The GPU Overclocking Database

Cobalt

GPU specs in my signature.

History of the Cards

Got these 2 cards 3 months ago and I am NOT HAPPY with these cards. Being an overclocking enthusiast, these cards are too restrictive in terms of overvolting and custom fan profiles. GPU Boost works for only about half the time and throttling makes me extremely angry. I decided to do a BIOS mod for my 2 GPUs to remove throttling and increase Vcore to the maximum. I would go AMD for next upgrade if Nvidia continues with this restrictive BS. 

The clocks

8kq.png

3DMark (2013) Benchmark Scores

84d925bb_Untitled.jpeg

Unigine Heaven 4.0 Benchmark Score

8ff8c002_Untitled.jpeg

Stability Testing

Ran 1.5 hours of Unigine Heaven 4.0 without crashing.

Ran 50 runs of Metro 2033 Benchmark (metro2033benchmark.exe) without crashing.

Ran 10 mins of OCCT with 0 errors.

I consider my OC stable.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

Asus GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU2 4GB OVERCLOCK

Completing the entry in the database here is a more in depth description of the overclock.

Test system:
CPU: Intel core i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz (1.25V)
MB: AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional-M
RAM: 2 x 4 GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600MHz 9-9-9-24
PSU: Corsair CX500
Cooler: H80 with stock fans @ 5 V (~ 1000rpm) (only exhaust)
Storage: Crucial M4 128 GB (boot), Western Digital 1.5 TB external drive (games, programms)
Case: Sharkoon T28 with stock front fans (2 x 120mm) @ 5V (intake)
GPU: see above
Drivers: Catalyst 13.5 Beta 2
Overclocking programm: Asus GPUTweak
Stability Test: MSI Kombustor (hairy donut)
Resolution: 1920x1080 @ 60Hz

History of the Card: I got 2 of these 680 4GB from Asus as an replacement for the two 7970s I had before but could not keep because of micro stuttering and inconsistent frame timing. Scaling was actually pretty epic, especially at 1440p 120Hz real-live gameplay situations the 4GB of vram show its power. As I sold one of those cards already again, I can only really show you the results of one card. If you want to know the framerates with two in SLI you can pretty much double the results of the single gpu config, especially at resolutions of 1080p and larger.

Overclock: Since day one of using this card, it overclocks very consistently and very stable. It makes it all the way up to 1201 MHz boost clock on the core while still being extremely quiet, which is epic, considering it only uses the 670 DC2 cooler (dual slot) and has 4 GB of memory. Increasing the clock any more or increasing the voltage just made the card unstable so its running at stock 987mV boosting up to 1170mV automatically. The memory clocks up to 6998 MHz, which is, again, quite impressive, as it has 4GB of memory. Power target is set to 132%, monitoring it, it never hits 130%, even though it only has two 6-pin power connectors.

I ran MSI Kombustor for 10 minutes to verify stability rudimantary. I was always pretty safe with that method, having no card crash or getting unstable in any application I ran after that 10 minutes of intense stress testing.

680ocstability.png

Benchmarks:

To start with the pre-canned benchmarks:
(I forgot to set the language to english, so you see german menus)

3DMark 11 Performance:

6803dmark11p.png

3DMark 11 Extreme:

6803dmark11x.png

3DMark Vantage Performance:

6803dmarkvantagep.png

3DMark Vantage Extreme:

6803dmarkvantagex.png

3DMark Firestrike:

6803dmarkfirestrikeextr.png

Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0 (default settings):

680heaven.png

Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0 (default settings):

680valley.png

Moving on I have been running live in-game benchmarks following Slicks Benchmarking Procedure Explanation videos:

Battlefield 3 (ultra preset, no motion blur):

Avg: 99.252 - Min: 74 - Max: 138

7970bf3.png

Crysis 3 (very high texture and graphics settings, AA off):

Avg: 57.233 - Min: 37 - Max: 75

7970crysis3.png

I also made up a 2 minute benchmarking procedure for Metro 2033 (explanation video Linus style maybe still to come)

Metro 2033 (DX11, very high preset, max filters):

Avg: 38.844 - Min: 27 - Max: 58

7970metro2033.png

Metro: Last Light Benchmark possibly coming soon.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Congrats on the sticky!

I'm already in the database but It seems like everyone else is just posting screenies here too, so... I'll play along.

hozYOlU.png

Apparently people are just showing off, so i will get in on the action.

