Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cobalt

The GPU Overclocking Database

Recommended Posts

ANYONE. Vega 56

 

I got an RX Vega 56. There is a youtube video about replacing the bios of the Vega 56 to that of the Vega 64. I also have read that you can boot up the Vega 56 fairly easily. I was wondering if anyone has experience with this. You basically trick a Vega 56 into being a Vega 64.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 486DX Win3.1 said:

ANYONE. Vega 56

 

I got an RX Vega 56. There is a youtube video about replacing the bios of the Vega 56 to that of the Vega 64. I also have read that you can boot up the Vega 56 fairly easily. I was wondering if anyone has experience with this. You basically trick a Vega 56 into being a Vega 64.

Post this in troubleshooting or make a post in the GPU section so you can get better traction than in here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

MSI 2070 Gaming Z, with a stock cooler and Bios. 

 

Boost Clock is 2070Mhz constant boost (1830Mhz stock) 

Voltage 1.037V  (stock)

Temp 64c (max with custom fan curve)

VRAM is at 8250Mhz (+1250Mhz)

Sadly hitting the power limit at 111.1%.  

 

During tests I saw an improvement with the VRAM all of the way through till +1250Mhz, then it starts to plateau at about 1300mhz.  

 

3DMark Time Spy 1.0 Results

 

overclock.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Max of 1200Mhz (Original Single Fan = 85-89*c) at Stock 1.2v when Loaded.

Now 1250Mhz Max Coreclock using 1.24v seen in GPUZ,.. when 1.3v set in MSI.

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/20657575/fs/14058225/fs/718913#

Untitled.png

Annotation 2019-10-12 033821.jpg


Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 7:10 PM, SkilledRebuilds said:

 

Max of 1200Mhz (Original Single Fan = 85-89*c) at Stock 1.2v when Loaded.

Now 1250Mhz Max Coreclock using 1.24v seen in GPUZ,.. when 1.3v set in MSI.

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/20657575/fs/14058225/fs/718913#

Untitled.png

Annotation 2019-10-12 033821.jpg

Honestly that doesn't tell me much,  it's probably good... But a 1050ti at 1700MHz seems kinda unfair in comparison, my 1050ti did (does) 2000MHz easily and probably higher memory clock too,  I don't remember that though. 

 

 


RYZEN 5 3600 | MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

 

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Honestly that doesn't tell me much,  it's probably good... But a 1050ti at 1700MHz seems kinda unfair in comparison, my 1050ti did (does) 2000MHz easily and probably higher memory clock too,  I don't remember that though. 

 

 

The 1050ti there was a SFF variant in a Dell box. Turbo is about 100Mhz lower than NonSFF versions, OC holds 1750-1860Mhz, rarely maintains 1911Mhz though.

It's not for suggesting one GPU over another..

Just a comparison of sorts.


Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

The 1050ti there was a SFF variant in a Dell box. Turbo is about 100Mhz lower than NonSFF versions, OC holds 1750-1860Mhz, rarely maintains 1911Mhz though.

It's not for suggesting one GPU over another..

Just a comparison of sorts.

Oh ok. 👍

 

So how does this work, what tests do I need to run? 

 


RYZEN 5 3600 | MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

 

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2013 at 1:28 PM, Cobalt said:

Thanks for the offer Levent, but that database isn't seen much action, we can handle it for now, if we need help on the future, make sure we'll call

Also, the original purpose of the DB is to have people submit their own results the way they do it and the way it works for them, standardizing really is not on the plans, people can always consult and check if some OC works with only with Furmark and crashes with Unigine Heaven and some other works w Furmark and Heaven, and with that info the first guy might compare clocks and find a more stable voltaje or clock that also works for him. That way he may find more suitable settings even though his worked mostly ok.

Variety equates to more information, and information is power :)

6 years later we have 11gb cards and new models called RTX.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×