHz was the maximum clock speed, which my card could achieve.

However today I was inspired once again by this same dude, who helped me initially. He was using the LN2 Bios of his Lightning card and I decided to give it a try once again. I managed to overclock my card up to +140MHz on the core (1360MHz effective clock), but with no OC on the memory whatsoever. After a few more hours of messing around with the card i found a sweetspot, which was giving higher overall scores on all the benchmarks, which I ran (Unigine Vally, 3DMark Vantage and Crysis 2).

My final, current 100% stable overclock is:

+81mV on the core
+105MHz on the core (1333MHz effective core clock)
+50 Aux Voltage
+109 Power Limit
Temp limit is 94C
+200 on the memory voltage
+500MHz on the memory (8GHz effective clock)

Max temps under full load:

1. Core temps: 81C (Custom fan profile; Max fan speed - 71%)
2. Memory temps: 70C (Custom fan profile; Max fan speed - 71%)

All this is done using MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 beta 14 on nVidia 320.49 drivers.

http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/3383-testing/

http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/3384-testing2/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if anyone brought this up already, but Furmark and any variation of Furmark should be removed from the stress / stability test option.  Its useless for anything other than getting a number.  I can get a really high OC with Furmark, but I can't actually run any games with that OC.

Or is this a number only kinda thing?  In which case I suggest splitting it up into 2 categories.  Numbers only OC and a usable, playable OC.

*disclaimer:

this post sounds kinda authoritarian, but I really mean it as more of a suggestion or something to get a discussion going to see what most people wanna do with this database.  I for one would rather see what kinda OC people can get that are usable in a game rather than just a useless high number.

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if anyone brought this up already, but Furmark and any variation of Furmark should be removed from the stress / stability test option.  Its useless for anything other than getting a number.  I can get a really high OC with Furmark, but I can't actually run any games with that OC.

Or is this a number only kinda thing?  In which case I suggest splitting it up into 2 categories.  Numbers only OC and a usable, playable OC.

*disclaimer:

this post sounds kinda authoritarian, but I really mean it as more of a suggestion or something to get a discussion going to see what most people wanna do with this database.  I for one would rather see what kinda OC people can get that are usable in a game rather than just a useless high number.

Most of the people are also giving some benchmark numbers as well, like Unigine and 3DMark... Either way it's not a bad idea.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

• 2 weeks later...

Can I request a 660ti MSI PE stable overclock info? I will try to overclock mine, find a stable configuration, and submit it here. But until then can anyone confirm with me here? I couldn't figure out how to request a card on the DOCs. 

If you love what you do, it's not work.

I purchased my msi gtx 660ti pe withing 2 weeks of it coming out, loved it since day one. After I had found out about overclocking 3 months after purchase I began doing that and ever since I have left my card at 1254.2mhz core, 1800.9mhz memory and the temps are perfectly fine (59-65c) so I have never touched it ever since and now I am thinking about buying another but I heard msi has stopped making the version I bought. I am not sure about this but I have been hearing a lot of rumors going around that nvidia busted msi for this and as a result have stopped producing the 660ti pe/ with its triple over-voltage features.

Can I request a 660ti MSI PE stable overclock info? I will try to overclock mine, find a stable configuration, and submit it here. But until then can anyone confirm with me here? I couldn't figure out how to request a card on the DOCs. 

No endorsed and recorded configuration is 100% guaranteed for stability. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Well, that´s because there is no way to request cards at this point. Also, take in count that the silicon lottery is also a very important factor in your OC´s. You can see in the DB how two similar cards can reach way different clocks. Fortunately @darksynshadow has got you covered with the card you wanted, still, take those numbers with caution.

*disclaimer:

Most of the people are also giving some benchmark numbers as well, like Unigine and 3DMark... Either way it's not a bad idea.

I also wanted to make this post to answer the comments about Furmark, there are some ideas I have in mind about changing the way stress results are given kind like what @warmmilk says but in a bigger scale (hell, if I am gonna do it, better do it well) , but it also would mean some chages to the DB, right now school has happened to me so this may take a while to happen.

In the meantime, in reality how many different stress tests (benchmarks and games) do you usually run, or feel comfortable running??

Well, that´s because there is no way to request cards at this point. Also, take in count that the silicon lottery is also a very important factor in your OC´s. You can see in the DB how two similar cards can reach way different clocks. Fortunately @darksynshadow has got you covered with the card you wanted, still, take those numbers with caution.

I also wanted to make this post to answer the comments about Furmark, there are some ideas I have in mind about changing the way stress results are given kind like what @warmmilk says but in a bigger scale (hell, if I am gonna do it, better do it well) , but it also would mean some chages to the DB, right now school has happened to me so this may take a while to happen.

In the meantime, in reality how many different stress tests (benchmarks and games) do you usually run, or feel comfortable running??

Well, I usually do a Unigine Vally loop for may be half an hour just to test basic stability and max temps, then I fire up 3DMark Vantage. If you can pass Vantage that means that your overclock is pretty much 95% stable. Finally I do a segment in Crysis 3 in order to evaluate real world performance difference and also to double check the stability of the whole system.   

Every game I happen to run on my msi gtx 660ti pe with the overclock I have set 1254.2mhz core, 1800mhz memory has worked with every game since day one of setting the overclock values. Now I did run across some clocks that would work as high as 1306mhz in furmark for 24 hour stress test runs, but in certain games it would crash, so i just set it back 50mhz and it hasn't crashed since. My memory also worked at 1900mhz on half the games I play, the other half I experienced artifacting so I set it back 100mhz. I only spent one long day (5-7hours) tweaking and fine tuning and ever since that day the card has worked perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

For the guy that got the 1035 / 1300 oc with his XFX 7850 how extreme is that overclock he got ?  What is an average overclock that people get with these cards ?  I am starting out at 900 / 1215 with my oc right now using MSI Afterburner to do it.

My testing: (will be updated time and time again)

1 GB XFX 7850

Furmark 15 min 1920x1080 AA 8 samples  .... 73 degrees Celsius 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

My GPUs has since downlocked from 1241 to 1228 on the core while memory has increased from 1852 to 1865.

1241 runs stable on Unigine Heaven / Unigine Valley / Metro 2033 but sadly crashes on Metro Last Light :(

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

is this good by any means? 900x900px-LL-ced7ce04_HeavenBench.jpeg

What GPU are you using? Also could you tell the clock speeds. Please also do the Xtreme HD preset. It's easier to evaluate that way.

This was done with a reference 780. +155 core, +355 mem. Power is 106%, +37mV(the highest setting in Precision). Couldn't get it with stock voltage..=C

Sorry for my late answer. Yes the score looks right for a card from this class. Don't worry. 

Sorry for my late answer. Yes the score looks right for a card from this class. Don't worry.

I can't add 200 core on stock voltage =C

Guess I lost terribly in the silicon lottery..

EDIT: I been doing my tests wrongly, I hit 1150 @ 1.2v stable.