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

It's actualy a little more than showing off, orignaly we wanted users to describe their system and talk about any things and detalis that may or may not affect their overclock, screenshots are just a way to express that, but game results, photos, benchmarks, and more than anything, your history with the cards words to describe what your system is about. You can add this data to the DB by adding the link to your post at the end of the entry form

Also, I just came home to find out we're pinned, and I can't tell you how joyful I am right now, thank you guys, thanks to my mod team and to the supporters, thank you all.

Added mine, but no screens other than the GPUZ validation. I didn't think to take any because I was just messing with it but it's 1300mhz STABLE, and I mean stress test,  gaming, browsing, everything. cant go higher than 1300 for some reason, no program will allow more than that.

I almost want to mod it for good so I can run those clocks daily lol.

Added mine, but no screens other than the GPUZ validation. I didn't think to take any because I was just messing with it but it's 1300mhz STABLE, and I mean stress test,  gaming, browsing, everything. cant go higher than 1300 for some reason, no program will allow more than that.

I almost want to mod it for good so I can run those clocks daily lol.

You sure this is true? My 5450 was capped at 650 Mhz. Like no matter what program you try to overclock it with, 650 was the cap...

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

You sure this is true? My 5450 was capped at 650 Mhz. Like no matter what program you try to overclock it with, 650 was the cap...

Yeah, I used GPUTweak for the overclocking. I think MSI afterburner has the unlock for extended overclocking, but I knew GPUTweak would do it without having to mess with config files and such. Once you unlock it (registry tweak to CCC) you can use most overclocking programs to do it.

You can always mod the BIOS too. RBE will allow you to change the CCC limits but I didn't do it at the time.

This is a fantastic idea, love it. Wish there was something like this around when I was trying to OC my 6870 I currently use.

I am whatever I am. 

This is a fantastic idea, love it. Wish there was something like this around when I was trying to OC my 6870 I currently use.

Why not help somebody else who might be in that position right now??

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JRtSc8imZJ1J21T0bn99wP6BZbYf_uUbfMhPX4Y7LbE/viewform#start=invite

Breaking news! Well, kind of.

I have found out that when I play Battlefield 3 for a long session (2 hours or more), I starts glitching out. First I have noticed it I thought it was just one of thousands bug and glitches that are featured in that game. But when it happened to me again I have started wondering if it dosn't have anything to do with my overclock. I have tried decreasing the memory clock by 300 MHz, but no difference. After playing one and a half round of 1000 ticket conquest it happened again. Did this happened to you as well?

It just glitches all textures out of nowhere and after a while artifacts start appearing so much that it blinds me completly. I haven't experienced that in any of the other games. Any ideas? Should I just go for a lower overclock, test it and do another entry?

MSI Z77MA-G45; Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz with stock cooler (75°C max. in Prime95); Corsiar Vengeance 2x4GB @ 1600MHz CL9; EVGA GTX 650Ti SSC 2GB GDDR5 @ stock; Samsung 840 120GB (15s boot time); WD Green 500GB; Corsair CX430; Corsair 350D; BenQ RL2455HM (best gaming 60Hz monitor); Logitech G400 mouse; Logitech K120 keyboard; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Ok, but it will probably take at least the whole weekend to find a compatible OC. I'll try to find some that works.

By the way I hope that Battlefield 4 is really primarily developed on PC and it will have less bugs. The number of bugs in Battlefield 3 is OVER 9000! :D

MSI Z77MA-G45; Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz with stock cooler (75°C max. in Prime95); Corsiar Vengeance 2x4GB @ 1600MHz CL9; EVGA GTX 650Ti SSC 2GB GDDR5 @ stock; Samsung 840 120GB (15s boot time); WD Green 500GB; Corsair CX430; Corsair 350D; BenQ RL2455HM (best gaming 60Hz monitor); Logitech G400 mouse; Logitech K120 keyboard; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

So here is my final overclock of my GTX 650Ti.

The exact model is the EVGA GeForce GTX 650Ti SSC 2GB GDDR5. All of the test were ran with i3-3220, 8GB of DDR3 RAM at 1600 MHz CL9 and from the Samsung 840 120 GB SSD.

I have achived a core clock of 1125 MHz (+200 from reference clock and +53 from this card's clock), a memory clock of 1700 MHz (+700 MHz), while using a voltage of 1100 mV (+75 mV).

I am using the latest driver directly from NVIDIA (320.18). Overclocking was done using MSI Afterburner, which is in my opinion the best overclocking tool out there. To measure framerates in games I used Fraps and screenshots were taken using PrintScreen key and pasting it into MS Paint (I like this method :D).

Stability testing:

To test the stability I have ran Unigine Heaven Benchmark for about 30-40 minutes. The highest temperature I saw was 73°C (about 10°C more than default). Pretty good for a reference cooler in my opinion. To achieve these temperatures I have mounted a fan to the sidepanel directly next to the card. Otherwise I have pretty bad airflow in my case. :P

Screenshot: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/1018-stability-testing/

Fan curve & ASIC Quality: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/1017-fan-curve-asic-quality/

Benchmarks:

All of the benchmarks except 3D Mark were ran at 1920x1080 resolution.

The first benchmark I ran was 3D Mark (2013) at the Performance preset and I achived these results: Ice Storm: 93299, Cloud Gate: 10367, Fire Strike: 3418.

You can check the results by clicking this link: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/695356

Screenshot: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/1016-3d-mark-results-with-my-ocdgtx-650ti/

I have ran the Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0 at these settings (Quality: Ultra, Tessallation: Extreme) and got min. FPS of 15.2, avg. FPS of 26.5, max. FPS of 69.5 and score of 668.

Screenshot: <coming soon>

So first game I have tested was Battlefield 3. I have benchmarked the game using Slick's method (2min runthrough of the Comerads level). There is however one thing you have to set in your NVIDIA Control Panel and that is the Pre-rendered frames setting. You have to set in to 3(VERY IMPORTANT!) at least for Battlefield 3. Otherwise weird graphical glitches will appear after some while and you will be unable to play the game.

I have tested it at Lowest settings, but with Mesh Quality set to Ultra (that means you can see enemies in the distance). With those settings I have achieved a min. FPS of 66, avg. FPS of 89 and max. FPS of 132.

Then I have tested the game at Ultra setting, but with Motion Blur set to Off and I have got a min. FPS of 32avg. FPS of 48 and max. FPS of 65.

Than I have ran Borderlands 2 at these settings (Texture Quality, Game Details and PhysX: High, Depth of Field: On, Draw Distance: Low - big difference right here, everything else (Bullet Decals, FXAA, Ambient Occlusion...) at the lowest or Off. I have tested it by running around the city of Sanctuary for about 2 minutes. The results are: min. FPS: 50, avg. FPS: 75 and max. FPS: 112.

So this is it. I hope it works. I will keep adding more benchmarks here as I will be able to.

I have verry little time to describe this, but long story short, this is the highest OC i can achieve on this 660, because i can not overvolt it, i can go higher on some values, it will pass stress testing, but in games like BF3 or 
Crysis 3 it will cause the driver to crash, but with all of that, i consider this overclock pretty good, going higher won't yeld more performance.

38077790.jpg

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

MSI Twin Frozr III 3GB, stock cooler.  I ran the Furry and Tessy test with MSI Kombustor for 10 minutes. MAX VDDC is 1300mV, but pulling 1254mV for the test. GPU constant at 59 C with 49% fan speed.  1200 GPU/1675 mem

7950ab.png

I also added a 3Dmark score

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6635850

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

my 7950 Twin Frozr has an oc of 1150 MHz from the stock of 960 and it has been running fine

I very much like this, also more people should join.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

what voltage would be good on a gigabyte 7870? I'm wondering if I can squeeze even more out of it...

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I own a an ATI Raedon 6450 and I need to overclocking it. It is bad graphics card, it is not even meant for gaming

Got an Arctic Accelero Xtreme 3, allowed much more overclocking headroom, better memory overclocks, better temperatures, etc.

On an MSI GTX 670 PE. Max clock is 1411mHz for core, 7387mHz for memory. All at 1.21 volts.

CPU: Intel i5-2320 @ 3.9gHz

GPU: MSI GTX 670 PE @ 1411/7387

I wanna go fast! :P

Got an Arctic Accelero Xtreme 3, allowed much more overclocking headroom, better memory overclocks, better temperatures, etc.

On an MSI GTX 670 PE. Max clock is 1411mHz for core, 7387mHz for memory. All at 1.21 volts.

Wow thats an high clock :O

My Asus GTX670 DCUII is clocked at 1221Mhz for Core and 6300Mhz for Memory without any changes on the Voltage.

It has nice 66c and only 60% Fan usage :)

I tried to get a higher clock but the games crash at 1240mhz.

RTX2070OC